Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Worlds Needing Managers

Options
  • 10-08-2013 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I run a number of game worlds in Soccer Manager, all of which need managers all the time. Some of them have good teams going begging, some mediocre teams and some rubbish teams. If anyone wants a challenge or if they are gone gold and just want to try out some new teams please add me as a friend in Soccer Manager and send me a pm thru there saying they're up for it.

The Game Worlds

Super League Two
    The first game world I took a team in back in May 2008. After the original owner quit the game I bought the gw second hand. So it's very mature and could do with some new blood in to freshen tings up. Div1 teams available include Chelsea, Porto, Hanover, PSG, Benfica, Lazio, Valencia and Villareal. As with many such mature worlds there is quite a bit of turnover so you usually get to buy players a lot easier than in newer, full up worlds. Also if you come in and you don't fancy your team but like the gw, let me know and when a team becomes available you'll get first dibs (as long as you stick with your current team in the interim). This is a standard 20 teams per div gw.

ULTIMATE ALBION STELLARSHIP

The second game world I created, tried to make it different by shrinking it to 16 teams over only 3 divisions and using only English teams (completely forgot Birmingham - oops). The fact there are only English teams mean that the foreign giants snap their players back if a team remains dormant meaning the transfer market is quite healthy. Teams in Div1 available - Bolton, Newcastle, Forest, Swansea and Watford.

League of champions

My second second hand gw. Bought after the same guy quit. Been in this one for a long time too. League in serious need of competing managers. Teams free in Div1 include - Roma, Atletico, Leverkusen, Kiev, Inter, Man Utd ...

THE OTHER LEAGUE

Very competitive league this. Not many teams going. Teams in Div one going include Milan and Schalke

more to follow

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'll take Milan in Div 1 of "the Other League" and abandon Ajax in the good league if you dont mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'll take Milan in Div 1 of "the Other League" and abandon Ajax in the good league if you dont mind?

D'oh! Kinda defeating my mission by taking a manager from another of my gws to fill in in THE OTHER LEAGUE but it's your dollar buddy!

Let me know when you quit Amsterdam and I'll send you the flight details for Milan

Waiting in Amsterdam Airport to board my flight to Milan Baz.

Sorry bout the delay, hope you found someting to amuse you in Amsterdam in the meantime!

Also hope to welcome you back to THE GOOD LEAGUE one of these days...

Well, maybe, I found he league just a little over populated, was impossible to sign anyone!

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Well, maybe, I found he league just a little over populated, was impossible to sign anyone!

All part of the challenge my friend; half of the current managers inherited diddlysquat yet still built their teams up ... jus takes time

The door is always open! Hope you enjoy THE OTHER LEAGUE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

I'll take a spot or two for definite. How do I find you on SM?

I'll take a spot or two for definite. How do I find you on SM?

You should be able to find me by searching / adding a friend using my email address bazarakus@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

bazarakus wrote: »
    You should be able to find me by searching / adding a friend using my email address bazarakus@hotmail.com

Thanks, applied for a team in the other league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Baz, Just applied for Valencia in Super League Two
    Will be nice to have a bit more of budget than what I have with Auxerre in Div 4 of boards league ;)

• Advertisement

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi Baz, Just applied for Valencia in Super League Two
    Will be nice to have a bit more of budget than what I have with Auxerre in Div 4 of boards league ;)

Accepted! Good Luck! Will be good to see the sleeping giants of Valencia hopefully resurrected!

Excellent stuff. Almost 10 manager positions filled already. Keep em comin!

I will advertise any top gigs here...

Have a feeling the Chelsea manager is stalking my transfer dealings!! He has put a bid in on 4/5 of same players as me since he took over today some of them were outliers compared to what most of the big teams had already snapped up..

Have a feeling the Chelsea manager is stalking my transfer dealings!! He has put a bid in on 4/5 of same players as me since he took over today some of them were outliers compared to what most of the big teams had already snapped up..

The ting with an old but relatively underpopulated gw like SL2 is there'll always be players available here or there...

The ting with an old but relatively underpopulated gw like SL2 is there'll always be players available here or there...

