Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abnormal smear test

Options
  • 13-08-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies. Has anyone had an abnormal smear test result with borderline nuclear abnormalities refer for colposcopy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Yes. I went for the colposcopy in the Coombe, the staff were very friendly, and it all came back fine. The procedure's not a barrel of laughs, but no worse than a smear really. Try not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

kylith wrote: »
    Yes. I went for the colposcopy in the Coombe, the staff were very friendly, and it all came back fine. The procedure's not a barrel of laughs, but no worse than a smear really. Try not to worry.

Did your smear come back as bna glandular by any chance? That's the bit im confused about

It was a couple of years ago and I'm afraid I can't remember. Sorry.

kylith wrote: »
    It was a couple of years ago and I'm afraid I can't remember. Sorry.

Thanks anyway for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I had colposcopy in 2008 after a irregular smear and it showed CIN111, I had to have lletz laser treatment, it was fine, I've had no abnormalities since then.

• Advertisement

michellie wrote: »
    I had colposcopy in 2008 after a irregular smear and it showed CIN111, I had to have lletz laser treatment, it was fine, I've had no abnormalities since then.

You don't happen to remember what info u were given in beginning? As in glandular or squamous?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

foxy06 wrote: »
    You don't happen to remember what info u were given in beginning? As in glandular or squamous?

I don't remember I'm afraid, sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 47 KimmyKims

have you had your colposcopy yet? ive been through all of that and more ( i had cervical cancer) mine was squamous

KimmyKims wrote: »
    have you had your colposcopy yet? ive been through all of that and more ( i had cervical cancer) mine was squamous

Yes and had biopsy. Waiting on results. The doc brushed off the glandular diagnosis even though everything I have read online says it needs further evaluation as there may be problems unseen by colposcope.

Thanks for asking and I hope you are well now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Colposcopies are a bit more involved than a smear. Mine used some pieces of kit, such as a camera, that I've never seen in a Well Woman clinic, so I'd imagine that there's just nowhere local to you that is equipped to do them.

Tell your Missus to try not to worry; I had one and it was fine, and so have many other people. They send you for one if there's the slightest change.

Advertisement