Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny abuse of power?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

It's what Irish people expect. Also this type of stuff happens in most other countries. Hence why government should be as small as possible.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

90 per cent of the time, representations from TDs are a charade.

Constituent complains to politician about being refused a grant, getting audited by Revenue, or whatever. Politician knows full well that constituent doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of having decision overturned, but sends in a letter anyway so he can say tell constituent he wrote to them and thus looks like he's done something about it.

Waste of everyone's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

90 per cent of the time, representations from TDs are a charade.

Constituent complains to politician about being refused a grant, getting audited by Revenue, or whatever. Politician knows full well that constituent doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of having decision overturned, but sends in a letter anyway so he can say tell constituent he wrote to them and thus looks like he's done something about it.

Waste of everyone's time.
    Me and my family have been the beneficiary of local TDs loads of times, in different matters. It's small stuff, but I'm not stupid, I obviously tried first by myself and got nowhere. Civil servants are influenced by parliamentarians (even independent senators, strangely). It isn't a myth, it's incredibly common. I bet loads of people on this site have tried representing themselves in some matter with the civil service, got nowhere, only for a TD or Senator to have a word. It works. It's a vicious cycle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

Some would say there's a big awakening happening world wide... Eventually they'll all be going to jail... I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how minor it is, it's still an abuse of power.

goodluck in finding your one in a billion perfect politician...hasn't been one in...well... never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

He has f`ck all power by the looks of it, with the Troika in charge of the purse, so it would be natural that he abuse whatever little is left so that he can keep the illusion going in his mind & the minds of a few idiots that he's a man who gets things done.

I've seen very little evidence that he isn't a bumpkin who's where he is as it's convenient for others that it is so... full of come-all-ye poor impersonations of a statesman.

Still, he's not M. Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

jimeryan22 wrote: »
    Everybody else's job is not representing the masses.. Also most jobs don't pay what theirs do with all the back patting that goes on.. Brown envelopes etc...

He's really not representing the masses though is he..

He's just a puppet on strings and the EU being the puppet master.

Advertisement