Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth OBDII and Smartphone - brilliant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Me too, Ive used it quite frequently (yes I drive an Alfa) it was handy to diagnose my differential pressure sensor error.
    Some guys on the alfaowners forum leave their bluetooth dongle plugged in all the time, but if I leave it plugged into mine overnight the car ****s itself, so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

cletus wrote: »
    I would try your elm327 device with another car before you write it off

Tried it just there on my mates mk2 diesel focus with torque pro and it worked no problem so it must just be my car. Very handy piece of kit, picked up a few power train faults on his car he didn't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Tried it just there on my mates mk2 diesel focus with torque pro and it worked no problem so it must just be my car. Very handy piece of kit, picked up a few power train faults on his car he didn't know about.

Interesting. What year is the diesel Focus?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Diesel focus that i tested it on is a 2006 1.6L

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Diesel focus that i tested it on is a 2006 1.6L

Ah yeah. That'd be CANBus/EOBD by law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Can't reset service indicator on Fiat/Alfa with these. Need FiatECUScan 2.1 fwiw
    Torque will scan faults and show real-time info though.
    Hoping to get that sorted with the OBD and display it on a built in android tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭deezell

Pique wrote: »
    Can't reset service indicator on Fiat/Alfa with these. Need FiatECUScan 2.1 fwiw
    Torque will scan faults and show real-time info though.
    Hoping to get that sorted with the OBD and display it on a built in android tab.

I have it working on a 2006 Alfa GT, but I was hoping to reset the service interval, you reckon it cant be done. has anyone used the AlfaOBD app with the Elm Bluetooth adapter? cant get mine to connect, tho the adapter works with torque pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

anyone knows if it works with '01 Avensis VVTi?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    anyone knows if it works with '01 Avensis VVTi?

I've used it on a 04 Avensis, and a 00 yaris, so I would think so.

Actually, i'm in Limerick. Pm me if you want to test it at some stage. Only take a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Frank Ryan Jr

Does anyone know where you can buy a dongle (as in a shop like Halfords or Maplin?) I need one in a hurry as I'm checking out a car this Saturday.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where you can buy a dongle (as in a shop like Halfords or Maplin?) I need one in a hurry as I'm checking out a car this Saturday.

Plenty for sale on adverts.ie
    http://touch.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Bluetooth+obd/

Aye thanks but need it in a hurrying none are near Limerick. Was wondering did the likes of TopPart or whatever have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Aye thanks but need it in a hurrying none are near Limerick. Was wondering did the likes of TopPart or whatever have them in stock.

What type of car?

Volvo s40 2005

Motor factors tend to sell pro obd scanners. The elm obd is a generic obd scanner than covers engine and emissions functions on all cars. Other modules of the car such as abs brakes, transmission, electrical systems would be specific to a cars own software, so you won't be able to test these with torque and a simple obd Bluetooth device like the elm.

Thanks for this, really appreciate it!

Advertisement