Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy Memorial Marathon and Ultras Sunday 17/11/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

I had a read of the thread from last year but just want to confirm if a few details will be the same...

Is there gonig to be a table for each distance for leaving drinks, gels etc?
    Last year's thread says there is parking on Cappa Road. Is that the one just north of the finish line?

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=cappa+road+sixmilebridge&hl=en&ll=52.741814,-8.780719&spn=0.002933,0.00802&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Cappa+Lodge,+County+Clare&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=52.741814,-8.780719&panoid=1RV0PLUzfqy1sn3KFE4s9g&cbp=12,290.9,,0,4.77

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I will post details of parking etc before the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Hi Carta, I should be able to sort something out for you, pm me your no. And I'll let you know .

You might need room in the car for the winner's trophy too. Just saying. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

i had the pleasure of running this last year,cant believe im going to miss it this year,but you will all have a great day for sure.its very well organised and tom and the local people are great and very friendly.
    and if you have a bad patch during the race just have a quick think of the reason this race is on.eddie murphy.
    never met him before but from what i have heard if we manage to be half the person he was we be all doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Itziger wrote: »
    You might need room in the car for the winner's trophy too. Just saying. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up Itziger...will get the car valeted now before the weekend !

• Advertisement

Race Number and Chip collection
    Race Nos and Chips can be collected on Sunday morning from 6.30am onwards at the Marquee in the grounds of The Bridge Complex (located across from the soccer pitch) please ensure you collect your race number and chip at least 40 min before the start time.

Race Start Time and Start Point
    Double marathon 07.00 (On Heartbreak hill alongside Primary School)
    30 Miler 11.00 (Crèche Car Park)
    Marathon 12.00 (Far end of Cappa Road opposite Beachwood grove on map)
    Half Marathon 2pm (Cappa Road)

For anyone that has been given authorization to start earlier than their race time - please ask to speak with Richie O’ Donnell or Kate Flynn at registration.

*Races will start on time please arrive in plenty of time to avoid disappointment*

Changing Rooms and Showers
    These are available at the GAA Facility on the Cappa Road (please note Sixmilebridge has 2 GAA facilities)

PARKING
    Parking is available in the GAA facility located on the Cappa Road or at the local train station; we are requesting participant's to use that facility in order to avoid any inconvenience to local residents. Please note the car park where the finish area is located will not be open for parking on the day.

AID Stations
    This is located on the start of each lap at the marquee.The Double marathon runners will have a designated Tent for gear, etc.

Race Briefing
    This takes place 15 mins before the start of each race and all participants are requested to attend. Richie O'Donnell Race director (086-2320807) will give the briefing for all races.

Physical Therapists
    Physical Therapists will be available to give massages in the Marquee to assist finishers - I suspect the double marathon participant's will be crawling in to see them after the finishing!

No Frills Marathon
    All the money raised from entry fees less race costs will be donated to Milford Hospice in Limerick. It maybe your experience at previous events that you will receive a goody bag etc however for this event we would prefer that the money raised goes to a worthy cause. However all finishers will receive a finishers medal.

Winner's Presentations
    Trophies will be presented to male & female winners of each race at 5.30 pm at the finish line.

About Eddie Murphy
    For those of us lucky enough to have known Eddie, he represented what endurance running is all about for many of us. Pushing towards new running goals, seeking to improve performances and making new friendships along the way. Eddie before his untimely death in 2011 had completed over 45 marathons.

A big thank you to Eddie's family who have been hugely supportive of the event .

On behalf of the organizers may I wish all participants’s the very best of luck on Sunday. BMOH Running Running Club is delighted to welcome runners coming from NEAR AND FAR to Sixmilebridge to take part.

Please also familiarize yourself with the attached map of the course,the location of all the amenities and the 8 main junctions to be aware of.

