Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland Series 3

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's all about the people he works with from now on - he absolutely deserves to be huge in my opinion - the performance where he played the piano was amazing, his voice is so unique. Really hope he does well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

dee_mc wrote: »
    Delighted for him. Could be the first Voice winner to actually do well.

And your laptop and tv survived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Good for him, his duet with Jerry Fish was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

You're the man!! with the Voice, and the Talent. The Real Deal! Woohoo!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Yay Brendan! A genuine talent, so professional and can hold his own when singing with an established artist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Watching the after party show on rte 2. Is Dolores drunk? Criiiinge

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very average finale, could they have at least got a few relevant acts for duets

Anyways delighted Brendan won, best contestant by far this year and to think he was put through as a wildcard from 2FM

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Delighted for Brendan, he's been around the block on the pub scene and the wedding scene for years now and has always been known as a great talent locally. Not surprised in the slightest that he has made it at national stage and the greatest thing about him winning is that the people from around Ireland have voted him in.

Fair play to him, great chap and very talented at that. The record contract most certainly won't be wasted on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Delighted Bredan won, hope he does great!!

I wonder will Jamelia come bacK? I felt she let herself down a bit this year with her pettiness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Do the other "Voices" (UK, US etc) have the same format?

The Voice UK has less pointless filler, and also fewer live shows - so no, not quite. ;)

I wonder will Jamelia come bacK? I felt she let herself down a bit this year with her pettiness!!

That's if the show comes back again next year - which it probably will do. :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement

The fillers almost took over this year, in my view, and I found that irritating. Again last night, it looked more like the Eoghan Mc Demott Show instead of The Voice.
    I would have liked a bit more screen time for Brendan when he won.
    It just felt like his winning moment was rushed into the time slot to be finished, despite loads of time being wasted on fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Brendan is getting a Civic reception this evening in Carrickmacross. Very proud of him up round here we are. He is meant to be making an appearance at an Arts event that some mates of mine are involved in on Wednesday in Monaghan town so I hope now that he has won this he will still make it.

Saw him briefly on tv this evening. He is such a lovely guy. I thought his duet last night really stood out from all of the others.

Seems a massive crowd turned out in Carrick this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Not sure what thread to put this in, but I was googling about some of the old competitors of the You're A Star, to see what they were doing now... I type in "Lorraine Maher You're A Star", and google finished off my sentence with "Lorraine Maher You're A Star Dies"....

I thought wtf????? But with a bit of further investigation I found out that Lorraine Maher did in fact die last year from cancer, aged 28..

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh I remember Lorraine, that's really sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

dont remember her but that is a shocking age to pass away. RIP

I don't remember Lorraine Maher from YAS, what season was she on?

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't remember Lorraine Maher from YAS, what season was she on?

RIP

2005, which I think would've been the third season

Really sorry to hear this. I've watched the show since it began and sometimes wonder what becomes of the participants once the show ends. Mostly we never hear of them again and they just get on with their lives - but not all, unfortunately.
    RIP Lorraine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Pete Fagan was on the same year, if that helps people remember.. probably should have won.. Donna and Joe McCaul eventually won it and went on to Eurovision with Love.

A CD was released with each of them singing two songs.. Lorraine Maher sang I'm With You by Avril Lavigne..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

After hearing that sad news about Lorraine even though it is after a year. A really young age to pass away though, May she R.I.P.

I didn't know if posting this is news was relevant but Jay Boland who was on the Voice of Ireland last season was on RTE News at 6.1 this evening. He was with a friend of his at a special performance of Ed Sheeran from RTE's 2fm studios today while he was on the news talking to Sinead Crowley.

Has the winner Brendan an album or tour or anything coming up?

Been following him on FB and he has been gigging away at festivals and small venues at the moment while recording his album. I think it is due out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kaleidoscope1

Hi Liz, I just checked on Brendan's website and he is scheduled to play the following gigs...

Aug 30
    INEC Acoustic Room, Killarney, Kerry
    ( solo )

Oct 3
    Theatre Royal, Waterford
    ( solo )

Oct 4
    Mill Theatre, Dundrum, Dublin
    ( solo )

Advertisement