Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The "No one will ever believe you" line about the hula hooping is my favorite line from any TV show in a very long time.

Also the "Yes my core - it's engaged." bit from this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

"Imagine a letter had unprotected sex with a phone". This is quickly gaining on Parks and Rec as the best comedy on TV. Ed Helms was a lot of fun this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah P&R came to mind as I watched this episode. It could yet be a worthy replacement when Leslie & Co. disappear into the trees next year. I haven't been too impressed this season so far but the curent episode nailed it. Very much hoping for more of the same now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Didn't think this week's episode was great to be honest but I must say, I love it when they do flashbacks to Holt's past. The afro, tache and cheesy suit are brilliant.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Thought it was a very weak episode too. Sandiago smokes?? "Frugal" Gina, who bought jakes' nana's apartment, was a shopaholic???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Anyone know if this will be on Netflix any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Not for a while I'd say, Comcast-NBC-GE-Universal (or whatever the hell that empire is called these days) signed a big deal with Hulu earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

When will season 2 be on E4?

When will season 2 be on E4?
    Best guess would be Jan 2015 based on their usual scheduling and how they aired series 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just got an email from Netflix saying it's been added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kwazy Cupcakes app has been released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Season 2 is done on E4, so ... cliffhanger!
    Who is Holt's replacement in Season 3?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

bnt wrote: »
    Season 2 is done on E4, so ... cliffhanger!
    Who is Holt's replacement in Season 3?

Good season,still love Gina,think she has some great lines.
    Roll on season 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Season 2 is on the Canadian Netflix if anyone happens to be visiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I'm half way through season 1 and finding it so hard to get into this show. I want to kill Gina. Does it get better? Or should I just give it up seeing as I'm still not really enjoying it this far in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Give up...if you don't like it by now you won't ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I suppose it depends on whether you appreciate dialogue like this. Police Chief Wuntch is showing Capt. Holt around her new office: (from memory)
    So, how do you like my new office? 20th floor!
    Very nice. I never expected to see you up this high without a broom under you.

The show has throwaway lines like that all over the place, and no laugh track to flag them for you, so ... heads up! :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Yeah, my favourite comedies are Community, Silicon Valley, Veep, Parks and Rec and similar so I do appreciate good dialogue. But maybe it's just the fact that I'm pretty ambivalent towards most of the characters that is the problem. Ah well, it's a shame. I did want to like it as I'm a fan of Andy Samberg and Terry Crews.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

"Hello, deputy chief wunch...you've aged"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any1 caught the season premiere?

• Advertisement

Ya not great.Hoping for a better eps 2

Yep was brilliant. Won't give any spoilers but picks up right where season 2 left off and goes from there.

Holt/Gina probably the funniest pairing in their B-plot; the other B-plot with Terry/Diaz was a bit pointless.
    Hope It Wasn’t A Mistake: Title of your sex tape! .... Title of our sex tape!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Really enjoyed that one, particularly the spoiler in the post above.

Gina for me gets the main laughs,usually repeat views the captain gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Fairly solid, if somewhat unremarkable opener. Picked up where it left off so can't say fairer than that. I'd forgotten how seriously cute Amy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Captain Holt is the best

"I've been asked to deliver a toast here after the funeral. A message... of hope.

This is what I have so far.

PAAIN."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

great Halloween episode. Holt was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

"We're done. Goodbye"

and to help out anyone trying to type in that website, everything on www.ladiesgoodhealthmag.com redirects to the season 2 dvd on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,115 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

some amazing parts in season 3.

The matchbook code... "I'll get my pencil case", "Room 305", "Oh good, Santiago solved it".

HOLT IS AMAZING.

Advertisement