Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arg v SA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

.ak wrote: »
    Steve Walsh's conversing is gas.

I know little about the individual refs, but he seems a decent guy and a calming influence.
    Held his hands up there for getting a call wrong when others would have bluffed it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Why do you reckon the Cheetahs scrumhalves are persistently ignored?

Van Ziel is good but very young and has yet to show maturity at this level. Now give him a few years and he could be a starting 9 at the moment he has a bit to go.

Vermaark is much maligned but I think he is a good player and far superior to Pienaar IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It used to annoy me but I'm warming to it.

I just find it hilarious. He's so unlike a ref it's gas. His career is half a disaster... if they had to make a movie based on a rugby ref it'd have to be about Walsh. It'd have everything; comedy, tragedy, drama, the works!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Why do you reckon the Cheetahs scrumhalves are persistently ignored?

Neither of them have any physicality or patience at the base. Pretorius in particular is wild. Van Zyl should be number 2/3 behind Du Preez though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Van Ziel is good but very young and has yet to show maturity at this level. Now give him a few years and he could be a starting 9 at the moment he has a bit to go.

Vermaark is much maligned but I think he is a good player and far superior to Pienaar IMO

What about the guy who went to the Tahs for a year, and returned to SA. Name escapes me, but he is good.

Edit: I see matthew8's comment - Pretorius that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I just find it hilarious. He's so unlike a ref it's gas. His career is half a disaster... if they had to make a movie based on a rugby ref it'd have to be about Walsh. It'd have everything; comedy, tragedy, drama, the works!

Him and Nigel definitely top the banter stakes anyway.

Where again is De Villers leadership, it really is a complete mess at ruck time. I not sure consistently why South Africa struggle away from home.

They should be blowing this Argie team away!

Hahahah, Steve Walsh with another gem. "Fck!" and then running into players, huffing and puiffing.

Argentina can play lovely rugby when it matters. Fast, over the gain line, and keep moving the point of contact. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What a cracking try! These Argentina lads are a different team from last week.

• Advertisement

Great try! Forwards doing a magnificent job at clearing fast ruck ball - ABs might need to learn from the experts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Yeahh!!!!!!!

Great try argies.

South Africa get what they deserve and this is going to be a mighty tough task again.

The Boks underbelly is really being shown, Lack of leadership all over the park. Time to start looking at the bench!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Good finish by Bosch, it was his carry out wide on the right that got Argentina going forward.

Who would play Walsh? Colin Farrell? A young Tom Selleck? Himself? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I've always thought he looks quite like Jack Black.

Hope Argentina can get the win now,but if they do lose at least it won't be as bad as last week.

Luke Wilson.

I've already given this a bit of thought...

*hides script*

De Villers really made a scandelous decision not going for that 3 early. What was he thinking?? giving a already loud home support more to shout about.

I have never been convinced by him as a Captain. He is not a patch on greats like Smit, Matfield, Skinstad and Joost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

From the 'lookalikes' thread...
    P_1 wrote: »
    Jimmy from the American version of Shameless.
    2k2UN

New Zealand Australia referee Steve Walsh.
    2k2Rt

Sign that contract now :pac:

De Villers really made a scandelous decision not going for that 3 early. What was he thinking?? giving a already loud home support more to shout about.

I have never been convinced by him as a Captain. He is not a patch on greats like Smit, Matfield, Skinstad and Joost.

You're pretty harsh on your team there, Emperor. But I agree throwing away gift 3 points - especially when Morne is your kicker - is foolhardy.

• Advertisement

Luke Wilson.

I've already given this a bit of thought...

*hides script*

Or Bret McKenzie.

Or Bret McKenzie.

They say car, and we say car :pac:

You're pretty harsh on your team there, Emperor. But I agree throwing away gift 3 points - especially when Morne is your kicker - is foolhardy.

I am afraid this team needs to kick on now. Meyer has a **** load of talent from 1-8.

Pienaar should never be starting as with Basson and lets face it, his tactics of consistently leaving Bryan Habana out on the wing to work on his tan is outrageous.

I must also state that the backrow has been completely outplayed especially Francois Louw has not made one turnover and consdering that Brussow has been left out he really needs to up it now!.

De Villers for me is not a captain, he is not a world cup captain which this team should be aiming for!

I am afraid this team needs to kick on now. Meyer has a **** load of talent from 1-8.

Pienaar should never be starting as with Basson and lets face it, his tactics of consistently leaving Bryan Habana out on the wing to work on his tan is outrageous.

I must also state that the backrow has been completely outplayed especially Francois Louw has not made one turnover and consdering that Brussow has been left out he really needs to up it now!.

De Villers for me is not a captain, he is not a world cup captain which this team should be aiming for!

You do look a little more keen to play expansively this year, though. It's a work in progress, but I have no doubt you'll give NZ a very good run, especially at home.

You do look a little more keen to play expansively this year, though. It's a work in progress, but I have no doubt you'll give NZ a very good run, especially at home.

I am actually Irish but I just love South Africa rugby the potential in this squad to do great things.

The one huge advantage the Boks have is that bench. Kolisi, Van Der Merve and Bismark especially!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Very poor discipline from Argies so far.

Looks like a potential gouge here as well.

Duane Vermeulen is bordering on being a tryhard Bakkies Botha. Let it go Duane, it'll cost you at some point.

Looked more like lazy rucking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It would be hilarious if Walsh said amigo when talking to the argies.

Advertisement