Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - yay or nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I know most of the documentary was crap, but those mayday's were real enough - though as mol pointed out - could happen to any airline.

Declaring an emergency, calling mayday and calling pan pan (Another form of declaring an emergency usually medical) are all very different things. Its not uncommon to declare an emergency as it prioritises a flight for landing in the case of potential problems. May day is usually called if a problem has already become a life threatening issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If they are going to where I want to go at a time that suits & the price is right then... Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think the establishment of Ryanair changed air travel for the better, at least initially. Introduced a bit of competition, at last.

I've never been delayed more than 90 minutes on a Ryanair flight and I've never had a flight cancelled.

Some of the flight times are inconvenient, their gates are always the furthest away in the airport, their booking system has so many obstacles to get through it's ridiculous and they try to sell you so much stuff during the flight it's like being in a souk...but they're reliable enough and usually the cheapest option.

I once got two flights, Dublin- Stockholm and Tallinn- Dublin for 50e.

You can't beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I think the establishment of Ryanair changed air travel for the better, at least initially. Introduced a bit of competition, at last.

I've never been delayed more than 90 minutes on a Ryanair flight and I've never had a flight cancelled.

Some of the flight times are inconvenient, their gates are always the furthest away in the airport, their booking system has so many obstacles to get through it's ridiculous and they try to sell you so much stuff during the flight it's like being in a souk...but they're reliable enough and usually the cheapest option.

I once got two flights, Dublin- Stockholm and Tallinn- Dublin for 50e.

You can't beat that.

Yeah you could say that again about flight times/gates!!! When I went to Rome we were the furthest gate away (15-20 min walk) and flight was at half six in the morning!!! But I'm not complaining, they came in cheaper by around 250-300 quid than their nearest competitor (Aer Lingus), so I'll gladly put up with a few minor inconveniences!!!

Advertisement