Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I see she(Aine o'neill) has done some work for rte in the past, The rotunda and some other spiritual programme among other work, she seems to have "found religion" from some interviews I've read, now she's one of three clients bringing a class action lawsuit against Apple concerning these air-tags, mega 💶💶💶💶💶s if things go their way... The Lord works in mysterious ways 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Coming up: Pat interviews the "Fabulous Pharmacist" to discuss openness in sexual health 🙄

Jaysus ! It's some comedown from "Prime Time"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

PK and women's sex toys. Together at last.

"Looking forward to all of that Andrea".

He is, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ha I doubt Pat tunes in for Andrea's show.Collect his cheque and out the door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Listened to Callans Kicks latest episode, he had a cut off the right-on OTB lads and said since the Germans took over, they have turned the Pat Kenny Show into Telly Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,413 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bobby Kerr standing in today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

That's me out so, Bobby's health woes are well documented and I wish him all the best but he should not be presenting a radio show, it's not a pleasant listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

Change the dial straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You would think a clear requisite for presenting any radio show would be to have a clear speaking voice. If you're hoarse and husky, you should not be on air (it used to annoy me when RTE presenters with laryngitis or a heavy cold were forced to go on air and do the show anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

and on top of that you'd imagine Bobby's voice is even more wrecked after 3 hours of non stop talk! I know mine would and I am in my full health. I agree with other posters, even if I like Bobby's input and content at times, I just find him too hard to listen to.

I switched off too. He's a lovely fella and grand in small doses but couldn't listen to hours of Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ye should listen back to the segment with Barry White from yesterday about lads with no documentation claiming asylum. Bobby's tone and language spoke volumes about his view on things. Was unusual to hear a radio presenter do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Pascal Donohoe currently on, so so so soothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭leath_dub

A future Taoiseach I'd say, when FG finally realise how big a mistake they recently made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Pascal is far too smart to accept that particular poisoned chalice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Pascal O Donoghue drives me mad. He has a formula for answering questions. Its "(1) this, (2) that and (3) the other". "Now I'll just recap" . He is actually saying the same thing as Harris or Varadkar regarding i.e. immigration controls and has no intention trying to implement anything else , in fact he says we need it ……….but the way he say it does not grab people's attention as much. He speaks to us like we are school children and he is teaching us something, in baby steps.

He is a very clever politician but I also find him quite condescending. A bit of a snake in the grass, stays just under the radar a lot so as not to draw too much attention to himself, but he is very influential. Do not be fooled by his "soothing" voice (I don't find him soothing at all, had to switch this morning when I heard him).

Post edited by mykrodot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

Can we leave the Men Are Pigs stuff to Ray DArcy please Pat

Unsurprisingly, local representatives and councillors made themselves "unavailable" for comment on asylum seekers in general and Newtownmountkennedy in particular.

Absolute craven cowards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Heartbreaking interview with those parents. Will definitely donate to Make a Wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'd imagine many of them would agree with the protesters. Pat was trying to frame the protesters as a 'far right' group travelling around to different areas. The sunday times journalist told him that most of the protestors are actual locals to the areas affected. Maybe they need to realize that people don't want these economic refugees (coming through northern ireland with no documents) in their areas living in tents, usually in areas where services are already stretched ? Why bother coming on the radio for Pat to label you 'far right' , while they actually represent the majority of the locals views

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Wonderful (though heartbreaking) interview on Make A Wish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They're not cowards. They're in jail and only get one phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

more refugee talk now. a local person has to jump through hoops with the council to try and build a house, but the council/government can build a tent encampment on a whim with people who they have no idea who they are.

A joke

• Advertisement

This guy doesn't sound too bad..

checks notes

Ugh, Aontu.

Advertisement