Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

When you say great for going to sleep

Would they put you to sleep, or just a better quality of sleep?

I find it relaxes me and helps me drift off.

they dont mess you up, just takes the edge off.

if you are a heavy thinker at night lying in bed, these defo work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

mrmorgan wrote: »
    you can do it many ways,

i take the jellies, great for going to sleep.

you can also smoke it

Sounds interesting but if I was to be taking regularly I wouldnt want to be introducing either more sugar or smoking into my lifestyle.

I have ordered the oil from one of the sites mentioned on here.

I actually did some research and found a good list of best recommended UK sites to order from but the top recommendation is an Israeli company, so I didnt want to be supporting them for obvious reasons, and then the second one tried to charge me 10 pound sterling for postage of a 10ml bottle!

So I went back to buying from the an ie link in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

The new ryanair baggage rules from Nov.

Am i reading this right. The priority 10kg cabin bag allowed on is now size restricted to 42 x 20 x 30 cm?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

aidz wrote: »
    The new ryanair baggage rules from Nov.

Am i reading this right. The priority 10kg cabin bag allowed on is now size restricted to 42 x 20 x 30 cm?

No you’re not reading it right, that’s the dimensions for the personal item to be stowed under the seat in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

So I was booking a flight on Friday and only saw the new policy.

I always buy Priority boarding anyway so I'm not bothered, but they offered me Priority (with cabin bag + small bag) for €6, or I can have my cabin bag in hold for €8 without priority.

I don't like this at all. The old system was brilliant. There weren't that many cabin bags on board, so the boarding was much faster, nobody was desperately trying to find a space for their bag.

Now priority is cheaper than the cabin baggage going into hold, so everyone will be buying that.

I my opinion it cancels the whole point of priority boarding - obviously everyone will be going for the cheaper option, so the majority of people will be in the priority queue, bringing their bags on board.

I'm not happy you guys.

• Advertisement

So I was booking a flight on Friday and only saw the new policy.

I always buy Priority boarding anyway so I'm not bothered, but they offered me Priority (with cabin bag + small bag) for €6, or I can have my cabin bag in hold for €8 without priority.

I don't like this at all. The old system was brilliant. There weren't that many cabin bags on board, so the boarding was much faster, nobody was desperately trying to find a space for their bag.

Now priority is cheaper than the cabin baggage going into hold, so everyone will be buying that.

I my opinion it cancels the whole point of priority boarding - obviously everyone will be going for the cheaper option, so the majority of people will be in the priority queue, bringing their bags on board.

I'm not happy you guys.

I agree, but they were having problems with people ripping the yellow tags off their bags and this way they avoid that problem and it’s more revenue, basically there’s no way to now fly with Ryanair with a case or decent bag without paying

Locker10a wrote: »
    I agree, but they were having problems with people ripping the yellow tags off their bags and this way they avoid that problem and it’s more revenue, basically there’s no way to now fly with Ryanair with a case or decent bag without paying

Oh well. Back to the old days. There goes me feeling posh because I could afford the priority queue and could bring a case onboard. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>

I'm not happy you guys.
    it'll be limited at 90 or so priority customers, equivalent to the number of bags that can be stashed overhead, so the majority of people (just about) will still be travelling non priority.

If people werent so selfish / tight @rsed and ripped off the yellow tags, then this move wouldnt have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

it'll be limited at 90 or so priority customers, equivalent to the number of bags that can be stashed overhead, so the majority of people (just about) will still be travelling non priority.

Basically Ryanair are now ensuring that 90 people pay for priority on every flight and everyone else has to put bag in hold via check in

half of the plane will be in the "priority" lane!!

If people werent so selfish / tight @rsed and ripped off the yellow tags, then this move wouldnt have happened.

I didn't even know they did that, or what yellow tags you're talking about. Is it some tag they put on a baggage that's supposed to go to hold?

If so, wouldn't it be easier to just give the yellow tag to people who can take it on board?

Probably not, I'm not trying to argue. All I know about flying comes from flying with Ryanair and Aer Lingus few times a year, so I suppose they thought it through (or maybe not? :D)

At least the number of priority boardings sold will be limited, so I can not only feel posh, but I can also feel like a winner who bought something on time. Life is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Yep good luck with it.
    I won't be stopping taking it any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

From Nov 1st, you will no longer be able to bring small cabin bag along with 10kg bag on to the plane unless you purchase priority boarding. Everyone else will have to put their 10kg bag in hold. What happens to any liquids you may have if this bag is taken off you at the gate rather than check in? I.e if it is taken off you at gate, this means your liquids won't make it through security, even though your bag is going in the hold. Or have I got it arse over tit?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Liquids are taken off you by security at the airport, not the airline.

So if you book a check-in 10kg bag in advance, you can put what you like in it (subject to T&C's), it's checked in before you hit security, happy days.

