Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco CC - paid via online banking (PTSB)

Options
  • 11-08-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

How long this takes when it reaches your account in Tesco?
    Checked from tesco.ie and it says up to 7 full working days.. Hopefully its not taking that long, paid my bill on saturday, and travelling on thursday and i was counting that i can use my card fully within the limit (paid it almost in full) from thursday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

Transactions are only processed Mon-Fri. Your payment will only be processed tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

optimus1 wrote: »
    Transactions are only processed Mon-Fri. Your payment will only be processed tomorrow

Im well aware of that, and that wasnt answer to my question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

You answered your own question in your first post. 7 working days from tomorrow is the max time it should take.

optimus1 wrote: »
    You answered your own question in your first post. 7 working days from tomorrow is the max time it should take.

i was asking if anyone has any first hand experience of this, since i can imagine this is only the max time it should take.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

finnteme wrote: »
    i was asking if anyone has any first hand experience of this, since i can imagine this is only the max time it should take.

I once did the error of using open24 to pay my Tesco card and it took 5 days for the money to be on my Tesco Credit card once it had left my PTSB account.

You really should use mybills.ie for payments because that always results in the payment being there next business day while being taken from my PTSB account up to 3 days later (one has to love AnPost for offering this).

If you hope to have it credited by Thursday my suggestion would be to call Tesco and check with them if they can credit it faster.

• Advertisement

I once did the error of using open24 to pay my Tesco card and it took 5 days for the money to be on my Tesco Credit card once it had left my PTSB account.

You really should use mybills.ie for payments because that always results in the payment being there next business day while being taken from my PTSB account up to 3 days later (one has to love AnPost for offering this).

If you hope to have it credited by Thursday my suggestion would be to call Tesco and check with them if they can credit it faster.

Thanks, i usually use mybills, but this time i paid it from my savings account.. stupid me.. should have transferred the money to my current acc. and use the mybills.ie :( i will give them a call thursday to see if its there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

You can pay via the Post Office. Seems to be much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

++My bills.ie, for paying Tesco CC,always find it the fastest way to pay,
    Usually next business day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Under SEPA 1 rules, all EU bank to bank transfers MUST arrive at the destination bank the next working day.

Your PTSB transfer will arrive with Tesco (HSBC Ireland) the next working day. It must. It is the law.

Don't waste your time with that An Post service, it is not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Fungus wrote: »
    Under SEPA 1 rules, all EU bank to bank transfers MUST arrive at the destination bank the next working day.

Your PTSB transfer will arrive with Tesco (HSBC Ireland) the next working day. It must. It is the law.

Don't waste your time with that An Post service, it is not necessary.

Not exactly, as you mention, the money will arrive in the Tesco HSBC account the next day, but SEPA does not govern how long Tesco can take to process it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Fungus wrote: »
    SEPA is not a requirement yet. It won't be til February next year

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    SEPA is not a requirement yet. It won't be til February next year

Full SEPA is February, however electronic credit transfers in Euros will reach the beneficiary at the latest by the next business day since that came in force on 1st January 2012 throughout the whole of the EU.

Now there is still a discussion to be had if Tesco would be required to credit the visa card account on the same day as the amount arrives into the HSBC account they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Full SEPA is February, however electronic credit transfers in Euros will reach the beneficiary at the latest by the next business day since that came in force on 1st January 2012 throughout the whole of the EU.
    The deadline for credit transfers is 2014 according to the ECB, and the latest figures (June 2013) show that less than half of credit transfers in the zone used SEPA

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    The deadline for credit transfers is 2014 according to the ECB, and the latest figures (June 2013) show that less than half of credit transfers in the zone used SEPA

Sure, but the EU Payment Services Directive is already in effect since 01.01.2012 and regulates that the payment needs to be there next business day.

UPDATE: just called to Tesco Bank

The money reached Tesco Bank on tuesday, and was credited to my Tesco Credit card this morning.

Advertisement