Parking Update
    Again the Clare County GAA Board have decided to at the last minute fix a match for Sixmilebridge on Sunday afternoon. As a consequence we are advising participants not to park near or around the GAA facility on Heartbreak Hill. Our prefered option is for people to park at the railway station which is about the same distance from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭lukeeman

can we park and get showers at the gaa pitch beside finish area, like last year

lukeeman wrote: »
    can we park and get showers at the gaa pitch beside finish area, like last year

As it stands yes but bear in mind that GAA cars may also park there during the match. We will not have any steward in the car park so we will not be able to monitor the safety of parked cars or if cars get blocked in.

any updates on whos leading the 52miler
    come on don.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Double won in 6:4x:xx.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Double won in 6:4x:xx.....

Wow!! Who won it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

menoscemo wrote: »
    Wow!! Who won it?
    Dude called padraig,afaik corky livin in boston

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Dude called padraig,afaik corky livin in boston

well done padraig:)
    im coming back next year to keep you on yout toes:D

new course record by 99 seconds,i have to come back next year now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Never in doubt! Once the Rhode Island win in the 6hr race last Sunday and the flight hadn't taken their toll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carta

Thanks lads. You're more than welcome to take it back Ray. I'll be honest I looked at the course record during the week and for some reason I thought it was 6:58 and not 6:48. I'm only after realizing that now. Nearly made an awful mistake cause I took the last 3 laps pretty handy. Great race though and thoroughly enjoyed. Your buddy Don had me running scared for a lot of the day.

Carta wrote: »
    Thanks lads. You're more than welcome to take it back Ray. I'll be honest I looked at the course record during the week and for some reason I thought it was 6:58 and not 6:48. I'm only after realizing that now. Nearly made an awful mistake cause I took the last 3 laps pretty handy. Great race though and thoroughly enjoyed. Your buddy Don had me running scared for a lot of the day.

really well done,and whats more impressive is after winning a 6hr last week and still pull that time out of the bag
    would be great to see you at a future ultra,i think we could bring the best out of each other.
    don is one hard nut for sure.
    well done again lad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

Results are up at:

redtagtiming.com

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Just over a 10 minute PB for me so delighted with it.

Faultless race, well done and thanks to the organisers and all the stewards out in the nasty weather for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

It was a brilliant race, as ever. Thank you so much to the organisers and all the marshalls. This race is becoming a classic, and for very good reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭opus

It was a brilliant race, as ever. Thank you so much to the organisers and all the marshalls. This race is becoming a classic, and for very good reasons.

Yup have to say it totally charmed me with the whole setup & of course the cause behind it. If only the rain had stayed away, it started pretty much on the dot of 11am as the 30m kicked off :rolleyes: That little hill seemed fine early on but it got very trying from lap 25 onwards for me.

I'm still in awe of a friend of mine who was first woman in the double & third over all!

Thomas I believe I spoke to you briefly in the GAA club afterwards, sorry only realised now who you were.

opus wrote: »
    Thomas I believe I spoke to you briefly in the GAA club afterwards, sorry only realised now who you were.

Yes that was me - no worries, I wasn't entirely sure if that was you either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

First time running this and is firmly down on my calendar now. Very friendly atmosphere around the whole course and am in awe of those double-marathoners who were slogging it out long before I arrived and were still at it when I finished, tough folks indeed.
    Enjoyed it all, well done to the organisers! Flawless!!

Well done Carta, nice to put a face to the name. Couldnt believe how strong you looked at the end, great running!

On behalf of the organising committee and BMOH I would like to thank all the participants. Its you that make this event unique and a fitting tribute to Eddie himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Ye did Eddie proud. A great race. I had a fantastic day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Great day again in sixmilebridge. Well done to all the organisers and stewards up there. Hamstring just about held up on the day. Real slog for a finish but very happy with 8.06 time

My usual rather late race report

Eddie Murphy 2013

ger664 wrote: »
    My usual rather late race report

Eddie Murphy 2013

Oh, so now I am responsible for your one and only bad moment of the entire day! :eek:

B*st*rd! :D

• Advertisement

Oh, so now I am responsible for your one and only bad moment of the entire day! :eek:

B*st*rd! :D

No Its because I'm slow :(

Advertisement