Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Scammed 350E

Options
  • 15-08-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

So, this guy on adverts.ie agreed with me to swap his HTC One for my S3 and 70E, he came to my house yesterday, and checked out the phone and decided not to go on ahead with the swap, saying it is to much of a loss to him and asking me if I could go up to 80E, I refused.

Today, at 8.30pm I got a text and pm from adverts.ie from the guy saying that
    ''I ended up getting an S4 but prefer the S3. Do you still want to change the phone(S4 for the S3 and 70?) I can meet in a half hour or so if you want.''
    So I agreed as I was always eager of getting the s4.
    He said he would come in half an hour, he arrived at my house at 9.30pm (today)
    I looked through the phone physically and just browsed it a bit.
    Looked okay for me at sight, he took his sim out frolm the S4 and we got a deal.

So 10pm, was happy, gave him a feedback, until I realised the camera quality, OMG, I say nokia have better.
    I then checked the imei and it showed as genuine imei, so got a bit relaxed then I tried the Air gesture which I always wanted to do, could not get it working. Now it got to me that there is def something wrong with this phone. I downloaded an app called 'Genuine Samsung' once installed I ran it, and the result came as 'fake'.:mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek:
    I called the guy immediately and he answered ''hello'' once I mention the galaxy s4 he said he could not hear me and hung up. I tried calling him again and his phone was shut(I say he was using my phone:(). I then called after 10 mins and he picked up and I explained to him and he kept saying 'I cannot hear you, signals are bad'', blah blah blah...
    I then raised my voice so his eardrums would pop off and ask him if he could hear me then. I explained him the situation telling him the phone is fake and I am left with 50E value while he has 350E somewhat.
    He said he never knew and he just got the phone today(He swapped it for his HTC). I then asked him so what about my money and phone, and he said ''yh I know I am shocked as well I just lost my HTC''.
    He said he will try to sort this, I said to him how about if I call you tomorrow, he replied saying he will be at work and then decided, okay I will call you tomorrow.That ended our conversation.
    I emailed adverts.ie at this stage(15 mins ago) and told them the situation.
    I then messaged the guy saying I will get the guards involved after adverts.ie give me the approval and stuff(which they usually do)
    So what do ye guys think ??
    Any advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Didn't read it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Private swop. Too bad. Learn from it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

He is now constantly texting me
    first text:'' I have just tried contacting that guy. He is not answering so I have sent him a message detailing what your intentions(lol) are
    2nd text:If you think you have been conned imaginr me with a brand new phone gone
    3rd text:How did you resport this on adverts? which section
    4th text: I will come to your place in about 30 mins

Now I have replied to all of his texts, so scammer or not, we will find out in 30 mins

kneemos wrote: »
    Didn't read it mate.

Didn't expect you to

Nah. You'll find out.

Best of luck with this and all future endeavors.

;)

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Private swop. Too bad. Learn from it and move on.

Trust me I already learned from an 850E, tv I bought on donedeal, 1 week later sound f*cked.
    Luckily had a person that I knew who was involved in T.V.s who fixed it( I think it was temporary, but it looked fixed to me)
    Sold it the next morning straight away :D

iCrazzy wrote: »
    Trust me I already learned from an 850E, tv I bought on donedeal, 1 week later sound f*cked.
    Luckily had a person that I knew who was involved in T.V.s who fixed it( I think it was temporary, but it looked fixed to me)
    So, you're complaining that you were scammed. But were happy to scam somebody yourself? Karma in action, perhaps.

I don't see this thread having much of a shelf life...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

might be karma so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

He is now constantly texting me
    first text:'' I have just tried contacting that guy. He is not answering so I have sent him a message detailing what your intentions(lol) are
    2nd text:If you think you have been conned imaginr me with a brand new phone gone
    3rd text:How did you resport this on adverts? which section
    4th text: I will come to your place in about 30 mins

Now I have replied to all of his texts, so scammer or not, we will find out in 30 mins
    The guy he supposedly swapped his HTC with for the fake s4 has nothing to do with the deal between ye two, as far as that goes it is buyer beware as it was not a deal on adverts.ie but he will hopefully be banned from Adverts.ie because of this incident.

