Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 2 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Looks like Ferdinand, Evra, Terry, Cole and Cahil could all get 2 (9) BPs with Vidic getting the 3 (13) :pac:

All aboard the defenders bandwagon :eek:

433 after WC. Vidic @ 6 mill looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

moreau wrote: »
    433 after WC. Vidic @ 6 mill looks great

Won't stay at 6 million very long i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

dahat wrote: »
    Won't stay at 6 million very long i reckon.

For sure.

Was once the most expensive defender on the site ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

With an away game v Liverpool to come Vidic might hang on at 6 for a bit longer (please)

Looking like 61 points for me this week, only frustration is Toure on the bench with 8 points

65 points this week after wild-carding.

The important thing is that my team looks very good for next week too.

Was not in good shape for this week after week one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I think Cahill is a great shout. Cheap and hoovering up BPs.

I have lost .2 on Mata. FUUUUUCK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

KevIRL wrote: »
    With an away game v Liverpool to come Vidic might hang on at 6 for a bit longer (please)

This is the same game which has seen Lamps and Oscar rise despite no game next week! So I wouldn't bank on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is the same game which has seen Lamps and Oscar rise despite no game next week! So I wouldn't bank on it!
    He needs 61850 in. Would be asking alot given that he has such an unappealing game and the fact that nobody with any sense will wildcard this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

47 (-4) for the week. Not good enough. RVP let me down but that won't happen most weeks. Looking forward to the WC next week and this brand new defense minded world

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    He needs 61850 in. Would be asking alot given that he has such an unappealing game and the fact that nobody with any sense will wildcard this week.

Just out of interest, what makes it senseless to use it this week?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I hadn't actually checked Fiso. My point was just that there's a lot of people with no sense playing the game. Like the guy in my private league who brought in Ramires this week in time for him to play United and then have no game.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ajcurry123 wrote: »

An extra long gap between GW3 and GW4 would mean probably more sense to use it next week, as more of a chance to ride the coat tail of price rises.

More importantly though, the transfer window not closed until 2 Sept so using the WC next week means at least you know the team squads until xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Your better off to wait until after the transfer window as you don't know what players might come in late and it's an international break, so there could be a few injuries. I'm using mine just before gw4, gives me a few weeks to plan out what I'm going to do

KevIRL wrote: »
    An extra long gap between GW3 and GW4 would mean probably more sense to use it next week, as more of a chance to ride the coat tail of price rises.

More importantly though, the transfer window not closed until 2 Sept so using the WC next week means at least you know the team squads until xmas

Well, I used my wildcard after the first week, despite always leaving it until November or March.

Got 84 in the first week but was left with a weak side so played it. Got 65 this week and now have a nice looking side for next week. Probably won't make a transfer and have 2 for next week, if I need it.

I don't think it is senseless to play it at a particular time. It would be senseless if someone did the completely wrong thing with it. Once it is used right, I think it's fine.

Big gap approaching and transfer deadline so would be best to wait a week even if it was urgent, and also, most of the good teams (the ones you'll want to sign the spine of your team from) have unfavourable fixtures this week so it would be difficult to get a short-term gain from doing it this week. If one is unhappy with their team, fine, but wait a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

51 points but have toure on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

37 for the week. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

45 after tonight, I didn't expect a cech clean sheet so that was a bonus. Not a great week but with city at home the weekend and looking at the games I can see 50 points coming my way.

I'll use the wc after that and improve my defense, looks like bps could be got from there this season, also I think bringing in rvp might be an option man u have a handy run of games in October

Big gap approaching and transfer deadline so would be best to wait a week even if it was urgent, and also, most of the good teams (the ones you'll want to sign the spine of your team from) have unfavourable fixtures this week so it would be difficult to get a short-term gain from doing it this week. If one is unhappy with their team, fine, but wait a week.

I played mine earlier today as that was always the plan. I dont think it's sensless at all, I was heavy loaded with Chelsea & Villa for GW1 so for me it makes more sense to take the risk with the international break rather than take a possible 4 point hit for GW2 and/or GW3 to get a decent GW3 team.

Have to say the 2 day extension caught me on the hop, I thought it was Sat 31st and that I'd have up to 11:30 to react to any major surprises... Of which I'm not really expecting.

