Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2013 Martin Earley Tour of Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

Online registration is now closed but you can still sign up on Sunday morning from 8am until 9:45am. We are expecting a turnout so try to get there early. The roads are marked, direction and warning signs are up, weather forecast is looking good and all we need is for lots of you guys to show up. See you there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm very unfit, would I look like a tool if I dusted off the carbon wheels or should I go more discreet?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

I'm very unfit, would I look like a tool if I dusted off the carbon wheels or should I go more discreet?

No. If you're going to struggle you may as well do so in style ;)

How much is the registration fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'll have my new carbon hoops .
    Two tools?

• Advertisement

happytramp wrote: »
    How much is the registration fee?
    Registration fee is €25 for adult on 110 & 65km and €10 for U16's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

We can sort out a transit for you and a track pump and some spare tubes :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Has anyone got one of those adapters that you can use in petrol stations that I could borrow/ buy?

I've the bike tooled up, carbon wheels, the dura ace is back on and new bar tape is about to be put on :cool:

Has anyone got one of those adapters that you can use in petrol stations that I could borrow/ buy?

I've the bike tooled up, carbon wheels, the dura ace is back on and new bar tape is about to be put on :cool:

Think I have one, alternatively you could try this.

http://bayareabicyclelaw.com/2013/03/schrader-valve-adapter-presta-valve-cap/

I'll have a track pump with me tomorrow and I assume lots of others will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'll have my new carbon hoops .
    Two tools?

I will be out on carbons too, so you wont be alone,
    that makes three tools....

• Advertisement

Tomred13 wrote: »
    I will be out on carbons too, so you wont be alone,
    that makes three tools....

we could put the three of ye in the broom wagon and then it would be a toolbox

we could put the three of ye in the broom wagon and then it would be a toolbox

Bam!

happytramp wrote: »
    Bam!

Im here all week

I have a track pump, it's if I get a puncture, there isn't enough there for the CO2.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Did the 65k this morning nice route well organised Many thanks to Naas CC and MKF for organising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Aye, did the 65k as well, first time out with a group at all, easier to pace and the support vehicles and junctions being manned certainly added to it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Did the 110km - well done to NAAS CC , Marie Keating foundation and all the volunteers - great organisation for great cause.

Well done to all involved, a fantastic day at the Kildare festival of speed. Nice to meet fellow boardsies. I saw one guy in original boards gear that I did not speak to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Great day thanks Naas CC & all involved lads on motorbikes were excellent . For one small second I felt I was in the Ras and of course chapeau to all the static marshalls aswell great job . . Well done everyone. . . Yez did great ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭nilhg

Very enjoyable day out, well organised and marshalled, great buzz on the first section and I think the lumpier stuff later on worked well.

Quote of the day was the fella on the wall getting up near the photographers who yelled "take me picture quick before I fall off".

Always nice to meet the familiar faces and new friends as well. Met derealbadger at the end and only realised there was someone in boards gear beside him later, head was a bit frazzled by then, my apologies for not saying hello.

• Advertisement

nilhg wrote: »
    Very enjoyable day out, well organised and marshalled, great buzz on the first section and I think the lumpier stuff later on worked well.

Quote of the day was the fella on the wall getting up near the photographers who yelled "take me picture quick before I fall off".

Always nice to meet the familiar faces and new friends as well. Met derealbadger at the end and only realised there was someone in boards gear beside him later, head was a bit frazzled by then, my apologies for not saying hello.

Good man nilhg man beside me was thetaxman nice talking to him and the guy with him was another boardsie. Today was the first time i felt good on the bike since getting back from 3 weeks of after a crash

Good man nilhg man beside me was thetaxman nice talking to him and the guy with him was another boardsie.

That was me! Yeah, It was great. Really glad I did it. Very well marshaled, especially near the start when there was large groups of people everywhere.

Well done to the ladies at the Clane food stop. They seemed to be under a constant barrage of wasp attacks. (hopefully they were not actually stung)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Did the 110 today. Great event. Well organised, well marshalled.
    I thought the longer distance worked really well.
    Good brisk pace at the start. Food stop was good,the extra drags weren't too bad. The Wall, though was a hoor.The section across the Curragh was great.
    As always, the burger was very welcome. Good buzz at the finish.
    Well done to all concerned.
    And I didn't feel like too much of a "tool" with my carbon wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

The taxman rides rides a sweet bus... That's coming from a Nago addict! Beautiful machine you rode today...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Did the 110 myself. Quite enjoyable. Averaged 24.2 around which I was pleased with. Only managed 2/3rds of the wall before I had to dismount. Was about to go backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Great event, well done to the organisers and marshalls and all who volunteered, thought me legs were gonna snap on the wall:eek:

Happy with me 26.4 average :D

Thanks to all who took part in a very successful 12th Annual Martin Earley Tour of Kildare. Lots of photos of the day have been posted on our Facebook METOK Event Page with more to follow ("The Wall") tomorrow:http://www.facebook.com/tourofkildare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Big thanks to Naas CC and everyone else that made yesterday great fun.
    Food stops and marshaling,excellent as always.
    Great to spend the day with happytramp,Captain H and his club mates.
    Good to talk with derealbadger afterwards.

Thanks countrykid, there was a good few steel fans along the route.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I don't believe it! I did a dozen or so sportives last year and spotted myself once in a photo. I do two this year and find myself in more than one photo. Waiting for a bus etc... Good spin out with the club and a duel with 'Flying Frank' up the 'Wall'

1095095_527209664017170_808148393_n.jpg

Advertisement