Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underage drinking

Options
  • 06-08-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭

There is a youth disco on in my area in the next half an hour. I saw walking through the down after going to the carnival ride with a few kids. On my way back I seen a young one filling her lucozade bottle with Bulmers. Should I have taken the drink off this young one.

I know as an adult I should of but I didn't want to be attacked by a gang of young ones taking the drink off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Not your responsibility surely??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

cena wrote: »
    There is a youth disco on in my area in the next half an hour. I saw walking through the down after going to the carnival ride with a few kids. On my way back I seen a young one filling her lucozade bottle with Bulmers. Should I have taken the drink off this young one.

I know as an adult I should of but I didn't want to be attacked by a gang of young ones taking the drink off.

Do you usually hang around with kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

There is a youth disco on in my area in the next half an hour.

Where abouts is 'my area'?
    Just asking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

No. Mind your own business your not their mum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

FFS.

Father Cena to the rescue. You should have seized the contraband and given them four Hail Marys' and 8 Our Fathers'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

No, that would be theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

wazky wrote: »
    Do you usually hang around with kids?

One was my cousin and my step neice

FFS.

Father Cena to the rescue. You should have seized the contraband and given them four Hail Marys' and 8 Our Fathers'.

As i'm stewarding in the disco, I thought I would have the reasonable one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Pfft. Should you fook have taken it off her.

Were you not young once too? Underage drinking is a rite of passage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Its only cider. At least she was downing a naggie or popping a few yokes

Keith wrote: »
    Where abouts is 'my area'?
    Just asking...

not Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

What sort of youth disco starts at midnight? I call shenanigans on this one.

:eek:

See above post.

What sort of youth disco starts at midnight? I call shenanigans on this one.

It is unsual alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Better they learn about drink now than when they're older with easier access and more funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

Good to hear of your concern Cena, I would not recommend going over though, maybe take a little detour home past the disco and tell the guys at the door/ organisers a description of her, maybe even ring the local station too

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

If you know one of them then say ill be telling your mother, will give them a fright and they will be a lil more careful.
    Other than that leave them well enough alone.

Good to hear of your concern Cena, I would not recommend going over though, maybe take a little detour home past the disco and tell the guys at the door/ organisers a description of her, maybe even ring the local station too

I am working inside during it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Be careful out there tonight OP, they could blast you with lucozade!

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Be careful out there tonight OP, they could blast you with lucozade!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

If they're old enough to be at a youth Disco at midnight, They're old enough for a few cans. Leave them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

16 in Germany 18 here and 21 in America the right age is the age to know your limit...let em have their few cans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

maybe even ring the local station too
    Seriously OP, don't do that. They'd probably laugh at you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

How do you know it wasn't Lucozade they were pouring from the can of Bulmers?

Ah here, well then you don't have to take the detour, approach someone, or maybe it's better we wait until they vomit and/or collapse then you can call the ambulance and let them take up a hospital bed for the night,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Youth discos don't start at 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Let her drink the booze and then take it off her ya divil.

Seriously OP, don't do that. They'd probably laugh at you anyway.

Your right femme, waith till she needs a pump out and we can send one of our few ambulances out to take up a bed for the night, apologies reporting underage drinking must surely mean you'll be laughed at

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Youth discos don't start at 12

bingo was on. finished at ten and 600 chairs had to be put away that is why it is on late

Advertisement