Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Artemis Fowl

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I enjoy these videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Found it dull, haven't read the books but there seemed to be too many plotholes , Denchs Top of the morning was cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

We watched it at the weekend hoping for good things and it was plain awful. They managed to make the lead characters utterly unlikeable and I'd love to know how much they had to pay extra to get Dame Judi to say that line. Hard to believe that it's a Kenneth Brannagh flick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Since I enjoy these videos

Every word of that was true. :D Loved the bit about Judi's agent - classic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

My daughter says that during the scene where the giant is smashing the house the Artemis character is older in some scenes, they must have had to reshoot after the test screening, would explain some of the continuity errors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ill go against the grain and say I enjoyed it.
    Watched it a, second time, with the kids who also enjoyed it.

Loved the David Bowie reference to Labrynth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If you haven't read the book would the slaughter of the movie be as bad? I've seen a few movies that I enjoyed that people are really critical about because it didn't lavishly stick to the book, it's not being taken as a standalone movie. Or is it just ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Hurrache wrote: »
    If you haven't read the book would the slaughter of the movie be as bad? I've seen a few movies that I enjoyed that people are really critical about because it didn't lavishly stick to the book, it's not being taken as a standalone movie. Or is it just ****?
    I read the first book when it first came out, purely because of it's author being Irish, and it sounded like it might be good fun- it wasn't bad; silly, obviously, but fun. Read the second, but quickly saw it was a one-trick pony, so didn't bother after that. It sounds like much of the humour has been dropped, and consequently much of its charm. With the lead lacking charm also, it sounds a little too po-faced to be of much interest for many, particularly those who may have liked the books. It might have been one to watch with the kids, but not with these reviews, books read or not:

516859.png

Advertisement