Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

torch repair

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

wil wrote: »
    It's OK, I stopped a random tourist in the street, he couldn't speak English, but he waved a broken torch at me and sounded like he was shouting something about Petersons in Dunreary wherever that is.

Yeah I have seen loads of tourists walking around with broken torches, someone would a killing if they could repair them......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

wazky wrote: »
    Yeah I have seen loads of tourists walking around with broken torches, someone would a killing if they could repair them......

Only if they set up shop in the right area. I think Dun Laoghaire would be a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

What do they sell?
    What's the bets on how much longer this thread goes on before its locked?

5 years + a 5 year warranty.If I find out who caused all this,a sorry man he will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Best At Doing Wheelies

/thread haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

/thread haha
    No no no NOOOO, I haven't finished writing down all the details.
    Could you call it out,

Sorry bit dark here, my feckan torch is playing up

• Advertisement

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    5 years + a 5 year warranty.If I find out who caused all this,a sorry man he will be.

It wasn't you was it? I'm pretty much in the dark over the whole thing tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Chucken wrote: »
    It wasn't you was it? I'm pretty much in the dark over the whole thing tbh.

I know a place that can shed some light on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

You all should note that Petersons of Dun Laoghaire doesn't count April 29th as a real day in its (unbelievably competitive) five year guarantee. I discovered this to my cost (a low, low €5.99) when I returned to the store with what I thought was one day left on my torch guarantee.

However, their exemplary customer service left a light in my heart that will guide my way through the darkest of nights (almost as well as their superior quality torches).

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I know a place that can shed some light on this issue.

You do? Well please tell us!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hey. you can get torches on Amazon!!

Is there a Peterson's on the Amazon too, and if so, what kinda warranty do they offer?

• Advertisement

'torch peterson's dun laoghaire' is still top o' the list on Google!

Hope nobody genuinely tries that search. They'd be very confused when they got here.

:D

Could take them five years to figure it out....

Torch Dun Laoghaire - <Return>
    google wrote:
    torch repair - Page 6 - boards.ie

www.boards.ieRecAfter Hours

Google torches, Dun laoghaire and guess what 4 page discussion comes up second? Viral advertising in action - You cant buy buy that sort of publicity. Though ...
    How's it feel to be number one?

Well, I'm a little shocked to be honest, but I'm coping

Number 2 is nothing! Second place is first loser!!!

I think we may have proved something...I'm not sure what but as soon as I figure it out, I'll light up all our lives.

I think we may have proved something...I'm not sure what but as soon as I figure it out, I'll light up all our lives.

Proved that Petersons doesn't sell torches at all.

No, I think you are mixing them up with Peterson's, you know, in Dun Laoghaire.

Or was it the other way round?

Why? Did somebody say they did? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Does anyone know who the Fcuk is your man Phoenix3.And who the Fcuk invited him to post on AH.Am thinking of leaving AH after all this sheit.

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the Fcuk is your man Phoenix3.And who the Fcuk invited him to post on AH.Am thinking of leaving AH after all this sheit.
    I don't know who he is, but he wandered into AH like yerman from Kung Fu, and created something wonderful...

:D

The story goes that he always told people twice. Always twice. Nobody knows why, but its rumoured he was Scorcese's influence for the character 'Johnny Two-Times' in Goodfellas.

"Goin' to get the paper, get the paper".

• Advertisement

Phoenix Peterson or Peter Phoenixon...I dont care what they call him...the man is a hero around these parts.

Phoenix Peterson or Peter Phoenixon...I dont care what they call him...the man is a hero around these parts.

Two times Chucken. Two times. Honour the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

I heard he is going to be awarded the keys to Dun Laoghaire.

They had a spare set

I heard he is going to be awarded the keys to Dun Laoghaire.

They had a spare set

Not DunLeary no?

Not DunLeary no?
    Its AH. There is no standard spelling for anything on AH. For the benefit of the many ranters and dribblers. Rumour has it that'll all change though.

In five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I always said I don't need to be told twice. This thread has shown me otherwise.

Also I'll be in Ireland in January, anywhere decent to buy a flashlight? (I don't need a torch as I will not be planning on attending any lynchings or other mob-related events.)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

endacl wrote: »
    In five years.

Do you guarantee it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Have Petersons of Dun Laoghaire, who offer a five year warranty on their led lenser torches, fixed the feckin torch yet? For this sort of international exposure and publicity, you'd imagine Petersons of Dun Laoghaire, the led lenser people who offer a five year warranty, would have sent the OP a box of the things. .. This is getting to be too much like hard work. It's like being in an episode of Mad Men.

• Advertisement

I'd say Peterson's in Dun Laoghaire would be your best bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement