Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please look at my site

Options
  • 03-04-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hello can I get some feedback on my site please

www.consolepros.ie

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your email address and phone number in the header link to the homepage instead of the contact page.

The header could have more cropped off the top.

Title tag on homepage is way too long and repeats repairs too many times. 60/70 chars max and no more than 3 repetitions.

Store dropdown needs more padding to the right.

Yopu might like to change feedback to testimonials as feedback might be confused with contact.

You could stick a style onto the submit/send button at the bottom of the pages.

The testimonials need to be spellchecked and proofread for grammar and punctuation. I'd change the word 'bullsh1t' in Ian's review to something better (nonsense). Actually you need to proofread and fix language errors all over the site.

The product pages use h5s for the product headings, you could use h2 appearing the same but better for SEO.

hth/gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Thank you, anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

1. You need to personalise the page somehow. Give yourself some kind of presence on it as at the moment it looks a bit too anonymous. You could have a photograph of yourself (or even a cartoon illustration). Alternatively you could add a Facebook Like Box to give credibility.

2. Your logo is almost identical to the Xbox logo, which will make people think you only do Xbox's.

3. "Latest Products" will confuse people. I thought I was going through the process of buying a machine rather than buying a repair service. So you should rename it to "Services" or something like that.

Thanks for the feedback guys, the is going to change a little bit.

No more phone number and email address on the home page.

I agree on the idea of a new logo, I'd also like the website brighter.

Any idea's ?

tricky D wrote: »
    Your email address and phone number in the header link to the homepage instead of the contact page.

The header could have more cropped off the top.

Title tag on homepage is way too long and repeats repairs too many times. 60/70 chars max and no more than 3 repetitions.

Store dropdown needs more padding to the right.

Yopu might like to change feedback to testimonials as feedback might be confused with contact.

You could stick a style onto the submit/send button at the bottom of the pages.

Some updates have been made, what do you think?

The testimonials need to be spellchecked and proofread for grammar and punctuation. I'd change the word 'bullsh1t' in Ian's review to something better (nonsense). Actually you need to proofread and fix language errors all over the site.

The product pages use h5s for the product headings, you could use h2 appearing the same but better for SEO.

hth/gl

Some small changes have been made, what do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I can't notice many changes although I think you've given the "Console Pros Ireland" the Irish flag colours, since the last post? From a design point of view I wouldn't recommend doing this.

Sorry but it comes across as tacky. You don't need both the word "Ireland" and the colours of the Irish flag to illustrate you're based in Ireland. The .ie of your domain achieves this by itself.

You should be putting more thought in to your logo and designing something that reflects the industry or the customers lifestyle etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bigdong

Change logo for something more universal like like gamepad or something, but whole site is realy nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nickyg09p

Don't really care about your site my Xbox is still missing and I am getting no replies just try and get it back to me my mam is going skitzo

Advertisement