Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Farming Pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

It' some extra weight to be carrying. Farmer pride gone mad.

The stripped skull would look amazing though. It's a breed- Ankole-Watusi or Ankole longhorn. Was researching breeds earlier!

Largest-Bull-Horn-in-the-World7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

.Kovu. wrote: »
    The stripped skull would look amazing though. It's a breed- Ankole-Watusi or Ankole longhorn. Was researching breeds earlier!

I'd say he was in some pain growing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The Horns: Ideally, the animal's horns rise from a large base, and they taper symmetrically to a point, describing a lyre shape as they rise above the head. They may measure six to eight feet in length, giving the animal its common name. The horns serve for defense, and with a honeycombed structure and many blood vessels, they help -- almost like a radiator -- to provide a measure of thermoregulation in the animal's harsh environment. (from DesertUSA.com)

I was going to post that usually when a species grows abnormally large features, like the enormous tusks of Mammoths, or sabre tooth Tigers, then the species seems to be nearing extinction, but then I read the details about the cooling function of the horn. Was also going to comment on the owners readiness to mutilate their daughters, while letting their cattle escape de-horning, but that's probably not a discussion for Farming Chit-Chat! or Photos

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The Horns: Ideally, the animal's horns rise from a large base, and they taper symmetrically to a point, describing a lyre shape as they rise above the head. They may measure six to eight feet in length, giving the animal its common name. The horns serve for defense, and with a honeycombed structure and many blood vessels, they help -- almost like a radiator -- to provide a measure of thermoregulation in the animal's harsh environment. (from DesertUSA.com)

I was going to post that usually when a species grows abnormally large features, like the enormous tusks of Mammoths, or sabre tooth Tigers, then the species seems to be nearing extinction, but then I read the details about the cooling function of the horn. Was also going to comment on the owners readiness to mutilate their daughters, while letting their cattle escape de-horning, but that's probably not a discussion for Farming Chit-Chat! or Photos

Eh no :eek:
    Back to the funny pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

It would fairly knock to sweat out ya to skull that lad with the wire:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was in Uganda a few years ago and saw Ankole cattle there, they certainly could not be classed as a beef breed. They are slaughtered and butchered the same day as there are no cooling facilities. The friends that we visited used to freeze the meat for a week to tenderise it. Nice enough to eat :)
    Amazing to see the horns sticking out from the top of cattle trucks/trailers :eek:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankole-Watusi

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Add a small plastic tank and a bit of carpet and you could convert them to a walking weedlicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Farmer wrote: »
    Add a small plastic tank and a bit of carpet and you could convert them to a walking weedlicker.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

10372086_714653671932526_6497995215172792992_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

• Advertisement

TheBody wrote: »

Bloody story of my youth

• Registered Users Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

is that you kovu in the pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

TheBody wrote: »

Lol youst to have it parked outside school reddy to go!

whelan2 wrote: »

If it is its probably the only photo graphical evidence of her behaving herself :D

If it is its probably the only photo graphical evidence of her behaving herself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wonder how some of these would look in Leitrim!

Z7jzxW1.jpg

cpnfjuz.jpg

Probably look the same but just more RUSHES in the picture :P

Yea, looking fabulous for my age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

Wagyu ??

Now if was a Wysiwug (what you see is what you get ) I would understand what is Wagyu

Hugh 2 wrote: »
    Wagyu ??

Now if was a Wysiwug (what you see is what you get ) I would understand what is Wagyu
    http://www.buedelmeatup.com/2012/12/04/the-difference-between-kobe-and-wagyu-beef/ Wagyu beef is intensely marbled with softer fat, has higher percentages of monounsaturated fats, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and is lower in cholesterol than commodity beef. The combinations of these fats deliver a distinctive rich and tender flavor compared to other beef.

However, most people refer to it as Kobe beef, which is incorrect. Only beef that is reared in Kobe; city in Japan and the capital city of the Hyōgo Prefecture can be termed 'Authentic Kobe'

Otherwise-

Wa Japanese or Japanese Style

Gyu The Japanese word for a Cow or Cattle

Wagyu Japanese or Japanese Style Cattle.

Now I need to warn myself for being off topic :pac::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

However, most people refer to it as Kobe beef, which is incorrect. Only beef that is reared in Kobe; city in Japan and the capital city of the Hyōgo Prefecture can be termed 'Authentic Kobe'

Otherwise-

Wa Japanese or Japanese Style

Gyu The Japanese word for a Cow or Cattle

Wagyu Japanese or Japanese Style Cattle.

Now I need to warn myself for being off topic :pac::o

"And still they gaz'd and still the wonder grew,
    That one small head could carry all she knew."

"And still they gaz'd and still the wonder grew,
    That one small head could carry all she knew."

I am so smrt. Smrt. I mean smart.

(Google helps me)

Nyu7gR8.gif

:D

10390005_588021721304710_548264111086692434_n.jpg?oh=0af8c74916fcad7eb974ee1e8d6abd5e&oe=53E89C42&__gda__=1408281672_78dcbb2ab6fed412a56ec07c030412a0

579569_423073594388766_1573051963_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

10390170_594796457293903_328350272266650264_n.jpg

I remember a few years ago this popped up in chit chat, I think it belongs here now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

I remember a few years ago this popped up in chit chat, I think it belongs here now!:D

"Welcome to Roscommon!"

• Advertisement

10409716_731421080255785_4299014239316526721_n.jpg

Advertisement