Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a breach of contract?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Froststop wrote: »
    Are they going to take you to court for a couple of hundred euros or less?
    Multiple errors is surely a breach, are you saying you would stay with them?
    I'd understand if it was a one off error and they sorted it once notified.

People need to start standing up for their rights, we seem to have a habit of just accepting things in this country "shr it'll be all-right" and it's one of the reasons Ireland is in the crapper. They say jump and we ask how high!

No one is getting screwed here..........
    If the OP isn't happy, bring it to the small claims - see where it gets him.
    It simply isn't worth the hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Froststop wrote: »
    Are they going to take you to court for a couple of hundred euros or less?
    Multiple errors is surely a breach, are you saying you would stay with them?
    I'd understand if it was a one off error and they sorted it once notified.

People need to start standing up for their rights, we seem to have a habit of just accepting things in this country "shr it'll be all-right" and it's one of the reasons Ireland is in the crapper. They say jump and we ask how high!

The OP hasnt even said if they went to Meteor about it (information that is often left out by people, i wonder why that is?)

The reason Ireland is in the crapper is because of comments like yours Are they going to take you to court for a couple of hundred euros or less? This attitude by people who own small amounts and think they can get away without paying them is the reason. People then wonder why prices of things go up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

lala88 wrote: »
    The OP hasnt even said if they went to Meteor about it (information that is often left out by people, i wonder why that is?)

Eh, they have. Post #13 in the thread in which you have posted after it!!

You have read the thread, yes?

Anyway, if it's happening more than once I'd be complaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

The reason Ireland is in the crapper is because of comments like yours Are they going to take you to court for a couple of hundred euros or less? This attitude by people who own small amounts and think they can get away without paying them is the reason. People then wonder why prices of things go up

The OP did go to Meteor they said it was an error and it would be rectified on the next bill. But they are still making the errors!!!

Ireland is in the crapper because we don't stand up and say no! It is now taken for granted.
    The OP may be under pressure with other bills and an error may result in not having the funds to make more important bills at the end of the month resulting in bigger problems. It's happening every few months, if they fixed it right at the start then it would have gone away.

READ ALL THE POSTS! instead of picking points to try and stir things.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@lala88 You have been warned on thread to post constructively and not make generalised attacks. I will not issue any further warnings.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

dudara wrote: »
    @lala88 You have been warned on thread to post constructively and not make generalised attacks. I will not issue any further warnings.

dudara

Froststop is encouraging the OP not to pay because its not a big amount, why have you not commented on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@lala88 We've danced this dance before. Please don't drag the thread further off topic. Take it to PM or the Helpdesk.

dudara

Advertisement