Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Pat really doesn't like Sinn Fein and doesn't even try to be unbias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Conor Faughnan is so articulate and a rock of sense. I wonder if Newstalk have ever considered offering him a guest presenting slot to see how gets on.

He was reining in Pat the other day when he was yet again cribbing about about cyclists and scooter users not being taxed and insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

So today we have...

the usual woman author type banging on about climate change. Having already written a book about the homeless, she only needs to knock out a story about teenage gender anxiety and she'll have the full set :-)

then it's a slot for FFG and Dublin City (they're getting the money here) to explain how the new community wardens will make Dublin safer. As per usual they kept mentioning "vulnerable people" but never just average citizens. You could hear the dismay in the Garda representatives voice. (Listener text mentioned all the Garda who are desk-bound due to health issues. It's a wonder Pat did not comment on the crippling consequences of Long Covid on that cohort. Remember Pat, all together now, "all the great science" - LOL!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

Thought it was an interesting and varied programme overall.

Pat as usual has his research done and strikes a good balance between letting the guests have their say, and challenging them when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭RINO87

For some reason I have a recollection of Faughnan doing one of the Summer or Bank Holiday "sit in's" a few years back when Ivan was still presenter of the Hard Shoulder, when they used to have guest presenters on slow news days. Anyone else remember this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He is fair and unbiased, not a mouthpiece for the motor industry which you would expect from anyone else in his position. He really does give credit to public transport and alternatives where credit is due, and criticism where warranted, esp calling out ALL road users' bad behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Reminds me of that time some years ago when Andrea said they would be talking in her show about Sex and the city, the movie. She asked Pat if he was excited about it.... That was awkward to listen to .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭boardise

I'm an ardent admirer of PK but he did a poor interview with Simon Coveney today. He wasted time bringing in extraneous topics like RTE and Northern blasted Ireland . There's more than enough in Coveney's brief to tease out but that wasn't done in any meaningful way.

One of Pat's least effective efforts...most of it utterly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Miriam coming up on the show to discuss her buke

Dire stuff this morning, Must have been nearly an hour with that awful Miriam and now the awful Sonja and Brendan (who's ok) flogging their clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

A few days off has given me a chance to listen to NT, how on earth do people listen to Andrea. Aside from banging on about Donegal she’s got some eejits looking to have the Book of Kells relocated to Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭mykrodot

yip , I had to switch it off when I heard Miriam, then when I switched back Sonja was on so I switched it permanently off this morning! I can't stand Sonja (Brendan is fine)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Some god awful sh1te this morning alright.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Worst PK show ever today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Newstalk have been dumbing down his show for years.

In a previous life he harangued Taosigh, ministers and political heavyweiights. He managed to keep on top of general election counts and permutations - even when the RTE computers infamously went down.

Now he is reduced to participating in fluff pieces and infomercials for Brendan Courtney and Sonya Lennon.

You're better than that, Pat!

I’m guessing 3 hours is hard to fill every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

You might not have noticed, but there hasn’t been a general election in over three years.

What part of "in a previous life" don't you understand ?🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

We all had previous lives.

For 75 he is doing fine.

Still prepared and on the ball.

We will miss him when he's gone.

PK thought Brand was a nice bright young man back in the day, well Pat maybe its because he wasn't trying to ride you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Francis Brennan doing the rounds, flogging whatever bedsheets, notebooks, life advice he has primed for the Christmas market 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I suppose when his mate is gone from presenting the Late Late and he won't get 2 free advertising spots from Tubs he has to put in a bit more leg work

Very shrill and hostile teacher's representative on the PK show today

"I refute that in the strongest possible terms" 🙂

Geraldine O'Brien of the ASTI apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Didn’t like subjects like Home Ec getting denigrated. I would have suggested Geography instead, if I were putting forward an “easy subject”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Teachers reject any change every time. The most conservative workforce in the country.

The lady sounded like a nun from the 1960s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

They're the same as anyone. Which workforce wants to do a lot more work for the same money?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

But they pretend it's a vocation and that the student needs come first. Rubbish.

The irish public are some set of donkeys, or just downright lazy not putting things in the proper bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Pat going ballistic over the colour of the bins even though it's his fault he consistently reffered to them by colour even though it was pointed out to him in the past that the colours aren't consistent.

Yes, maybe the colours should be uniform, but until that happens STOP REFERRING TO THEM BY COLOUR. It was good to see him acknowledge it towards the end though that he was part of the problem.

RTE are worse for it. They had an hour long programme about it once where they only ever referred to the colour of the bins. It was completely stupid by them and the producers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pat having another dig at PAC in the RTE matter. Brushing off the Committee's questioning as grandstanding for sound bites. Some of it was, some of it wasn't.

This was in relation to a possible PAC inquiry into the NCH issue.

Would Pat be happy with the DoH, HSE and the NCH attending a hearing then obfuscating answers, blatantly lying, not having information to hand that they should have- then saying they'd provide that info later and once out the door then refusing to provide said info... that's what RTE is doing now.

If the Children's health officials act the way RTE have I don't think Pat would be blaming PAC.

He'd be apoplectic.

Advertisement