Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seller not returning my money!

Options
  • 07-08-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Bought a set of items for my car a few weeks back from a relatively local seller. Purchased online and payed via paypal.

After one week no sign of items or any messages from seller so I give him a ring. Tells me 'blah blah, sorry, we meant to call you, the item you wanted isn't in stock but I do have a set that are ex-display and I'll let you have them at a reduced price or I can give you a refund.' Naiively I agree to the ex-display items and a small refund.

Few days later they still haven't arrived! :mad:

I call again and tells me he'll come straight down with them to me, which he did and he hands them over.

When I get them home I see they are for a different model car and wont work in mine. I call seller and eventually get an answer the next day. Tells me 'blah blah, sorry about that, someone must have mixed them up, we have the proper ones coming in next week and I'll get a set straight down to you!'. Naiively, again, in hindsight I agree!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again, after a few days and a promise he'd ring me back I went to his premises as listed on his site and it doesnt exist, call him again and again he doesn't answer or return calls so I open a paypal dispute!

This eventually get through to him and he responds via this, saying to return the items and he'd give me a full refund.

Due to some family issues (family member in hospital) by the time I got the springs picked up by a courier and delivered (over the bank holiday weekend) they only arrive back at his 'other' premisis yesterday on the same day that the paypal dispute automatically closes!

I sent him a message through paypal and sent a text again earlier to remind him that he now has his items back since yesterday morning and I still haven't got a refund!!!!!! :mad::mad:

I cant open another dispute apparently so whats my next course of action?!! He has his goods back and my money, I'm left with nothing now. I'm going to ring him from another phone tomorrow (a number that he wont recognise and see if I can catch him). But I'm sick to death of wasting my time and money on this cowboy!!!!!!!

Any advice on what steps to take if he's being difficult? I have proof of transaction through paypal, proof of returning the goods and confirmation of them being delivered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JaneyM89

Hi,
    I too am in a somewhat similar situation! I had sent a ps3 for repair to a company called consolepros.ie and he is owed no money as we have paid but now he wont return it!! He is ignoring all my calls, texts and email and has blocked me on Facebook! He has caused me so much upset and stress over the past few months! Who else can we report this guy to and I want people to know what he is doing as well because these consoles are so expensive and its not something that can be replaced easily!
    Thanks!

PS I hope ive posted this is the correct place, my apologies if not!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Bought a set of items for my car a few weeks back from a relatively local seller. Purchased online and payed via paypal.

After one week no sign of items or any messages from seller so I give him a ring. Tells me 'blah blah, sorry, we meant to call you, they item you wanted isn't in stock but I do have a set that are ex-display and I'll let you have them at a reduced price or I can give you a refund.' Naiively I agree to the ex-display items and a small refund.

Few days later they still haven't arrived! :mad:

I call again and tells me he'll come straight down with them to me, which he did and he hands them over.

When I get them home I see they are for a different model car and wont work in mine. I call seller and eventually get an answer the next day. Tells me 'blah blah, sorry about that, someone must have mixed them up, we have the proper ones coming in next week and I'll get a set straight down to you!'. Naiively, again, in hindsight I agree!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again, after a few days and a promise he'd ring me back I went to his premises as listed on his site and it doesnt exist, call him again and again he doesn't answer or return calls so I open a paypal dispute!

This eventually get through to him and he responds via this, saying to return the items and he'd give me a full refund.

Due to some family issues (family member in hospital) by the time I got the springs picked up by a courier and delivered (over the bank holiday weekend) they only arrive back at his 'other' premisis yesterday on the same day that the paypal dispute automatically closes!

I sent him a message through paypal and sent a text again earlier to remind him that he now has his items back since yesterday morning and I still haven't got a refund!!!!!! :mad::mad:

I cant open another dispute apparently so whats my next course of action?!! He has his goods back and my money, I'm left with nothing now. I'm going to ring him from another phone tomorrow (a number that he wont recognise and see if I can catch him). But I'm sick to death of wasting my time and money on this cowboy!!!!!!!

Any advice on what steps to take if he's being difficult? I have proof of transaction through paypal, proof of returning the goods and confirmation of them being delivered.

You will get your money back. Just go into the resolution centre on PayPal and escalate it to a claim. It can take a month for PayPal to refund your money but you will definitely get it back as you have proof of sending the goods back.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

JaneyM89 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I too am in a somewhat similar situation! I had sent a ps3 for repair to a company called consolepros.ie and he is owed no money as we have paid but now he wont return it!! He is ignoring all my calls, texts and email and has blocked me on Facebook! He has caused me so much upset and stress over the past few months! Who else can we report this guy to and I want people to know what he is doing as well because these consoles are so expensive and its not something that can be replaced easily!
    Thanks!

PS I hope ive posted this is the correct place, my apologies if not!

Hi, how did you pay this person?

Via paypal but that was back in November 2011 but it broke since and he offers a warranty so he took it back to re-do the job and now nothing! I reckon I will have to go to the guards and report him at this stage! :( Im just so sick of it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

You will get your money back. Just go into the resolution centre on PayPal and escalate it to a claim. It can take a month for PayPal to refund your money but you will definitely get it back as you have proof of sending the goods back.

Hi, unfortunately at midnight Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) the paypal disputed 'timed out' after 15 days. He recieved the package Tuesday morning at 11am. I sent him a message through the paypal resolution centre shortly after to let him know I know the package had arrived, to which I got no reply.

As I say, the dispute timed out and once it does this, you cant reopen it apparently, or escalate it further.

Text him Wednesday evening - No reply.

Called him from work phone yesterday (Thursday evening) and caught him off guard. He tried to tell me that paypal had taken the money from him when I opened the dispute and had sent it to me, even though this isnt the case. Paypal 'freeze' that amount in his account pending the outcome of a dispute. Also, a day after I opened the dispute he 'declined to make a refund', pending the return of the goods. Told me he'd get straight on it and ring me back.

I havent recieved a penny back into my paypal and guess what....

He hasnt rang me back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Via paypal but that was back in November 2011 but it broke since and he offers a warranty so he took it back to re-do the job and now nothing! I reckon I will have to go to the guards and report him at this stage! :( Im just so sick of it now!

It seems that other boards user has/had very same problem

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80440101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hi, unfortunately at midnight Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) the paypal disputed 'timed out' after 15 days. He recieved the package Tuesday morning at 11am. I sent him a message through the paypal resolution centre shortly after to let him know I know the package had arrived, to which I got no reply.

As I say, the dispute timed out and once it does this, you cant reopen it apparently, or escalate it further.

Text him Wednesday evening - No reply.

Called him from work phone yesterday (Thursday evening) and caught him off guard. He tried to tell me that paypal had taken the money from him when I opened the dispute and had sent it to me, even though this isnt the case. Paypal 'freeze' that amount in his account pending the outcome of a dispute. Also, a day after I opened the dispute he 'declined to make a refund', pending the return of the goods. Told me he'd get straight on it and ring me back.

I havent recieved a penny back into my paypal and guess what....

He hasnt rang me back!

Just off the phone from paypal, they have NO record of him issuing or authorising a refund to me as he told me he did! (as I suspected, but wanted to be 100% certain before going further!) :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is this a case for the Small Claims Court?!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

Having similar issues with this guy,won't return my ps3 following payment for repair.

At this stage it's theft, has my property and my money.

Did you have any joy with the guards?

Hi,
    I sent you a message there with all the details, this "business" is such a joke and so many people are left without their consoles! We thankfully did get it back after calling the guards but the ps3 still doesnt work 100% and wont turn on all the time or can cut off but I cant go back to dealing with him again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 radar_marglar

hi janeyn89 yeah i just got stung by this guy CONSOLEPROS.IE a total disaster after near 10 weeks of trying to fix my console. small claims court time.

• Advertisement

Awh radar_marglar thats ****e! Sorry to hear you got caught out too. Are you going to go through with small claims court? You should send him the formal letter of complaint as well and tell the national consumer agency. The templates for these letters can be got on the NCA website. I hope people soon realise how dodgey it is doing business with consolepros.ie soon because I have had far to many people contacting me saying the same thing is happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 radar_marglar

Ah small claims it is, id already said to the shop that im entitled to a refund and that, that will just end it. but nope , theyre ignoring it and expecting it to just go away. small claims forms in the post and im not the only one whos having to resort to this. worst electrical shop of any type ive had to deal with in years.

Advertisement