Think I've gotten in before some price rises over the next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

62 for myself, GW3 can't come soon enough though. Only had 12 playing players this week and will only have 12 next week, all for various reasons. Can't really complain, got well above the average for the second week.

• Advertisement

I played mine earlier today as that was always the plan. I dont think it's sensless at all, I was heavy loaded with Chelsea & Villa for GW1 so for me it makes more sense to take the risk with the international break rather than take a possible 4 point hit for GW2 and/or GW3 to get a decent GW3 team.

Have to say the 2 day extension caught me on the hop, I thought it was Sat 31st and that I'd have up to 11:30 to react to any major surprises... Of which I'm not really expecting.

Think I've gotten in before some price rises over the next week too.
    I can't imagine loading the Chelsea and Villa players benefited you that much that it made it worth wasting the wildcard at an advantageous time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

63 this week which is fine, happy enough with that.

Know a lad that captained Vidic.......I was laughing beforehand!..........:pac:

Chelsea were awful tonight, no ambition at all.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Know a lad that captained Vidic.......I was laughing beforehand!..........
    And still should be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

45 for the week, disaster avoided

Did Hazard to Silva already, hopefully they don't get hammered by Hull!

I can't imagine loading the Chelsea and Villa players benefited you that much that it made it worth wasting the wildcard at an advantageous time.

I'll take my 94 points for GW1 as a success and am happy enough with the 52 from this week.
    It sure is wasted now though because it's used, we'll see if it was senseless but I'm happy I've a strong team, with back up to do well over the next 4-5 GW's.
    Any injuries or must-have transfer window signings can easily be accommodated with free transfers over GW4 & 5.
    It could be deemed sensless to assume that a particular GW will automatically be advantageous ;)

I'll take my 94 points for GW1 as a success and am happy enough with the 52 from this week.
    It sure is wasted now though because it's used, we'll see if it was senseless but I'm happy I've a strong team, with back up to do well over the next 4-5 GW's.
    Any injuries or must-have transfer window signings can easily be accommodated with free transfers over GW4 & 5.
    It could be deemed sensless to assume that a particular GW will automatically be advantageous ;)
    Why would it be deemed senseless to expect a short term aswell as a longterm benefit from the wildcard? If it doesn't benefit you the week you do it, then it should have been played later. I'm also not 100% sure that 94 points in a gameweek actually does justify using the wildcard in a week when only 1 of the big 6 has a decent fixture, before the transfer window closes and the international break.

Why would it be deemed senseless to expect a short term aswell as a longterm benefit from the wildcard? If it doesn't benefit you the week you do it, then it should have been played later. I'm also not 100% sure that 94 points in a gameweek actually does justify using the wildcard in a week when only 1 of the big 6 has a decent fixture, before the transfer window closes and the international break.

Sorry but you lost me at only 1 of the big six has a decent fixture.
    I thought we were discussing Fantasy Football.
    You might want to check out recent North London Derbies, that's a decent fixture.
    And I'd be happy with a few United or Liverpool defenders... If you allow Liverpool into the big 6

53 points. Pretty happy with that - jumped up 80k places.

Don't have any Chelsea players, or RVP so was happy just to get though tonight. Well set up for next week, definitely won't need a points hit, and may even be able to bank the transfer.

A bit unhappy with the misfiring duo of Mirallas and Countinho, but will give them another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

44 (-4) this week. Chuffed RVP stayed quiet, made the bad week a little more bearable. Terry on the bench for Turner is difficult to swallow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Made some very disappointing mistakes this week.

First off, I benched Touré in favour of Micky Turner. Not only did Toure keep a clean sheet but he decided to get a bonus point as well, because why not. Might as well kick me while I'm down. All the while Micky Turner is giving away a penalty and gets me two points. That's two weeks in a row he has decided to disappoint.

Secondly, I decided to trade out Terry for Zabaleta. While I'm sure everyone can see my logic behind it, it really screwed me over. Zab went and got one point while Terry kept a clean sheet and got 2 BP.

Then, on top of all that I dropped Lukaku at a 4 point hit. Brought in Bony who got me 1 single point.

Instead of messing with my team, if I had just dropped Lukaku and done nothing else I'd be happy out.

Advertisement