Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Video] Fight in Newbridge - Ran Over with Van

• 17-08-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Fight in Newbridge the other night. People in the comments saying there's a traveler wedding in the area over the weekend.

Make of it what you will.

Whoever drove the white transit should be charged with attempted murder.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thread about it in the Kildare Forum afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

the thread on this got locked the other night. You cannot speak ill of criminal travellers here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Another one, Jasus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

It's their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Have Pavee Point come out with any statement about this incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Boombastic wrote: »
    Have Pavee Point come out with any statement about this incident?

Why not contact Pavee Point yourself , that way you'd get their opinion rather than asking in AH .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Its dezcrimnatin agenst the trabellin cumunity.

mattjack wrote: »
    Why not contact Pavee Point yourself , that way you'd get their opinion rather than asking in AH .

Good Idea, I will bang them off an email now. I just though it might have been reported and picked up by someone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Good Idea, I will bang them off an email now. I just though it might have been reported and picked up by someone here.

Well since thay have consistantly condemed criminality of any sort I can guess what their response will be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Great bunch of lads

Well since thay have consistantly condemed criminality of any sort I can guess what their response will be.

They might talk the talk but do they walk the walk?

You accusing Pavee Point of orchastrating violence, or just venting you spleen against an easy target?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

Was that Blackie Connors driving

You accusing Pavee Point of orchastrating violence, or just venting you spleen against an easy target?:rolleyes:

Where did I say they are orchestrating violence?

They may condemn the violence in the media but what actual steps are they taking to stop it?

Will they help the Gardai identify those involved?

Did they give the Gardai a heads-up their was a big event in town, where tensions may rise and to have extra resources at the ready?

etc.. This isn't the first time feuds have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Ah sure that's just the travellers way of welcoming someone new into the family..... I swear boss....

Where did I say they are orchestrating violence?

They may condemn the violence in the media but what actual steps are they taking to stop it? It is not their role to stop violence as you well know

Will they help the Gardai identify those involved? Do you have evidence that they KNOW who did what to whom and when?

Did they give the Gardai a heads-up their was a big event in town, where tensions may rise and to have extra resources at the ready? What on earth makes you think they even knew such an event was taking place?:confused:

etc.. This isn't the first time feuds have happened.
    You are obviously sadly lacking in what the role and purpose of PP is!
    But sure belt with your spoting if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

EyeSight wrote: »
    the thread on this got locked the other night. You cannot speak ill of criminal travellers here

As the left says you can't judge all by the actions of a few and I have not met every single one.
    However every single one I have had the misfortune to meet has been a total scummer.

You are obviously sadly lacking in what the role and purpose of PP is!
    But sure belt with your spoting if it makes you feel better.

Ok

It's their culture, nothing to see here, I'll move along while you continue to defend the indefensible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

damaged in transit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

SamHall wrote: »
    damaged in transit

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

These guys are giving Pavee Point a lot of work this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Who are these Pavee point you speak of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Charlie Babbitt

Fight needs a soundtrack.

Press play on both vids here and watch it again:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I pressed play and the little add on the bottom of the video was for driving lessons in Kildare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Who are these Pavee point you speak of

Pavee Point (PP) is a government-funded non-governmental organization based in Dublin, Ireland that was formed to improve the human rights of Irish Travellers and to bridge the economic and social inequalities between Travellers and settled people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where were/are the Gardai in all of this? I'm pretty sure if I tried to run someone down with my car in front of witnesses and video(both personal and no doubt CCTV) I'd be arrested in double quick time and marched away.

There does seem to be an vibe of untouchable regarding some elements of society. TBH I don't blame the Gardai for this. Scant resources and getting scanter. Even if they try to affect an arrest it could get ugly really quickly with mates and family of the perp. Then if they do arrest and charge them, unless they lock em up they'll just disappear like smoke. No fixed abode being handy that way. Some have literally become outlaws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Be the holy lord lampin mother of jaysus tonight.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Pavee Point (PP) is a government-funded non-governmental organization based in Dublin, Ireland that was formed to improve the human rights of Irish Travellers and to bridge the economic and social inequalities between Travellers and settled people.

The work of Pavee Point is based on two key premises:

Real improvement in Travellers' living circumstances and social situation requires the active involvement of Travellers themselves.

Non-Travellers have a responsibility to address the various process which serve to exclude Travellers from participating as equals in society.

Ok

It's their culture, nothing to see here, I'll move along while you continue to defend the indefensible

The only thing I have defended is PP, who have never claimed or asked to be held responsible for the behaviour of others.
    Show me where I defended the criminal or anti social behaviour of any group?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

The work of Pavee Point is based on two key premises:

Real improvement in Travellers' living circumstances and social situation requires the active involvement of Travellers themselves.

When the first quote is dealt with is when I might entertain the second one.
    Non-Travellers have a responsibility to address the various process which serve to exclude Travellers from participating as equals in society.