Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament ideas?

Options
  • 04-08-2013 11:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As many of you know I has run more than a few tournaments over my time here. Well the time has come for another brawl for it all. This time though I thought I would throw the selection process out to you folks. So people, who do you wanna see leave their blood on the sand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Samurai Pizza Cats. At least I know they're who I call when I want some pepperoni.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

80s cartoons vs 90s cartoons. Let's finally settle this*

* Although we all know the 90s will dominate :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

maybe as an intermission match

Orim wrote: »
    80s cartoons vs 90s cartoons. Let's finally settle this*

* Although we all know the 90s will dominate :pac:

Um, Thundercats, Transformers, He-Man, Mask, Jayce and the Wheel Warriors, Brave Starr... what did the 90s have? Yu-gi-oh?

(I'm not sure if the pac was for "90s will definitely win, take that!" or if that was sarcasm)

FewFew wrote: »
    Um, Thundercats, Transformers, He-Man, Mask, Jayce and the Wheel Warriors, Brave Starr... what did the 90s have? Yu-gi-oh?

(I'm not sure if the pac was for "90s will definitely win, take that!" or if that was sarcasm)

Batman: TAS, X-Men, Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy, Gargoyles.

The pac was because I know it's a contentious issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Goliath from Gargoyles fits my theme idea fairly well actually

It'd be a tough one in terms of superheroes. Spiderman, Superman, The Hulk and a load of DC characters had big cartoons in both decades.

Could actually be a theme for a whole tournament, but would get sticky doing a versus when it came down to the later rounds.

Ewoks cartoon in the 80s means it's a certain flawless victory.

Goliath from Gargoyles fits my theme idea fairly well actually

Oh right, characters. I read it as looking for a theme.

Some turtles characters could be fun and I don't remember them being a tourney before.
    Black Panther

Ewoks are not in this tournament

Ewoks are not in this tournament

And that's why we'll never know the true champion.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Oh right, characters. I read it as looking for a theme.

Some turtles characters could be fun and I don't remember them being a tourney before.
    Black Panther

Oh, I just wanted to see who people want to see fighting it out. I am going to be avoiding the uber-powerful types this time around though.

And that's why we'll never know the true champion.

Ewoks vs. Batman= Internet exploding

My list of potential competitors so far:

Goliath(gargoyles)
    Ginger Snaps
    Wolfman
    Jason Voorhees
    Spike (Buffy The vampire Slayer)
    Faith (Same as Spike)
    Hellboy
    Black Panther
    Atomic Robo
    Cassandra Hack
    Xenomorph
    Ash Williams

Anyone figure the theme yet?

Monsters versus victims/slayers is about the only thing I can see. Xeno is very much the favourite for me.

Would Guyver be too much for this? Seems like he'd fit in well. Or maybe one of the zoanoids.

Doesn't go beyond human size and he could fit quite well here

My list of potential competitors so far:

Goliath(gargoyles)
    Ginger Snaps
    Wolfman
    Jason Voorhees
    Spike (Buffy The vampire Slayer)
    Faith (Same as Spike)
    Hellboy
    Black Panther
    Atomic Robo
    Cassandra Hack
    Xenomorph
    Ash Williams

Anyone figure the theme yet?

I thought I knew what it was (because you told me) but now I'm somewhat confused. I was kinda assuming it would be a bad guy only affair :)

Good call on limiting to human-sized. Last thing we need is another Galactus debacle :)

Now what fun would a party be without refreshments available

I thought I knew what it was (because you told me) but now I'm somewhat confused. I was kinda assuming it would be a bad guy only affair :)

Good call on limiting to human-sized. Last thing we need is another Galactus debacle :)

Ghostrider is human-sized and he's caused problems before :)

basically, no omega-level threats are gonna be in this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ice cream marathon.

I has added a few more wonderfully twisted folks to the party

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not for this one, but for future, comic book characters vs video game might make an interesting one :)

I know we had Guile in one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not for this one, but for future, comic book characters vs video game might make an interesting one :)

I like this idea,or have 3 different video game characters and have everyone vote for there favourite,similar to way they do it on gamefaqs.com.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

BlankaElectric.gif

:cool:

If you can read this, you're too close!

I know we had Guile in one.

Guile should be in everything, really. Very few situations having him around wouldn't sort.

Guile should be in everything, really. Very few situations having him around wouldn't sort.

he doesn't really fit the theme for this one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Guile's theme goes with everything.

• Advertisement

he doesn't really fit the theme for this one
    Angron wrote: »
    Guile's theme goes with everything.

He sets them up, he knocks em down!

Advertisement