Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeopathy and Private Health Insurance in Ireland

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Love2u

kylith wrote: »
    Check out www.whatstheharm.net for a few people who've had their health compromised, or ruined, or who've been killed by not going to hospital.

Seriously; if it weren't for modern medicine I'd be dead. You'd probably be dead. A large chunk of the population would have been killed in childhood by things we now cure with a week's worth of antibiotics. 'Alternative' medicine at its best does nothing and at its worst kills people.

Like I said I "went" to the doctor and the hospital and this always would be my first choice! However as they couldn't help me I was left with no alternative but to see what other options are out there, thankfully in my case I'm now pain free. As I also stated people need to use their common sence when ill.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Any argument at all that you have to bring forward, or are you happy with just repeating how ignorant I am in every one of your posts?

Why should the insurance pay for a non-medical treatment for you, be it homeopathic (which this thread is incidentally about), a chiroprator or a faith healer, but not for me?
    In my opinion, the purpose of health insurance is to cover medical costs, not to facilitate lifestyle choices.

The purpose of health insurance is to help cover the costs for people who need to be treated. I work, I pay my taxes, I pay my bills on time. If the "medical" route was unsuccessful for me and I decided to go to a chiropractor, it worked for me and I'm delighted that I'm now recovered, why shouldn't my health insurance cover some of the cost.

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Maybe try some homeopathic valium for your anger issues?

"Anger issues" Hee heee...... Thankfully I don't have any anger issues. You seem to have Valium on the brain, might you be using it yourself for your anger issues ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Love2u wrote: »
    "Anger issues" Hee heee...... Thankfully I don't have any anger issues. You seem to have Valium on the brain, might you be using it yourself for your anger issues ;)

Is there any remedy you could take that might aid your comprehension? You've missed every single point that's been presented to you thus far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

The purpose of health insurance is to help cover the costs for people who need to be treated. I work, I pay my taxes, I pay my bills on time. If the "medical" route was unsuccessful for me and I decided to go to a chiropractor, it worked for me and I'm delighted that I'm now recovered, why shouldn't my health insurance cover some of the cost.

For exactly the same reason it wouldn't cover the cost to get an exorcism performed, even if that might have helped you.

Health insurance is there to cover medical costs, nothing else. You want the chiropractor or the angel healer, you pay for them yourself.

• Advertisement

For exactly the same reason it wouldn't cover the cost to get an exorcism performed, even if that might have helped you.

Health insurance is there to cover medical costs, nothing else. You want the chiropractor or the angle healer, you pay for them yourself.

What with spinal 'realignment', a chiropractor kinda could be described as an 'angle healer'.

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

endacl wrote: »
    What with spinal 'realignment', a chiropractor kinda could be described as an 'angle healer'.

Damn you, Dylexia!

Angel healer, I meant to say. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Damn you, Dylexia!

Angel healer, I meant to say. :P

I've got some crystals that'll cure that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Excuse me, you have to do a four year course in angle healing and afterwards a board of other expert angle-healers will hand your "massage degree"

You might laugh, but the average salary is close to 100k in the US.

Health insurance is there to cover medical costs, nothing else. You want the chiropractor or the angel healer, you pay for them yourself.

Well it's not the case, health insurance "does" cover chiropracters and no matter what you say that wont change. I'm off now to get an adjustment ;), have a nice day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well it's not the case, health insurance "does" cover chiropracters and no matter what you say that wont change. I'm off now to get an adjustment ;), have a nice day!

Have fun, just be careful.

Is there any remedy you could take that might aid your comprehension? You've missed every single point that's been presented to you thus far.

Comprehension !!! If I've missed every single point so far maybe you are bad at presenting your points.

Comprehension !!! If I've missed every single point so far maybe you are bad at presenting your points.

Sorry about that. Next time I'll draw the explanations on big thick cardboard pages for you. In crayon.

Sorry about that. Next time I'll draw the explanations on big thick cardboard pages for you. In crayon.

Just speak in English ;), that will do fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is what people unaccustomed to having their beliefs challenged inevitably say when they can't refute an argument.

Dave! wrote: »
    This is what people unaccustomed to having their beliefs challenged inevitably say when they can't refute an argument.

There is no argument as far as I'm concerned. Health insurance companies do cover homeopathy so I will let you all have it out amongst yourselves.

There is no argument as far as I'm concerned. Health insurance companies do cover homeopathy so I will let you all have it out amongst yourselves.
    So as well as missing the point of any debate that was raised, you've also missed the point of the question raised by the OP? Missed the point of the thread entirely? Tell me, did that chiropractor ever carry out any cranial manipulations on you? Something appears to have shaken loose. I'd get that looked at.

:rolleyes:

So as well as missing the point of any debate that was raised, you've also missed the point of the question raised by the OP? Missed the point of the thread entirely? Tell me, did that chiropractor ever carry out any cranial manipulations on you? Something appears to have shaken loose. I'd get that looked at.

Ah you are really showing your true colours now, insults...... That's low.....grow up ;)

S'OK. I heard you the first time.

If you think I'm insulting you, report the post. If you won't engage in the discussion here, there's little point in you posting here.

S'OK. I heard you the first time.

If you think I'm insulting you, report the post. If you won't engage in the discussion here, there's little pointing in you posting here.

Your the one not engaging! I've yet to see a mature post from you. All you want to do is act the idiot and make smart comments. Therefore there's little point in "you" posting here ;). Night

• Advertisement

Your the one not engaging! I've yet to see a mature post from you. All you want to do is act the idiot and make smart comments. Therefore there's little point in "you" posting here ;). Night

And ....... 'ignore'.

You're now on a very exclusive little list. Yourself and two nutters from CT's. Enjoy the facilities.

And ....... 'ignore'.

You're now on a very exclusive little list. Yourself and two nutters from CT's. Enjoy the facilities.

And the maturity continues........the insults continue..........you sound so very educated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

endacl & Love2u, you're both resorting to petty insults and it's not needed or wanted here. Cut it out.

Thanks Humanji.

Advertisement