Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emulation device for under the telly?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For controllers, you can get a usb adapter for every classic controller out there. http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/
    I've got their GC adapter, and it mostly works. Doesn't seem to be able to interpret the shoulder button inputs correctly, which is a major pain in the rear end when trying to play any games!
    EnterNow wrote: »
    It's a two way street dude :)

Anyway, the Pi is a good suggestion for an under the tv device, really good actually.

PI-RI is a good suggestion for where the items fail the WAF or don't seek HAF :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I haven't tried the PS1 on my Raspberry Pi yet.
    In reference to the Amstrad not being in the list, you can get that separately and have it boot up on a different SD card.

There are other multi port emulators like Chameleon Pi. http://chameleon.enging.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I'll stick to the genuine article when it comes to PS and Saturn games.
    For previous consoles emu seems fine but, I suppose there are so many idiosyncrasies about the two 32 bit machines, is emulation, even in the best of circumstances up to scratch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PS1 emulation looks awful and is nowhere near accurate and to even get a lot of games working you have to mess around with plugins for specific games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Agreed, nothing beats the real thing !! But it's an alternative for people without the space !

Well there's also the Ouya...thoughts?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well there's also the Ouya...thoughts?

Ouya one word review

"Pants"

Apparently...
    There is the more open Gamestick on the way, that's the one that interests me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

80s/90s arcade games, how do they fare on Raspberry Pi?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I might do a few 'how to' videos on my channel for setting this up and getting roms etc working on it.

Would there be any interest here in that?

• Advertisement

80s/90s arcade games, how do they fare on Raspberry Pi?

I believe the older stuff runs just fine on it, very nice indeed.

Advertisement