Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What site and why you play there

Options
  • 17-08-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭

Just an idea to put it out there.

What sites do you play at and why?

Please only name the site (no links please) and what you like and dislike about them.

This not a thread to burn or say this site is s***e because of A,B,C.

The floor is yours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Name: Redbarn
    Like: it has open field and forest which I like. The courtyard often has some great battles and all the buildings are well put together. All game types are well constructed and the rules are very fair and the marshalls all do a very professional job.
    Dislikes:I wish the forest had coniferous trees instead of deciduous trees but that's just me being picky.....nothing you can do about it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

site: tigerland
    dislikes: only open once a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Name: Redbarn

Likes: no messing allowed by the strict but fair marshals.
    Good game scenarios
    Good bunch of regulars
    Open and close quarter battles to suit all

Dislikes: can be very muddy at times, ie suck your boots off
    Can be "too big a site" if the numbers aren't playing, I.e. walking around for a while looking for the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Is there anything unique thats not been seen here in ireland yet that people want to see?

After 2 years off im seeing whats out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

andy_g wrote: »
    Is there anything unique thats not been seen here in ireland yet that people want to see?

After 2 years off im seeing whats out there.

Just go out and tour the sites. Unusual and unique is usually at the expense of how it's run. Also in my experience what people think of a particular site can be (and often is) completely irrelevant; you have a different mindset to many others and as such your concepts of 'good', 'enjoyable' etc vary wildly - a huge negative for you could quite easily be a positive for someone else, and vice versa. Hence why I'd say just tour the sites until you find a new watering hole :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

REDHILLS
    Great site no matter how many people are there on the day.It has the open battle field as well as close combat in the courtyard/buildings.
    Its a well run site and a great marshaled site.U always get a great days gaming there.They have also started doing night games every few weeks which i believe are going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Tigerland Airsoft Club
    Great woodland site with fantastically honourable regulars, brilliant games, the whole ethos of the place is what keeps bringing me back again because not taking hits is not tolerated as much as people roaring "take your f#×king hits", at the end of the day airsoft is meant to be fun, social, honourable & healthy.
    The only down side of Tigerland is at times it can struggle for numbers but still that doesnt take away from the enjoyment when they are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

LAC,

Reasons why I like it:

Closest site to me.
    1. Nice bunch of fellas running it.
    2. Nice bunch of people go to it.
    3. Good variety of games.
    4. Papa johns pizza half way through the day :).
    5. Great laughs to be had, every time I have been there I left saying "what a great day".

Reason why I don't like it, lighthearted.

1. The donkeys (actual ones, not slang for people) that refuse to move from the main entrance gate when I drive in :).
    2. Gets incredibly muddy at times, but look what place does not?.
    3. Needs more marshals, might just not be feasible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

2. Gets incredibly muddy at times, but look what place does not?.

The hive in tallagh, it's in doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

The Hive,

Likes: it's a tight,fast paced,hard fighting site. There are no politics marshalls are strict but fair great bunch of lads running it some great games and everytime I go there's something new. Nothing else like it around. Oh and no bang kills stops all the moaning.
    Dislikes: the heat oh god the heat.

Fingal Airsoft,

Likes: another great site. Always offers up some great days gaming. Well run site with lots of cover and open ground alike. Always has events on for everyone to go and play. forever changing and some of the better outdoor games around I feel. No nonsence taking from owner or marshals.

Dislikes: that bloody hill will kill me one day:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Fingal airsoft:

Likes the constant way the site changes and run by a great bunch of guys. Adding them bridges really improved the site.

Dislikes all that dam mud, bus sure you get that every where....

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

At this moment in time, there are no sites in Ireland that I wouldn't play, there was some but they have closed. There are a few that I didn't play and I regret but in fairness all sites out there now have their own merits. I particularly like The Asylum, The Manor, RedBarn, The Hive and Belurgan. I have yet to play Fingal and Tigerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Name: Rebel Airsoft
    Like: It's nearby, the site is large with several terrains (light/medium forest, thick forest, open) as well as several camps, towers and a small "village". The marshals and regulars are absolutely sound. Prices are good. Varied game types.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Name: Rebel Airsoft
    Like: It's nearby, the site is large with several terrains (light/medium forest, thick forest, open) as well as several camps, towers and a small "village". The marshals and regulars are absolutely sound. Prices are good. Varied game types.

X2^. Grand site to play on with over 100 acres of woodland apparently, though you dont use the most of it really as some of it really is too thick to walk through. Plenty of it is perfect though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Played at Blackridge Airsoft, in Bunclody Co. Wexford.

Fantastic forestry site and absolutely huge.
    loving the shallow rivers you can run trough, and bridges over the bigger ones...
    not liking the overly thick undergrowth in some places but I know the lads are cutting more of it back by the day.

Looking forward go doing back there. Fantastic bunch of lads running the place...

Gona be my fav site I think now, so many different play ares and potential.
    I took some photos ill post a few up later...

Advertisement