Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo is relaunching

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

r3nu4l wrote: »
    In fairness, the launch video is pretty good!

Fair play to them too for getting out at the right time and then buying back at the right time. Worth the gamble, even if it fails they won't exactly be broke at the end.

Launch video:

Aye selling for 850 million and buying back for a million seems like a nice tidy bit of business for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Ah brings me back, my user name was xoxbebostunnaz2k6xox

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fibonaccii

One of the best social media videos / marketing ive seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Well Americans are getting tired of Facebook. It's slowly losing users in the us. Bebo might be a decent alternative. I would join bebo if it treated me like a person and not a number with data for
    Advertisers to sell me useless **** like facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Wouldn't it be hilarious if its "just the right time", and there's a mass exodus from FaceBook?

If they take a lot of the developments in social media, keep it clean & free from spam, it might work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

If they get the whole privacy thing right, they could have a market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Ah for f**k sake. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

There's a lot of people out there who are glad to have forgotten their Bebo Stunnah days and probably cringe whenever they remember the ****ty techno music they had in their flashbox.I'm not sure they'll be able to get over that and return to Bebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Swan Curry wrote: »
    There's a lot of people out there who are glad to have forgotten their Bebo Stunnah days and probably cringe whenever they remember the ****ty techno music they had in their flashbox.I'm not sure they'll be able to get over that and return to Bebo.

I'm one of those people. I still have silly teenage fan groups up on bebo when I was on it, and forgot to take them down when I deleted my account, I was really hoping they would not resurface again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I can see it working tbh. Especially with facebook bringing in this "story bump" thing which sounds like a load of tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

OU812 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if its "just the right time", and there's a mass exodus from FaceBook?

If they take a lot of the developments in social media, keep it clean & free from spam, it might work.
    Well they have the advantage that on the surface it appears to be a pet project/labour of love for the founders - although I daresay if they were offered another juicy profit on their second investment they'd snap your hand off...again.

Money (and ad revenue potential) in the short term at least shouldn't be an issue, meaning less data intrusion and spamming. The problem occurs when or if it reaches a critical mass of users - meaning it is impossible to maintain without further external investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

The relaunch video is brilliant. Hope it gets on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Ere's luv hun
    >

Ders a return spring on that

(2 days later)

Eh wers my luv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i feel like a cup of tea

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

LizT wrote: »
    I can see it working tbh. Especially with facebook bringing in this "story bump" thing which sounds like a load of tripe.

Bebo, wasn't that like some blog thing? I was on it once, I remember just changing skins, sending messages and youtube vids on my wall or something.

Yeah I don't know will it succeed tbh. As a country we text a lot and Bebo was quite popular back in '06, yet Twitter didn't really take off. Its only recently become the next big thing. Bebo just went dead, I recall rumours a couple of years ago about it closing but I didn't believe it. I personally don't use Facebook, but its handy if I loose all my contacts. I'm nearly half afraid to post something on it now and a then find out a future employer saw something that didn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

And all the while a gigantic tumbleweed is blowing through Google Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

RikkFlair wrote: »
    And all the while a gigantic tumbleweed is blowing through Google Plus

Still can't understand how they screwed that up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 linenbag

Any chance they could make some of the investment back by suing Beats by Dr Dre for stealing their logo? Also would generate a lot of publicity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What are they doing differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Brilliant. I can be 15 again
    So excited.
    Rofl
    Lol
    Fml
    Lmfao and all that sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Looking forward to the return of the gang pages all the little 15 year old scumbags used to set up, used to get some laugh off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I noticed something the last time I signed in there...

For anybody who had whiteboard pics posted by mates, you could click on them and watch how they had been drawn.

A shame they are not currently accessible. :(

Advertisement