Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1.25 for bueno, €1.15 small twix

Options
  • 11-08-2013 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Topaz petrol station off quincentennial bridge Galway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Ridiculous prices. What about Starbar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Id never buy a chocolate bar in a Topaz station. I saw a Wispa in one yesterday for €1.15, i doubt you can get any regular chocolate bar for under €1 in a Topaz nowadays, its scandalous.

Anybody else remember getting a Twix for 28p?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Fookers should burn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Think you want to be off your head to buy bars in those places. Great offers in the supermarkets all the time these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I can remember twix being 18p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thats 36cent. I'd hope to get it for that or less nowadays in mulitpacks. Years ago there was nowhere near the difference between multipacks & singles bars.

A week or so ago I got full size chunky kit kats, I think it was €1.24 for 8, 15.5cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats 36cent. I'd hope to get it for that or less nowadays in mulitpacks. Years ago there was nowhere near the difference between multipacks & singles bars.

A week or so ago I got full size chunky kit kats, I think it was €1.24 for 8, 15.5cent.

The petrol stations have obviously twigged that when people see a Twix, people will want a Twix and won't be too pushed about the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Topaz are expensive. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

3 Buenos for 1.50 in euro2 shops.

Petrol stations are always pricier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

€1.08 for a can of Fanta recently in Topaz, extremely expensive and left it at the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stinicker wrote: »
    €1.08 for a can of Fanta recently in Topaz, extremely expensive and left it at the counter.

Seems normal to me, what did you expect it to be? It was 1.20 a can in a chipper I was in last night, most are at least €1

In tesco this can/bottle? is 350ml for €1
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274571595

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Slightly pricey, but hardly extremely expensive. The retailer is probably paying around 50 cent plus 21% VAT for the item to start with, then has to factor in the cost of keeping the can chilled until you decide you want it.

We charge €1 a can, baring in mind that Soft drinks and confectionery is where retailers make a large proportion of their profit to balance out the now -3% we make on call credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sorry, I disagree. I think thats at the higher end of the scale but not a rip off.

Wait till everyone sees what cadburys is about to do. Then you will have something to complain about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That's about right for a chilled can of anything, really.

This the removal of a finger from the Pink Snack and the ever shrinking Moro/Twirl bars?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cadbury-gives-two-fingers-to-irish-chocolate-fans-29397167.html

"Kraft by Name and Kraft by nature..."

This the removal of a finger from the Pink Snack and the ever shrinking Moro/Twirl bars?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cadbury-gives-two-fingers-to-irish-chocolate-fans-29397167.html

"Kraft by Name and Kraft by nature..."

I hear through the grapevine, cadbury are putting up the price of chocolate by upto, 10%. This will add 10c to a bar that is currently a euro and more on others.

I hope boards has enough server space for this forum :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Better start stocking crash helmets, retailers up and down the country will soon need them. This will bring the price of the Diary Milk "block bar" to almost €2 in Dublin....

Surely it'll be more than 10c when we "greedy shopkeepers" keep our margins level...perhaps we should just stop stocking chocolate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I think perhaps we should just stop buying chocolate and fizzy drinks altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

padma wrote: »
    I think perhaps we should just stop buying chocolate and fizzy drinks altogether.

Nah, just buy them in Lidl instead where they won't gouge you on everything.

Nah, just buy them in Lidl instead where they won't gouge you on everything.

Just remember who is doing "the gouging" as you call it.

• Advertisement

I hear through the grapevine, cadbury are putting up the price of chocolate by upto, 10%. This will add 10c to a bar that is currently a euro and more on others.

I hope boards has enough server space for this forum :pac::pac::pac::pac:

OK folks. Just an update.

Was in the cash and carry today and the new stock is appearing. Not only is it going up by about 10%, THE BARS ARE SMALLER AS WELL. :D

Gonna take the other Brians advice and get a helmet.....

And to think I was told that €1.10 was expensive earlier this week. We this all bars that are shrinking even the block bars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Iamkipper

Yes some shops are robbing you when it comes to their prices, especially Topaz but alot are offering great value for money. Some products are cheaper than they have been in years except prices are going up but all supplers. But how many mars bars making 50c per bar do you have to sell to make a living if your a small sop keeper. People think lidl and aldi are cheap but they are here to make money and send their profits out of ireland, the problem with all the supermarkets including discounters is that they price match the top 5 supermarkets have it nice and cosy, they do not beat each other. Multipack chocolates are generally expensive in Lidl/Aldi unless they are on promotion, most shop keepers could beat them and the supermarkets if they wanted too and bought from the right suppliers and advertised that they were cheaper than the multiples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

rubadub wrote: »

that was some deal, got it too! the packs were 100% extra free and half price if I recall. they changed the price the next day tho. ate them in 1 night

Id never buy a single bar when I can buy 4 for an an extra 40cent usually, good value but not good for the waistline

The multi pack bars are almost always smaller bars, apart from some nestle packs.

Can't wait to see just how small the multi pack bars become in the next few months.

Multipacks are not always smaller only a select few, mainly cadburys lines but with standard Cadburys bars been made smaller at the moment they will be full size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

Id never buy a chocolate bar in a Topaz station. I saw a Wispa in one yesterday for €1.15, i doubt you can get any regular chocolate bar for under €1 in a Topaz nowadays, its scandalous.

i remember buying a dairy milk for 30p back in 1997 oh happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

padma wrote: »
    I can remember twix being 18p

I remember (when as part of decimalization) they rounded up the price of Mars bar to 5p

I remember (when as part of decimalization) they rounded up the price of Mars bar to 5p

You shouldn't be saying things like that on here - you are really showing your age :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

just to let you know standard Mars and snickers are now coming in their new smaller sizes like twix has already done. They are moving to "european" sizes :eek:

Advertisement