If you bring a 10kg bag along to the gate, you won't get any liquids etc over 100ml through security, and if you haven't booked priority boarding you'll be charged a whack of money (not sure how much), and that bag will go into the hold.

If you've booked priority boarding, you can bring your 10kg bag on board, but you won't have got any liquids over 100mls through security.

That's my understanding of it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

disco1 wrote: »
    Yep good luck with it.
    I won't be stopping taking it any time soon

Im curious to see if it helps me, not just for the inflammation, but I can suffer from anxiety at times too.

I do sleep really well so not expecting to see much of a difference there.

How long were you taking it to notice a difference?

I didn't even know they did that, or what yellow tags you're talking about. Is it some tag they put on a baggage that's supposed to go to hold?

If so, wouldn't it be easier to just give the yellow tag to people who can take it on board?

Probably not, I'm not trying to argue. All I know about flying comes from flying with Ryanair and Aer Lingus few times a year, so I suppose they thought it through (or maybe not? :D)

At least the number of priority boardings sold will be limited, so I can not only feel posh, but I can also feel like a winner who bought something on time. Life is good.

On busy flights, the gate staff walk along the queue and count the first x number of bags. after that they put a yellow tag on the bag and it has to be left in the luggage cart by the steps to the plane and go in to the hold.

People rip them off as soon as they get past the desk and take them on board with them.

Aegir wrote: »
    On busy flights, the gate staff walk along the queue and count the first x number of bags. after that they put a yellow tag on the bag and it has to be left in the luggage cart by the steps to the plane and go in to the hold.

People rip them off as soon as they get past the desk and take them on board with them.

Idiots.

Idiots.

Selfish idiots i would say.

And that’s why the new charges were brought in. Now, unless you pay for priority boarding, you pay extra for your bag to be checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

You know....that's kinda ingenious. And I'm not being smart....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

flexcon wrote: »
    You know....that's kinda ingenious. And I'm not being smart....
    on transavia, bags allowed to be carried on board get a green tag, the rest (to be handed in at the steps) a red tag.
    Ryanair should have done something like this so that every bag has some class of a tag rather than "tagless" meaning bring on board.

• Advertisement

on transavia, bags allowed to be carried on board get a green tag, the rest (to be handed in at the steps) a red tag.
    Ryanair should have done something like this so that every bag has some class of a tag rather than "tagless" meaning bring on board.

Or why wouldn't they just take the bags at check-in desks where they normally take luggage? It would be easier for the passengers since they wouldn't have to drag their luggage through security checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I saw people do this but then get challenged as they entered plane as their boarding pass was also marked

however, the number of people using digital boarding pass has now meant that is no longer a check

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭cobham

I note the one small bag size is increased to 40x20x25 so 20 litres. I am struggling to find a bag that size with wheels. Any suggestions? I shall be resurrecting my coat of many pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

[HTML][/HTML]
    cobham wrote: »
    I note the one small bag size is increased to 40x20x25 so 20 litres. I am struggling to find a bag that size with wheels. Any suggestions? I shall be resurrecting my coat of many pockets.
    Buy one of those toy wheelie bags that kids carry on to planes so they feel like their parents.
    Small bag size which won't be taken off you is what fits in the sizing cage and that is 25 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭cobham

I was thinking of how strictly enforced it will be. The crates will have to be altered? I suppose a soft bag of larger dimensions would work if it could be squashed under the seat in front. I dont want to be parted from my 'stuff' and begrudge carrying bag around airport with maybe airside purchases. It would be nice to have mini supermarket type trollies that I have seen in other airports. Especially in winter with added coat, scarf etc. I have mile to walk at either end of regular trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Yep, you're right. Got on to ryanair today. They won't accept a 10kg bag at the check in desk even though it will go into the hold at the gate anyway. you have to bring it through security. Ryanair's way of squeezing every last cent I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

There’s nothing to stop you putting your 100ml or less liquids in your smaller bag that you’re still allowed to bring in the cabin free.

cobham wrote: »
    I was thinking of how strictly enforced it will be. The crates will have to be altered? I suppose a soft bag of larger dimensions would work if it could be squashed under the seat in front. I dont want to be parted from my 'stuff' and begrudge carrying bag around airport with maybe airside purchases. It would be nice to have mini supermarket type trollies that I have seen in other airports. Especially in winter with added coat, scarf etc. I have mile to walk at either end of regular trips.

If you don’t want to be parted from your stuff you have to add priority

Or why wouldn't they just take the bags at check-in desks where they normally take luggage? It would be easier for the passengers since they wouldn't have to drag their luggage through security checks.

I believe that the airports charge the airlines for each checked bag.

• Advertisement

I believe that the airports charge the airlines for each checked bag.

Right. That would make sense. :)

Advertisement