Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media subscriber numbers

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - No as they have a deal with Three.

They had a 20 year relationship with BT in the UK yet still switched. Are you aware of how long the Three deal has left to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I'm surprised their internet is still going up. I would have thought siro would be putting a dent in that, maybe it's just them reaching new areas that's keeping it in plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The eir deal has pushed up the numbers. You can now watch the pro14 rugby, champions league soccer and select champions cup rugby games on virgin. The broadband + tv package is very good value. If they got a proper set top box they could gain further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

pippip wrote: »
    I'm surprised their internet is still going up. I would have thought siro would be putting a dent in that, maybe it's just them reaching new areas that's keeping it in plus.

Siro and VM have little or no overlap with houses passed.

Yeah, VM is still expanding the number of homes passed which helps subscriber numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Liberty Global (Virgin Media) Q4 2019 numbers
    https://2zn23x1nwzzj494slw48aylw-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/LG-Q4-2019-Press-Release.pdf

Video Subscribers - 280,400 (+3,500)
    Internet - 378,200 (-1,000)
    Telephone - 335,100 (-9,600)

Total Subscriptions - 993,700 (-7,100)
    Premises passed - 939,900 (-6,500)

Mobile Subscribers - 97,600 (-400)

A few thoughts:
    - After multiple quarters of circa. 10k growth in mobile numbers, the growth has stopped. One reason - GoMo.
    - TV growing but this is on the back of bundle deals including TV.
    - Footprint declined which is strange. I wonder were a bunch of customers disconnected?
    - Internet subs declining as competition grows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

On the footprint one, I visited Dungarvan for the first time in my life recently and the place I stayed in had Virgin Media with a UPC Mediabox - seems every trace of Casey Cablevision has been obliterated, it was just the standard VM lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

icdg wrote: »
    On the footprint one, I visited Dungarvan for the first time in my life recently and the place I stayed in had Virgin Media with a UPC Mediabox - seems every trace of Casey Cablevision has been obliterated, it was just the standard VM lineup.

The Casey cable vision TV boxes we're only fit for a bin anyway. All broadband modems were replaced prior to switchover.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How does premises passed drop, without actual actions to reduce the network - or are they finally taking account of turning off the isolated analogue networks in Donegal etc?

Advertisement