If the guy is honest and decent and not a scumbag he will just give back your phone and money for the fake but that is unlikely at this stage when he is trying to shift blame onto someone else.

I did not really scam anyone, as I said it was working perfectly when it left the house as my friend fixed it(he took out the motherboard and stuff) and the sound came back on.
    The buyers were happy with it, and if they did notice anything bad, would they have not called by now ??!!
    Because I surely called the guy after I found out the sound was burst, the cheek the guy gave me was unbelievable.
    ''oh tough luck, you saw the tv, it was working fine, when it got left, life is hard. live with it''
    I just smashed my phone off the wall....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

And what do you expect the guards are going to do?

You bought it as you saw it, no offence there I'm afraid.

Presume you'll be looking for somebody to replace the wall now...

Well I texted him 20 mins ago asking when he will come he said in 30 mins as he has to get money, since he spend my money(lol) on petrol

fartyarse wrote: »
    And what do you expect the guards are going to do?

You bought it as you saw it, no offence there I'm afraid.

I know the guards really well, I doubt they will just sit and have a cup of lyons tea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I just smashed my phone off the wall....
    you don't have much luck with phones

Texted him just now, said he will be here in 5 mins, lets all hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

I know the guards really well, I doubt they will just sit and have a cup of lyons tea

Don't be so ridiculous!

They'll have Barrys Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Here's hoping!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 BaylesOfHay

Any luck yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

The tension is unberable.... has he come yet :)

• Advertisement

Sound lad
    Got my money and phone back
    I feel really sorry for him now though, he even had a baby :(
    Lol funny story, he said the guy he swapped off agreed to meet him and the guy is adverts.ie user as well and he had bought a phone off him before and it worked grand.
    The guy who gave him the s4 said he got it off his cousin(lol)
    Problem solved, I really hope he gets his phone back, he is a top lad.
    I would vote for him to run election any day, he even said sorry at the end and we parted ways with a smile.
    So hearthbraking

Sound lad
    Lol funny story, he said the guy he swapped off agreed to meet him and the guy is adverts.ie user as well and he had bought a phone off him before and it worked grand.
    I would vote for him to run election any day, he even said sorry at the end and we parted ways with a smile.
    So hearthbraking
    You broke the hearth too?

Calm down.

Basically what I am trying to say
    The original swapper did not know it was fake, I did not know, the sound bloke who swapped me the s4 for s3 and 70 did not know.
    It all goes to the cousin
    What a bastard for causing all that mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Sound lad
    So hearthbraking

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Do I go to to you or the other lad to get my 5mins back that I spent reading this crap?!

wesf wrote: »
    Do I go to to you or the other lad to get my 5mins back that I spent reading this crap?!

The cousin is all to blame

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 BaylesOfHay

Shock Result !!!!
    Proves some people are still decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

OP sorry but you're as likeable as chip shop head-butt - The only real loser here is the poor fcuk that bought the duct-taped TV.

- Suppose the rest of us have gained an insight into what lurks on the far side of Done Deal & Adverts etc.

Raiser wrote: »
    OP sorry but you're as likeable as chip shop head-butt - The only real loser here is the poor fcuk that bought the duct-taped TV.

- Suppose the rest of us have gained an insight into what lurks on the far side of Done Deal & Adverts etc.

What are you on about duct taped tv.
    That was a 55 inch samsung top of its model and it worked fine when it left of my possession.
    If there would have been any probs with the tv the couple would have rang me and told. I got no calls from them so obvs it is fine and the best thing is i encountered no loss. A profit of 50. At the end of the day we are all happy

• Advertisement

What are you on about duct taped tv.
    That was a 55 inch samsung top of its model and it worked fine when it left of my possession.
    If there would have been any probs with the tv the couple would have rang me and told. I got no calls from them so obvs it is fine and the best thing is i encountered no loss. A profit of 50. At the end of the day we are all happy
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement