Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King best books, Pet Semetary Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

BrianJD wrote: »
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Needful things! I think it's def my favorite.

I think I did, and if I didn't, I should have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Thargor wrote: »
    Because its one of the best things ever written! Dont forget about IT either Dr Gonzo.

Ah here, it's not even the best book that King has written

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

ReallyMe wrote: »
    Okay out of all the Stephen King books, which one do you consider his best (Including Bachman, Green Mile and Dark Tower)?

Stephen King states that his personal favourites are Lisey's Story and Misery,

And he dislikes Insomnia and Rose Madder (the latter of which I thought was excellent)

How strange, I found Lisey's Story to be one of his weakest books and Rose Madder to be one of the more enjoyable!

Just echoing other's sentiments here by saying The Long Walk is my favourite. However, I generally prefer his short story collections to his novels. His newest collection, 'Full Dark, No Stars' was very good, I thought.
    Different Seasons, Skeleton Crew, Everything's Eventual and Just After Sunset are all excellent. I wasn't too far gone on Four Past Midnight, though.

Slightly OT, but I read some time ago that Frank Darabont, who directed The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist, had acquired the rights to The Long Walk and would 'eventually' get around to directing it. I'd love to see it on the big screen and couldn't think of a better director.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

How strange, I found Lisey's Story to be one of his weakest books and Rose Madder to be one of the more enjoyable!

I thought Lisey's Story was excellent and I couldn't finish Rose Madder.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Any shoutouts for his worst book/books

Cell and From a Buick 8 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I'm currently sitting in the hotel where Stephen King stayed, based and filmed the Shining on. It's the only place I can get Wifi as the town we are staying is flooded so ill have to change my vote from Needful things to The Shining...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

read quiet a few of his books,11-22-63 i thought was his best book in years,salems lot is probably my favourite but i read the stand recently and though i thought it was a fine book,just felt that it fell apart at the end,it seemed like he didnt know how to end it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Finished 11/22/63 this evening. Thought it was fantastic, with King I find a lot of his books lull at some point but this held my interest consistently throughout. One of his best IMO.

Advertisement