Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding and returning things

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

It wasn't something of huge cash value but it was obviously important to the person for work: one Saturday I found a work diary on the street with lots of contacts and reminders etc in it.
    Sent her two texts over the weekend, no reply.
    She rang me the Monday morning really early, I missed her call as I was still asleep, so she left a message - not a word of thanks from her, just a very matter-of-fact few words about organising to meet up. I phoned her back and she was still really standoffish on the call. All the times she suggested meeting up clashed with my work hours so it was agreed we'd meet the following Saturday, but I passed her workplace a couple of days before that so just dropped the diary into the letter box with a note stuck on it for her and I dropped her a text to let her know.

Not a solitary word of thanks or acknowledgement from her. Rude auld bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I work in a nightclub and we're not supposed to touch any phones handed in. We're supposed to put them in the lost and found locker and if someone comes in for them, they come in. But we're not supposed to actively seek out the owner (by calling "home") or answer the phones.

I always answer them though. I suppose I could get in trouble for it, but its pretty obvious when the same number is ringing the phone for an hour straight, its obviously the desperate owner trying to locate the phone, so I'll answer it and tell them its in the club.

A shocking amount of phones are never reported missing or sought the next day. I suppose most of our customers are drunk and wouldn't know if they lost it before, during or after the club, but you'd think they'd check anyway!

There are about 40-50 smartphones in the locker right now that no one has come looking for. Its crazy.

How come you can't seek out the owner? that's so strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

How come you can't seek out the owner? that's so strange!

Its not nightclub property, invasion of privacy, etc. Of course if someone comes up looking for it, we're allowed it give it back. But we're not allowed call "home" from it or answer any calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Found a black wallet on the footpath a few weeks ago, still with cards and a fiver inside! so I took it to the Police station and handed it in, they then asked me if I wanted to give my details in case the owner wanted to thank me, I declined, but I certainly felt that I had done my good deed for the day :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

fathead82 wrote: »
    When I was in college,I found a lost dog dodging traffic on the roundabout.I rang the number on his collar & the woman told me she had no car & couldnt walk up cos it was raining & she was minding 2 small children.
    I walked a mile & a half in heavy rain holding onto the dogs collar,got to her door soaking wet & aching from walking bent over holding onto the dog,she said "thats him alright,will you put him in the side gate & close it",she didnt even say thanks.
    Thought I was doing the dog a favor but after meeting the owner I understand why he bailed out.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/754/happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement