Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with blueface and ATA settings

Options
  • 17-08-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

My phone has lost the blueface connection - no dial tone (just static). Blueface says my ATA is receiving a connection and its the phone to try another. I did and its the same thing.

I reset the ATA to factory settings forgetting I need the setup details. Is my username and password the same as what I use for my account on their website? And is the proxy sip.blueface.ie?

Can anyone help me since they are closed until Monday. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

RumMonkey wrote: »
    My phone has lost the blueface connection - no dial tone (just static). Blueface says my ATA is receiving a connection and its the phone to try another. I did and its the same thing.

I reset the ATA to factory settings forgetting I need the setup details. Is my username and password the same as what I use for my account on their website? And is the proxy sip.blueface.ie?

Can anyone help me since they are closed until Monday. Thanks.

No dial tone means that it isn't registering with Blueface.

Go to the control panel, click on Toolbox, then SIP and click the edit icon beside the sip account. The ata username and password is there. Copy and paste this into the ATA administration page. The SIP proxy is sip.blueface.ie, but you can also use cust.ie.blueface.com.

If its a linksys ata, here are some screenshots that may help you

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Thanks Mr G. Blueface sent me my username and new password to place in the Line 1 area. But still no dial tone. Didn't give info for the settings tab. I tried the example you linked to but no luck.

From Blueface:

Use this credentials:

SIP username: xxxxxx
    SIP password: xxxxxx
    SIP proxy/registrar: cust.ie.blueface.com

Registration time: 112 seconds

This should do the trick, leave the rest of the settings as they are in their defaults.

Can you post a screenshot of the main status page? (Press Print Screen, go to Paint or similar and then right click & paste, remember to blank out your username/ip address etc private credentials using the rubber).

Also have you tried using sip.blueface.ie instead of cust.ie.blueface.com?

Yes, tried both addresses. Rep then told me to turn of modem and ATA. Then turn on moden then ATA. Still no dial tone.

I can't access the linksys interface to get screenshots using the IP 192.168.0.xxx

I used the phone to verify I had the right IP address and suddenly its changed to 79.97.68.xxx.

Has UPC done something?

What ata are you using?

• Advertisement

Linksys pap2

Linksys pap2
    1. Dial **** and enter 73738# (factory reset)
    2. Press 1 to confirm and hangup
    3. Reboot the ata and wait 60 seconds
    4. Dial **** and enter 110#
    5. You will hear the ip address of the ata being called out (usually something like 192.168.0.x)- enter this in your web browser
    6. Click Admin Login
    7. Under Line 1, enter the following:
      Proxy: sip.blueface.ie
      Username
      Password
      Use Auth ID: Yes
      Auth ID (same as Username)

Scroll down and set Preferred Codec to G711u)

Then click Save Settings.

Doing the above will factory reset and reconfigure the device. You should see the Line 1 light on the pap2t light green, do you get a dial tone now?

Thanks, I can try this again tonite.

I actually did a reset a few days ago and then entered the username and password. Originally the IP was 168.xxx but then Blueface told me to turn the modem and ATA off, then on again. It is then that the IP became 79.xxx

No Luck. Blueface told me to take the ATA to my friend's house (who also uses BLueface) and see if it works there.

A9E7E34D1AE846959338B7DBD33F56A3-0000366487-0003348378-00800L-73566E8E0C62485D82B0FF1B3295F9F8.jpg

At least you can get onto the configuration. Can you take a screenshot of the Info and Line 1 (blurring out config) tab and I might be able to see where you're going wrong?

Also have you confirmed you used the correct username and password and that you have tried using User ID set to yes with the User ID set the same as Username?

Try setting the port to 5061, as 5060 might be blocked by your ISP

It shouldn't be hard to get this going at all.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I can try this again tonite.

I actually did a reset a few days ago and then entered the username and password. Originally the IP was 168.xxx but then Blueface told me to turn the modem and ATA off, then on again. It is then that the IP became 79.xxx

I don't know why that would happen, unless you have port forwarding setup to that router. 192.168.xxx.xxx are internal ips usually, 79.xxx.xxx.xxx are external.

You shouldn't have port forwarding to the ata.

How did you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I really should start a new thread but maybe you can help Mr.G. I have a blueface account and can log into the web page. My Linksys ATA died a number of months ago. I recently got my Eircom supplied F1000 router unlocked and I would like to get my blueface account up and running again by connecting to the voip port on the router. Would you be able to help me configure the router please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Yep I have the voip menu available but cannot for the life of me get the phone to connect. Blueface were very unhelpful to say the least. I bought the ATA from smart telecom years ago and when they went bust I went to blueface. At the time I just rang them and a very helpful girl talked me through setting up the ATA with them. No such luck this time all they keep trying to do is sell me a phone... a very overpriced phone at that.

yuloni wrote: »

Many thanks for the screen shots but still no joy. The blueface website is dire and I can't find my account number anywhere:mad::mad: I have my voip number entered as my account number which is obviously wrong. I'll try their (non) help line again tomorrow.

I can access the control panel on the blue face site but can't find my account number. I managed to get my account number from support eventually but still no joy. According to the customer portal my password is xxxx but I use a different password to actually log into the customer portal. Which password do I use on the user interface in the router.... Me head is wrecked tbh.

• Advertisement

Thanks yuloni for sticking with me on this one. Yes, my portal looks like that and that's the user name and password I entered in the router page. I got my customer number from a support guy via email which is a 9 digit number, I've cust.ie.blueface.com entered in all the boxes as I was told by an extremely unhelpful girl on their "support" line, all she wanted me to do was buy a phone or get me to ring Eircom :confused:. The same girl told me my customer number was completely different, it was a combination of my name and 5 digits!!! How bloody hard can it be? Maybe you can help because it's getting ridiculous at this stage...

jca wrote: »
    Thanks yuloni for sticking with me on this one. Yes, my portal looks like that and that's the user name and password I entered in the router page. I got my customer number from a support guy via email which is a 9 digit number, I've cust.ie.blueface.com entered in all the boxes as I was told by an extremely unhelpful girl on their "support" line, all she wanted me to do was buy a phone or get me to ring Eircom :confused:. The same girl told me my customer number was completely different, it was a combination of my name and 5 digits!!! How bloody hard can it be? Maybe you can help because it's getting ridiculous at this stage...

The username and password you specify in the router is the same as that on the toolbox as shown above. It would generally be a random password.
    Customer number is for billing AFAIK. Try cust.ie.blueface.ie as the SIP server, and the usrtname and password in the sip accounts section, with port 5060

I'm still not getting anywhere with this guys. On the SIP account tab, what do I enter for "SIP account No."?
    I regenerated a new password and have my user name and new password in the required fields.

In the SIP service provider tab I put Blueface in the first column and cust.ie.blueface.com in the other three columns. Outbound proxy is cust.ie.blueface.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

jca wrote: »
    I'm still not getting anywhere with this guys. On the SIP account tab, what do I enter for "SIP account No."?
    I regenerated a new password and have my user name and new password in the required fields.

In the SIP service provider tab I put Blueface in the first column and cust.ie.blueface.com in the other three columns. Outbound proxy is cust.ie.blueface.com

You need to enter the SIP user name that should be the same as you have on on the Autentication Username, password is the password you generated in Blueface make sure you enter it correctly careful with 0 and O, 1 and I etc, also they case sensitive.

Tip: I 1st type the password in notepad and triple check it's correctly and not missing any characters or letter, after copy and paste to the password field.

Hi yuloni does blueface work for you through the F1000 router? If so what exactly did you enter into the config pages in the router. Help please as it's driving me nuts. I thought it would be a simple email to blueface support and I would be up and running in minutes:(:(:(

Could you post a screenshot of your current configuration?

Mr. G wrote: »
    Could you post a screenshot of your current configuration?

I'm giving it a break for a few days before I break something..... Will post a few screen shots when I'm calmed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Did you ever get this working JCA?

I recently signed up to Blueface and decided to configure my own ATA. I found this thread and followed the instructions but found they didn't work for me.

I had an ATA that Blueface provided with a residential package back when they did residential. I logged into that ATA and copied the settings from there which worked. The only settings I need to change were:

Username and Password from the call management section
    SIP server: sip.blueface.ie
    Registration duration: 113

The main thing that got me is the constant mention of cust.ie.blueface.ie or cust.ie.blueface.com as the SIP server address which is incorrect as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote: »
    Did you ever get this working JCA?

I recently signed up to Blueface and decided to configure my own ATA. I found this thread and followed the instructions but found they didn't work for me.

I had an ATA that Blueface provided with a residential package back when they did residential. I logged into that ATA and copied the settings from there which worked. The only settings I need to change were:

Username and Password from the call management section
    SIP server: sip.blueface.ie
    Registration duration: 113

The main thing that got me is the constant mention of cust.ie.blueface.ie or cust.ie.blueface.com as the SIP server address which is incorrect as far as I can tell.

I gave up on it but I'll give it another try using your settings and see how it goes.

Advertisement