Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Zombie Apocalypse inevitable?

Options
  • 16-08-2013 3:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

And how best we prepare for it? I'm stockpiling things as we speak.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Its the fluoride in the water! It's making me hungry for brains....and cleaner teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm OK. I plan to be a zombie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

If it does happen it wont be anything like the movies. Everyone will get infected, go crazy and die. Those that survive the infection will starve to death, be killed by the crazies or kill themselves due to lack of internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Itchy. 4. Tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Play through The Last of Us in perpetration. Few molotovs, be grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

No, it's a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the smart-phone zombies are already upon us, luckily they don't seem to be as dangerous as regular zombies (as long as they have their screen in front of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Judgement Day, Sometimes I hope it does come, I'd get a kick out of all those jumped up pseudo intellectuals who only know how to read and write because of the church going to hell. :D

Oh yeah that turns me on, stoke the flames. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm more worried about a pandemic. We're due a big 'un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If rabies ever becomes airborn we're all screwed. It'll be exactly like 28 days later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I was chatting with a group of people in a pub one night. they were friends of friends. A bit dull. Someone mentioned a particular place and I mentioned that it would be a great place to hold out in case of a zombie apocalypse. They all have me strange looks. I said, come on "everyone's got a zombie survival plan". they looked at me like i was nuts.

I guess not everyone has put the thought into it. And they'll be the first ones to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Grayson wrote: »
    I was chatting with a group of people in a pub one night. they were friends of friends. A bit dull. Someone mentioned a particular place and I mentioned that it would be a great place to hold out in case of a zombie apocalypse. They all have me strange looks. I said, come on "everyone's got a zombie survival plan". they looked at me like i was nuts.

I guess not everyone has put the thought into it. And they'll be the first ones to die.

The place to hold out wasn't the Winchester pub by any chance?

I don't mind normal everyday zombies its the bloody hipster zombies that annoy me, reading Kerouac and wearing those stupid hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

timthumbni wrote: »
    The place to hold out wasn't the Winchester pub by any chance?

I don't mind normal everyday zombies its the bloody hipster zombies that annoy me, reading Kerouac and wearing those stupid hats.

Tesco's in maynooth. It's all upstairs. has a load of food already there. And if you had electricity you could just stick the travelators that go up into reverse. It'd be like a zombie treadmill. They'd just keep walking on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

my initial prepartion is to f**k raw meat into my neighbours garden every night, just in case the said zombie plague arises when I'm asleep, buying me valuable time to escape.

My neighbour however has been asking had I notice the influx of badgers and foxes in his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

once the whole thing isnt as boring as the Walking Dead im ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Its inebidible!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Plenty kerosene and tinned food. Oh, and a 12-bore autoloader with flamethrower attachment. Bring it on, beeeyatches. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

By the looks of Dublin's boardwalk the zombies are already here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

well when it happens i've got everything i need around my wrist! :pac:

Zombie apocalypse bracelet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Call Hit Girl... she'll take care of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

I shudder at the thoughts of it, after watching all the zombie movies/tv and reading 'the road' , just thinking about it makes me crazy. I have actually some survival plans and materials. I'd last a day. Anyways, in answer to the OPs' question, I do think a pandemic is inevitable, some kind od societial collapse, but not a Zombie Apocalypse in it's true defination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

From my extensive knowledge of film watching history - Ireland remains untouched in all Apocalyptic scenarios. It generally only happens in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

All those hours of L4D2/Fallout will soon pay off

Tesco's in maynooth. It's all upstairs. has a load of food already there. And if you had electricity you could just stick the travelators that go up into reverse. It'd be like a zombie treadmill. They'd just keep walking on the spot.

Reminds me of 'Dead Rising' on the xbox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'll head for the Rock of Dunamaise in Laois. Only one way up, height on all sides (151 feet). Has a cistern. Be grand like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Maybe we should write to our TDs about this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I'm more worried about a pandemic. We're due a big 'un

I wouldn't be too worried.

Sales have gone down dramatically since they shut down Hamsterdam.

I always preferred WMD anyway. It was the bomb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Augmerson wrote: »
    And how best we prepare for it? I'm stockpiling things as we speak.

...they all end up selling wrapping paper around Christmas, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

You're not supposed to tell others your plan. The only people you tell are the people you trust.

In fact, day one of the zombie apocalypse I'm burning that place down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What if we are already the zombies?

Advertisement