Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitness

Options
  • 29-07-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Does anyone have any gym plans for a 16 year old boy who wants to put on muscle without losing any weight . I am 5 foot 10 and i weigh 64 kg . Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

eat more. Like eat an absolute ****load. Im talking, 3400 or 3500 calories a day with about 180g protein and 300g carbs.
    Do the following programme. Pls dont be one ov the millions of 16yr old kids that think bicep curls and bench everyday will get them swole.
    Squats and deadlifts are your best friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY6vi6ORXo
    This is the ultimate beginner routine. Seriously, this is all you need until youve got about 24months behind you and can squat 140 and deadlift 180 for reps with a 100kg bench

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gcurran97

eat more. Like eat an absolute ****load. Im talking, 3400 or 3500 calories a day with about 180g protein and 300g carbs.
    Do the following programme. Pls dont be one ov the millions of 16yr old kids that think bicep curls and bench everyday will get them swole.
    Squats and deadlifts are your best friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY6vi6ORXo
    This is the ultimate beginner routine. Seriously, this is all you need until youve got about 24months behind you and can squat 140 and deadlift 180 for reps with a 100kg bench

would having smoothies with protein in them be a good idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

gcurran97 wrote: »
    would having smoothies with protein in them be a good idea ?

Additional calories and protein are what you want, so yes. However, you'll get plenty of protein from meat, fish, eggs and dairy to name a few so you don't necessarily need to be taking a protein supplement if you can reach your protein intake without it - it wouldn't hurt though.

As above, eat loads and practice big, heavy compound lifts like squats and deadlifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

As long as you eat 180g protein and 3500calories a day, you can have all the smoothies you want bro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Does anyone have any gym plans for a 16 year old boy who wants to put on muscle without losing any weight . I am 5 foot 10 and i weigh 64 kg . Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Coming from a dude who started working out at the same age as you the one thing I regret is not doing the compound movements. If I could go back I'd of done 5x5 starting strength. I spent way too much time fucking about doing loads of pointless crap.

64kg is about 140pounds BW so you should try and and hit the 150g of protein mark everyday. But at 64kg and 5'10 you probably have little to no muscle mass on your frame so keep eating like a boss! If you can manage your macro nutrients now, you'll have them down for life. Have a good read of the stickies about dietary needs etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jasonmc_4

just eat loads and go gym regularly. it takes time to gain muscle so be patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

^ I'd say he's done it by now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jasonmc_4

Teflon Ron wrote: »
    ^ I'd say he's done it by now! ;)

I only replied because I had to do it for a project I'm doing😂I just picked a random question😂Yeah he probably has👌

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Internet 101: For assignment 4, find a question someone asked on the internet, and reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

jasonmc_4 wrote: »
    I only replied because I had to do it for a project I'm doing😂I just picked a random question😂Yeah he probably has👌

Keep us posted on the grade you get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement