Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

She might even put out a book on "wellness".
    or as Anna Geary is now doing "lifestyle coach"

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Iyaibeji

Didn’t one of the Ryan girls get an “internship” at Fitzpatrick’s in New York a few years ago?
    All the free advertising her dad gave them over the years, what a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

There aren't too many listening in if the latest JNLR figures are anything to go by. Her Saturday morning show gets 2,000 listeners and 1,000 on a Sunday.

So why is she being retained as a DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TCM wrote: »

Was there an open process for the job in the beginning? Unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

TCM wrote: »

Family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Holy moly, I mean to get an opportunity to perform that rubbish on a prime time Saturday night show on Rte really says it all. And they wonder why alot of people are in favour of doing away with rte altogther.

So many talented bands and solo artists that will never get a look in, not once, never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Two "jobs" which are now popular with the no talent (mainly women now, but I do know men who are trying to be MUA/Influencers) between the age of 18-30 who are desperate for some modicum of attention...I see a lot now bloat Instagram with constant posing nonsense and spamming their pages with products in hope the brand sees them and give them free stuff(sadly im friends with a lot of these and I just have to mute them as its irritating and sad)

It seems to be any attractive girl on Instagram now is a "influencer" these days and most of their followers are lads creeping on them while they posing in bikinis etc or their mates going "stun hun" or "gayjus babes" or "totes jeal"

Sure she'll be working in a gym as a "fitness" or "nutrition" expert soon or whatever latest fad is

Hit the nail on the head here, like in the earlier versions of social media,.. E.G the amount of page views you could get on bebo or how many friends you can get on Facebook. All for attention

Just a reminder -- the subject of this thread is Lottie Ryan and her radio show.

From here on, comments about other members of her family will be deleted, they simply are not relevant. This is a radio forum, not the back pages of R.S.P.V.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Just a reminder -- the subject of this thread is Lottie Ryan and her radio show.

From here on, comments about other members of her family will be deleted, they simply are not relevant. This is a radio forum, not the back pages of R.S.P.V.

Lottie was talking about the manopause this morning, car crash radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

What's most unfortunate is that it's not just herself that is being damaged. The two lads that she is sharing the show with will be forced to sit back and watch their own careers crash and burn. But that I was a huge fan of the morning show, but I literally can't even listen for 2 minutes now with her polluting the airways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What's most unfortunate is that it's not just herself that is being damaged. The two lads that she is sharing the show with will be forced to sit back and watch their own careers crash and burn. But that I was a huge fan of the morning show, but I literally can't even listen for 2 minutes now with her polluting the airways

I wouldn't say she's particularly bad in the morning but I have nothing good to say about her either. She has a pleasant voice and must be able to push the right buttons to get music going, but neither of these are skills that should get you on the national station. She doesn't get any of the jokes and seems to be a complete charisma vacuum. You're right in that the others have been relegated and its not worth listening anymore. I must invest in Spotify's premium service to have something to listen to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I wonder has she been air-checked by any PD or senior producer in all her time in 2FM.

Has she actually been taught anything or just opened the mic and away you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭gussieg

i dont know if anyone has listened to any other local radio stations lately, there are some thoroughly objectionable very questionable so called djs on the air.
    having done a bit of voluntary radio work , she is actually not that bad, its quite hard work, and you really need to be wide awake and on top form, every day.
    i listen to bbc6 music when i can, or some of the comics .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

The two lads aren't anything to write home about either so blaming her if their careers crash and burn and I'd say they will is taking things a bit to far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The two lads aren't anything to write home about either so blaming her if their careers crash and burn and I'd say they will is taking things a bit to far.

What they meant was they were part of a popular breakfast trio and now rte bosses have pushed them aside and made her the lead dj role. Sure some people might like her but I think the overwhelming majority of listeners find her a hard listen causing many to look elsewhere on the dial. That in itself isn't doing her now sidekicks any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

gussieg wrote: »
    i dont know if anyone has listened to any other local radio stations lately, there are some thoroughly objectionable very questionable so called djs on the air.
    having done a bit of voluntary radio work , she is actually not that bad, its quite hard work, and you really need to be wide awake and on top form, every day.

I would hardly say having done a 'bit of voluntary radio work' would be enough to form a good enough opinion.

Could you give some examples of local presenters,so we can listen and compare..I am sure Jen at ten will have us all running to the likes of spotify...That will be more nonsense..Enough talk on RTE Radio 1..2FM should be about the music.I am tired of listening to celebs/comedians and so called reality stars broadcasting,and telling us it was what they always wanted to do..Get rid of 2FM..put Gold on FM...and let the comedians go back to telling jokes....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭flos1964

Anybody who causes those two A holes careers to crash and burn should have a job there or anywhere for life ..."comedians" ... surely its time for the trade description act to get involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Massive difference in the budgets and salaries involved there.

Could you give some examples of local presenters,so we can listen and compare..I am sure Jen at ten will have us all running to the likes of spotify...That will be more nonsense..Enough talk on RTE Radio 1..2FM should be about the music.I am tired of listening to celebs/comedians and so called reality stars broadcasting,and telling us it was what they always wanted to do..Get rid of 2FM..put Gold on FM...and let the comedians go back to telling jokes....

100% Bang on...

• Advertisement

flos1964 wrote:
    Anybody who causes those two A holes careers to crash and burn should have a job there or anywhere for life ..."comedians" ... surely its time for the trade description act to get involved...

First off, there was a typo in my post. I wrote "but that I am huge fan".... I meant "not that I am huge fan".
    My point was that the original 3 presenters, whilst not to everyone's taste, at least sound like they knew what they were doing. Lottie sound like she has no talent and no clue.
    My second point was that it would appear that the vast majority of listeners not only find her talentless but also are actively more likely to turn away from anything she is involved in, thereby creating wide collateral damage to everybody associated with the programme, regardless of their individual bon fides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

First off, there was a typo in my post. I wrote "but that I am huge fan".... I meant "not that I am huge fan".
    My point was that the original 3 presenters, whilst not to everyone's taste, at least sound like they knew what they were doing. Lottie sound like she has no talent and no clue.
    My second point was that it would appear that the vast majority of listeners not only find her talentless but also are actively more likely to turn away from anything she is involved in, thereby creating wide collateral damage to everybody associated with the programme, regardless of their individual bon fides

They all talk ****e every morning and in different ways one is nearly as annoying as the other. I got sick of the show as a whole a while back. It wasn't just because of Lottie Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It would appear that the listening figures disprove your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

She might even put out a book on "wellness".
    or as Anna Geary is now doing "lifestyle coach"
    I was wondering where she had vanished off to.

It would appear that the listening figures disprove your research.

Grand, my opinions are my own and not fact. Maybe I'm in a minority of one, but to me she is, in terms of her broadcasting, talentless, incredibly annoying, and an appalling indictment of nepotistic behaviour within the state sponsored broadcaster

No they did not...not saying you are wrong about her but the other 3 every bit as bad....amateur hour there every morning...i would like to see how long that sh..e would survive without a licence fee to fund it....cut that station loose now...bloody scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Grand, my opinions are my own and not fact. Maybe I'm in a minority of one, but to me she is, in terms of her broadcasting, talentless, incredibly annoying, and an appalling indictment of nepotistic behaviour within the state sponsored broadcaster

I don't listen to 2 FM so I have never heard her. How often do you listen to her?

I don't listen to 2 FM so I have never heard her. How often do you listen to her?

First time I came across her was on TV afternoon magazine show, I landed on it when she was talking. I paused to watch because she was captivatingly terrible. I sat there and wondered.."who the hell is she and how did she get on the tv??!!"
    I normally listen to podcasts or audio books in the morning, when not 2fm tended to be on by default. So I would guess that I've listened to the show 40-100 times over the last 2 years. The more she was on it the less I listened. Now I avoid at all costs. I would literally listen to anything first

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

Lottie isn't the worst, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Lottie isn't the worst, to be fair.

If she is half the man her father was, she will be twice the man Ryan tubridy is.
    I like her they should give her the late late show we are well over due a female presenter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement