Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First pic of first water meter instalation online ....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

He doesn't seem to thrilled with his job does he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I'm a bit old skool when it comes to this stuff but I would never advocate violence or criminal damage. What I would suggest however is to turn water meter installers into national pariah, let it be known that they're low life and just generally be rude towards them. Turn it into a job nobody wants to admit having.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

minotour wrote: »
    its clearly De Niro.....

Air Raid Warden from Dads Army

The Water Meters are long over due and a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I'm a bit old skool when it comes to this stuff but I would never advocate violence or criminal damage. What I would suggest however is to turn water meter installers into national pariah, let it be known that they're low life and just generally be rude towards them. Turn it into a job nobody wants to admit having.

Are you 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Lol.
    Great way to sabotage the old fashioned water meters and get a criminal record to boot.
    The new meters being installed are in a sealed unit and are read electronically by a specially equipped van.
    Maybe Eirigi wll throw eggs at the van to spot it!:D

you can make a shield which blocks the transmission ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Stinicker wrote: »
    They are self powering, Hydro electricty

That seems oddly intelligent. Do they have a battery to store the energy? If only a battery could be destroyed by heat or cold....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Are you 12?

Meh. I'm not even bothered arguing your point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Plazaman wrote: »
    Installations by GMC who are subsidiaries of Siteserv owned by Denis O Brien who magically won the lucrative contract for Water Meter installions in the Dublin area even though they owe millions to Anglo (the same Denis who had many questions asked over one of his previous contract wins when Esat Digifone were awarded their telecommunications licence and the same Dennis who when purchasing Siteserv seem to win out even though another company were looking to place a higher bid.

All above board so.

Not awarding him any contracts wont get his debts paid now will it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'm going to break mine.

Then when they ask if I broke it, I'll say no.

Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

They picked a middle class looking area to start off the installations-having looked up the area online according to one auctioners website the houses in rockfield grove are worth up to €355000- obviously they aint expecting any campaign of opposition to block the water meters being installed in areas like that-they will likely leave areas like donegal and limerick where they will expect resistance to water meters being installed near the end.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=rockfield%20grove%20maynooth&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50500085,d.ZGU,pv.xjs.s.en_US.ciY8R2R6XC8.O&biw=1366&bih=643&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dtcDUs2KAvDH7Abi8oGACQ

http://collapso.net/Sale-Property/sale-price-history.php?id=388673

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Culpepper

I wonder could this turn out like the Electronic Voting machines fiasco? Should we hold on to the old stopcocks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Saab Ed wrote: »

They're low-life? I doubt they want to be doing the job, its something noone wants, cause of idiots like you. It's a job, theres not many of them around, if you get offered a steady job you take ot!

But yes the working man is the low-life, not the man abusing him at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Jawgap wrote: »
    What's the fire extinguisher for?

that's in case they hit the esb cable:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How have they permission to go into a private development (not in charge by the council) and dig up the owners road to put these yokels into it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Not awarding him any contracts wont get his debts paid now will it.

oh yes we 'reward' failure in this country, were bloody good at that, if your in the inner circle. Friends with benefits - way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If they are read electronically via a signal sent out by the meter, then it's only a matter of time before someone figures out how to replace the signal with another that shows lower usage....or just block it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

stoneill wrote: »
    I have had a water meter installed since December 2012 - so there.

Yup. Private water scheme here, already in. Allowance is 200 cubic meters per year. Which isn't great for a average family.. About 550 litres per day, sounds a lot, but consider flushing toilets, washing, cooking etc, you'll all get used to thinking about it soon. Penalties quite harsh for going over limit too. Not happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Why are they metering water? I thought it was the infrastructure that was the issue not the amount of water.
    So why don't they put a price on the repair program and tax accordingly?

This smacks of selling ice to the Eskimos to me. One thing we do not have a shortage of in this bloody country is water!

Is it the price of the fluoride they are adding to the water against my wishes driving the price up or something?

I really feel this country is driving me to my knees with these new taxes.

Well people, vote with your feet next election, something needs to be done.

Advertisement