Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Betting: Price or Place - which do you go for?

• 27-07-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what most golf bettors go for when choosing a firm for their each way golf bets?

This year BetVictor and PaddyPower pay out on the first six places, whereas most other firms go five.

For The Open this year, BetVictor went eight places.

The drawback is that usually the more places, the shorter the price quoted.

I'm never sure if I should go for the best price or the most places. Often I'll sit on the fence and split my stake between the best price and most place firms.

In this weeks Racing and Football Outlook, golf writer Jeremy Chapman has a few paragraphs on this matter. He tipped Hideki Matsuyama for The Open, who was in a three way tie for sixth.
    Coral were best price at 300/1, but that was for five places. A Matsuyama bet would have been a loser. BetVictor and Betfred went eight places, but had him priced at 150/1. In the case of this golfer, Boylesports would have been the best to bet with, 250/1, seven places, effectively paying at over 40/1.

So, in this pole I ask, do you go for the best price, the most places, or do a half stake on best price and a half stake on most places?

When golf each-way betting, do you go for best price, most places or do a combination 8 votes

Best Price
    0% 0 votes
    Most Places
    50% 4 votes
    Half stake on best price and half stake on most places
    50% 4 votes

Advertisement