Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New signs every half km on motorways?

Options
2»

Comments

They've slipped up on the westbound carriageway of the N6 before junction 13, the marker change from green to blue after junction 12, the motorway starts at J13.

Did they switch colour too early or miss one or two out while placing them, meaning that all the subsequent ones are further east than they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Where does it change from blue to green?

MYOB wrote: »
    Not sure, must check next time I go east.

MYOB wrote: »
    Between J12 & J13, it's as if they changed one kilometre early.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

Distance markers at side of the road (white vertical type) are very helpful in bad visibility conditions i.e. fog, esp. in the dark. Seen how it worked in Bavarian mountains (every FEW meters on bends).
    These also work great if you're first person driving on the road after major snowfall (not in this country I know) but it helped me a lot to avoid going into a ditch. In case of big snow and wind in the open, flat area the road will blend with surroundings, you'd have no idea where the road is

Like someone pointed out, it'll need a generation for people to realize these things are actually helpful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

icdg wrote: »
    Oddest place I've seen them so far, the dual carriageway section of the N85 in Clare.

To add to odd places I've seen them, the single-carriageway "secret motorway" section of the N10 in Kilkenny has them also, the only single carriageway road I've seen them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Was on the M6 Eastbound the other day and I noticed at the ditch edge of the hard shoulder there was a complicated number sequence and an arrow painted onto the hard shoulder every few metres. The arrows seem to point to the nearest Emergency Call Box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

They're being placed on every motorway and on every dual-carriageway section of N-road in the country.

N80 Portlaoise inner relief road too?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Like someone pointed out, it'll need a generation for people to realize these things are actually helpful
    It should not take longer than 6 months.
    It's hard to describe to the emergency services where you are when you're in the middle of nowhere. What's hard to understand about that?

Advertisement