Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Med & Pre Meds!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Have you paid your fees yet ?

I sent them a bank giro request form so I'll pay then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

Fees don't have to be paid 'til Sept 30th. :) So, no need to worry too much about them at the moment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eva2468

is there a fb page for 1st year meds in nuig?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mocker2012

So I'm just after stumbling across this online for pre-meds! -http://www.nuigalway.ie/microbiology/documents/micro_intro_lectures_13_14.pdf
    I don't know if you guys have seen this already. I was trying to find a pre-med timetable and found this. Our timetables are given to us at that lecture on Tuesday. Just thought I'd let you guys know!!

Eva2468 wrote: »
    is there a fb page for 1st year meds in nuig?

From my experience, class reps usually set them up once they've been elected in the first week. :)
    mocker2012 wrote: »
    So I'm just after stumbling across this online for pre-meds! -http://www.nuigalway.ie/microbiology/documents/micro_intro_lectures_13_14.pdf
    I don't know if you guys have seen this already. I was trying to find a pre-med timetable and found this. Our timetables are given to us at that lecture on Tuesday. Just thought I'd let you guys know!!

Generally, timetables are given out during the big "Welcome to Galway" speech during your orientation weekend. Despite what you see on some other threads here, I'd advise you attend all the scheduled things at orientation and take a leisurely walk through campus.

The "Fáilte Fest" thing, while sounding a little twee, is a good was of exploring the campus and meeting people, as well as a chance to meet some people who head up the societies and clubs! :) Plus there's food and prizes and stuff. (Janey, I sound like a sales rep. :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Dublad93

Howarya people, 3 med lads he looking for a 4th person for a house we have 2 mins from college. Double bed, nice house etc, 375/month, pm if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heytony

Does anyone know anything about getting the scholarship for getting the ten best hpat LC scores?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GiddyGirl94

Anyone know when first meds get their timetables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

heytony wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about getting the scholarship for getting the ten best hpat LC scores?

It's awarded to the top 10 combined best LC + Hpat results. A few friends of mine last year got it; one with 761 and the other with 782 and the other in the mid 760s. The competition is fairly high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heytony

ChemHickey wrote: »
    It's awarded to the top 10 combined best LC + Hpat results. A few friends of mine last year got it; one with 761 and the other with 782 and the other in the mid 760s. The competition is fairly high.

Thanks!
    I don't suppose anyone has gotten word from nuig about getting a scholarship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 doctork1

has anyone received 1MB booklet? I am an international student from Canada going into 1st year of the 5 year medicine programme, and I do not remember receiving one.

also when and where are the 1st year med students meeting on this Saturday for the orientation?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

heytony wrote: »
    Thanks!
    I don't suppose anyone has gotten word from nuig about getting a scholarship?

I don't think I received confirmation for mine until the second week into college. The ceremony isn't until mid October if I remember correctly.

doctork1 wrote: »
    has anyone received 1MB booklet? I am an international student from Canada going into 1st year of the 5 year medicine programme, and I do not remember receiving one.

also when and where are the 1st year med students meeting on this Saturday for the orientation?

From what I can remember, the booklet it handed out at orientation. To find out where you need to meet, contact the school office. I posted the phone number a few posts back on this thread.
    Anyone know when first meds get their timetables?

Similarly, timetables will be given out at orientation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mocker2012

Should we make a page/group on facebook for pre-meds? A handy way to get to know and chat with other pre-meds!

Take the initiative, mocker! Be the trailblazer! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

Can some kind soul who's part of the Facebook group please add me to it? :)

facebook.com/Soporific.Lettuce

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Random question folks, but have you all been provided with any information about the 8 year joint PhD programme? Also are there many/any mature students in your course?

Advertisement