Yeah which is a major change from the boards.ie league, the issue I hit most often though is where if they sell a player to me the team will go under their 21 player min so some real good players out there just can't be bought at the moment.

Yeah which is a major change from the boards.ie league, the issue I hit most often though is where if they sell a player to me the team will go under their 21 player min so some real good players out there just can't be bought at the moment.

There's a trick or two you can use if you play the long game in that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey I'm a newbie looking to get involved in a game. I joined a random one but would also like to join a boards-related world.

Hey I'm a newbie looking to get involved in a game. I joined a random one but would also like to join a boards-related world.

Tink I got your application earlier? If no get in touch thru SM

In need of a manager for Ajax in THE GOOD LEAGUE let me know if interested

Ajax, City, Spiders, Porto all needing managers...

• Advertisement

A bunch of us are in this good old World Championship 2505. My second oldest adversary in that league has resigned (after over 450 games in charge) and I've been offered the gig. I will not be taking it. They have a very impressive team. If anyone knows anyone interested in the gig I'm happy to synchronize watches so we can do a drop and pick up? Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

A bunch of us are in this good old World Championship 2505. My second oldest adversary in that league has resigned (after over 450 games in charge) and I've been offered the gig. I will not be taking it. They have a very impressive team. If anyone knows anyone interested in the gig I'm happy to synchronize watches so we can do a drop and pick up? Let me know.

Id manage them if their free :D

gerp99 wrote: »
    Id manage them if their free :D

So because they're currently being offered to me we need to set a time when I reject the offer, thus making them available for a few seconds before they're automatically offered to some existing game world manager again. What you need to do is find WC 2505 and get ready to click on it/refresh it. If you go there now you'll see Roma showing up as being already managed. We could set the time of say 1400 today. Let me know if you'll be ready.

So because they're currently being offered to me we need to set a time when I reject the offer, thus making them available for a few seconds before they're automatically offered to some existing game world manager again. What you need to do is find WC 2505 and get ready to click on it/refresh it. If you go there now you'll see Roma showing up as being already managed. We could set the time of say 1400 today. Let me know if you'll be ready.

id be ready for 2.10 if thats ok?

id be ready for 2.10 if thats ok?

Grand. Hope it works!

Grand. Hope it works!

Hopefully, they have a great squad

Hopefully, they have a great squad

Good work fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm going too start a world soon and it'll be only English championship teams or lower in it and no one will be able too pick anything, itll be a lottery what teams people get aswell as starting divisons. Ill use a random number generater too assaign teams divisons etc... Itll be the opposite of the boards world!
    I'm going too call it The Boards.ie Local League as in my opinion too generate revenue and Win things on a regular basis you will have too be a master wheeler dealer. The likes of Reus Ronaldo Bale Isco Neymar Messi Rooney RVP OźIl and basically every player who plays for a top 30 ranked country will be available BUT itll be upto managers too buy/sell senseably too be able too "afford" star players too assemble a team too climb the divisions and win leagues & cups! Interest will be huge in this world I belive as there will be no shortage of players for every team so part exchange deals and things will be important. I welcome all suggestions from all players if any one has any ideas or suggestions drop me a pm and I'll be setting this up in a few weeks after PPPP launchs his world. Please keep in mind free managers can only manage 2 teams on soccermanager unless you buy gold membership. So for now back on topic I just wanted people too know and ill start a thread in due course.

I have a class Dortmund side available in one of my leagues, who's up for it? Need to move fast as 6 of their players are about to be transferred externally...

• Advertisement

I have a cracking united side available in Super League Two

RONALDO, Cristiano
    IBRAHIMOVIC, Zlatan
    LAHM, Philipp
    SILVA, Thiago
    ROONEY, Wayne
    ROBBEN, Arjen
    ALVES, Dani
    TOURÉ, Yayá
    MARCELO, Vieira
    ALABA, David
    LLORIS, Hugo
    KLOSE, Miroslav
    BALOTELLI, Mario
    MONTOLIVO, Riccardo
    MANDANDA, Steve
    AFELLAY, Ibrahim
    RICHARDS, Micah
    DEDÉ, Vital

Well maintained side, only four previous owners (since 2008)

Get in touch if you're interested.

Advertisement