Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic religion in public hospitals

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I fail to understand why there is such a question at all ? Does it make any difference whether the patient practices any religion?
    if you put down 'dirty prod', they immediately put DNR on your paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I fail to understand why there is such a question at all ? Does it make any difference whether the patient practices any religion?
    I suppose in case you die without family present so they know if you need last rites etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

recedite wrote: »
    Hospitals are like schools, they can be owned by a religious order, but at the same time have their running costs paid by the state. Then they can expose patients to their own religious "ethos".
    Enjoy your stay!

I wonder if politicians could do the same. You could get a plot of land and set up the Workers Revolutionary Hospital. And even after taxpayers plough €100 billion into the place over the years, it still has a Communist 'ethos' and portraits of Marx everywhere and a statue of Lenin in the foyer and cadres going around recruiting people to the movement. Sure didn't the Communists build us a hospital when we had no money to do it ourselves!
    And yet there were big gaudy looking crosses on the walls of each ward

Sure down the country you'll find them in garda stations.

Advertisement