Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Songs From the Past-80s,90s etc....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Padre101

The Chicken Song (c. 1986?)

Hold a chicken in the air, stick a deck chair up your nose,
    Fly a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes...

...and though you hate this song, you'll be humming it for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Padre101 wrote: »

that song is hilarious and in no way awful. Of its time perhaps, but not awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

This piece of sheitee here!!!

If you could catch syphilis in your ears this would be the durty thing that gave it to ya....

Bassboxxx wrote: »

This piece of sheitee here!!!

If you could catch syphilis in your ears this would be the durty thing that gave it to ya....

i'll be humming that for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Oh that reminds me when I was about 6 and went to this children's disco. It was 6-12 year olds.

This boy that was about 7 came up to me and asked me to dance with him to a slow song. I nearly died because I was just there to play chasing with my cousin. I was thinking "I'm not dancing at a disco". I said "eh sorry no" and ran off.

At one stage they played The Chicken Song. I'd never heard it but all the kids knew the dance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

B side was better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Heard that tripe "It's Oh So Quiet" by Börjk on the radio the other day and I immediately remembered how annoying it was when it first came out.Still every bit as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Disco Duck /end of thread

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭guitarmagic

Is it easier to find bad songs from the 80s than the 70s?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭guitarmagic

I would believe so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For sheer creepiness alone: CLAIR, by Gilbert O'Sullivan
    He want's to marry a girl despite their age differences, sounds creepy.

creepy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I apologise in advance.

The Legendary Stardust Cowboy with My underwear froze to the clothes line.

So sorry.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

You should try the 50s/60s! This 1960 Eddie Cochran number, for instance, was a prime candidate for my Sack the Songwriter compilation (never did a singer brave such c**p lyrics so valiantly).
    https://youtu.be/1a9FyPZDQMA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

What makes this even worse is that it kept 'Vienna' by Ultravox off the Number 1 spot in the charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

vektarman wrote: »
    What makes this even worse is that it kept 'Vienna' by Ultravox off the Number 1 spot in the charts.

Ah Shaddap Your Face is a classic :)

I don't trust anyone who doesn't like that song :pac:

vektarman wrote: »

30 years later and i can still remember the lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Legendary Stardust Cowboy
    Bowie was a fan, talked about it on Jools Holland. The Ziggy Stardust name came from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bluuuuuuuurggghhh!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Already posted on the "never want to hear again" thread, but these two deserve their place here too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Already posted on the "never want to hear again" thread, but these two deserve their place here too.

At the time that Cest La Vie song came out I was talking to a guy I knew who said he was in the gym when the video for it came on the TV screen, he says he had to stop as it was making him feel physically sick with the constant morphing effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Babybird - You're Gorgeous ('96)
    Ronan Keating - Life is a Rollercoaster ('00)

Cringe factor high on these for me.

Lucifer31 wrote: »
    Babybird - You're Gorgeous ('96)

I think it's alright. My mother bought that on single when it first came out. It had 4 songs and the second one was a slightly different version of it called, Youre Gorgeous Too and it's a lovely take on the song. It's almost like a completely different song. Can't post it because I've never been able to find the version online. Glad I still have the CD and it's on my iPod :)

darkdubh wrote: »
    At the time that Cest La Vie song came out I was talking to a guy I knew who said he was in the gym when the video for it came on the TV screen, he says he had to stop as it was making him feel physically sick with the constant morphing effects.

The song is awful enough.
    But that thing she does with her voice at the start of every line she sings,I dunno what to call it even or how to describe it,apart from a "hiccup" sound, makes me wanna fcukin smash something.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Cathal feckin Dunne and Happy Man from the 1979 Eurovision. I vaguely remember another one he did shortly after called Bad Boy then he disappeared after though I think he made a comeback doing fitness videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I think it's alright. My mother bought that on single when it first came out. It had 4 songs and the second one was a slightly different version of it called, Youre Gorgeous Too and it's a lovely take on the song. It's almost like a completely different song. Can't post it because I've never been able to find the version online. Glad I still have the CD and it's on my iPod :)
    Though not a big fan I am shocked to see it mentioned alongside ronan keating & bewitched! absolutely not in the same league (with the devil)

This seems to be the one you are after

Or at 3.44 here, think its the same

Forced myself to look at that bewitched video, they do a dance move similar to beyonce in single ladies.

giphy.gif

Which I found out a few years ago that beyonce admitted was (ahem) inspired by a Bob Fosse routine.

Michael Jackson was also (ahem, cough, cough, splutter, spit up a nasty) "inspired" by Fosse. The Fosse clips are from a 1974 film

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

rubadub wrote: »
    Though not a big fan I am shocked to see it mentioned alongside ronan keating & bewitched! absolutely not in the same league (with the devil)

This seems to be the one you are after

Or at 3.44 here, think its the same

Thanks rubadub but no I've found those versions before and they are the same by name but not the same one that's on the single I have. The one I have on the single doesn't sound live so it's not like it's some unique live recording either. Just a one off that was in the single I suppose.

I agree I wouldn't put the original on the same scale as bewitched or anything like that. Plus the lyrics are good and fun in Youre Gorgeous. :)

Remember this absolute tripe??
    Even The Cheeky Girls had more hits than these two fools.

I'm sure we all remember this. The lady in question has entered the competition to represent denmark at this years eurovision

• Advertisement

This monstrosity must have been mentioned before! I remember seeing this on tv when I was about 12/13 and looked over at my brother and we both couldnt stop laughing :/ :pac:

Advertisement