Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Mavic Ksyrium Elite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

MB Lacey wrote: »
    Been umming and ahhing about getting these wheels a while.
    Decided to just bite the bullet and order them, but the guilts stopped me mid order.

€380 is quite an expense to me, but it's do-able.
    My current stock back wheel is a bit rumbly and could do with replacing I've been told by 2 bike shops - though they also said it would probably see me through this winter.

Any reason why I shouldn't get these Ksyrium Elites for €380?
    I could get the Zhondas everyone raves about except my bike is all Shimano and there's something about having shimano and campag on a bike that doesn't look right to me. Stupid I know, but there you have it.

If I bought these from a shop they'd be €550.

Should I wait til new year to invest in new wheels, or get these now before my boiler breaks down and my money goes towards house maintenance expenses as per usual.
    :confused:

Just buy the damn wheels. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alans220

Agree, just buy them, mine are all good so far!

al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Just for your info. these are the older version. New version of this wheelset is the ksyrium elite S WTS retailing at 539euro

surripere wrote: »
    Just for your info. these are the older version. New version of this wheelset is the ksyrium elite S WTS retailing at 539euro

I'm not sure where you're looking, but:
    http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/8756/mavic-ksyrium-elite

are indeed the 2013 WTS set (that come with tubes + tyres and the hubs differ from the previous generation in that they're black/silver as oppose to just black).

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Just for your info.........., they are in fact the 2013 version that come with tyres, tubes etc. I bought a pair a while back and couldn't be happier with them.

• Advertisement

guym wrote: »
    Just for your info.........., they are in fact the 2013 version that come with tyres, tubes etc. I bought a pair a while back and couldn't be happier with them.

Ehh yeah I know and they are now the older model. Latest model are the elite S WTS at 539 euro @bike24

Ehh yeah I know and they are now the older model. Latest model are the elite S WTS at 539 euro @bike24

No, they're the same model. The Elite S hasn't changed between 2013 and 2014. I'm not sure how 4thebike are able to sell them so cheap, but there you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

so tell me lads, would I notice a big difference between these and my current Askiums ?

I have a hankering for new wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Looking at them closer, it looks like they're silver between the spokes?
    I wanted all black wheels and was ok with the hubs being black/silver but not between the spokes aswell :cool:
    I'm unfortunately out.

Cond0r wrote: »
    No, they're the same model. The Elite S hasn't changed between 2013 and 2014. I'm not sure how 4thebike are able to sell them so cheap, but there you have it.[/QUO

Your link is the older model they are not the elite S

• Advertisement

No, they're the same model. The Elite S hasn't changed between 2013 and 2014. I'm not sure how 4thebike are able to sell them so cheap, but there you have it.[/QUO

Your link is the older model they are not the elite S

Christ. Read the previous posts, all of us that have ordered these have gotten the Elite S. One of the folks even posted a pic.

Christ. Read the previous posts, all of us that have ordered these have gotten the Elite S. One of the folks even posted a pic.

Link to mavic ksyrium elite S @380euro please

No sorry that's the older model, they being the ksyrium elite and not the newer model which are called the ksyrium elite S (S being the all an important letter here). Care to try again?

No sorry that's the older model, they being the ksyrium elite and not the newer model which are called the ksyrium elite S (S being the all an important letter here). Care to try again?

My goodness. I don't know how many different ways this needs to be explained. I have ordered this specific item, and received the Mavic Kysrium Elite S set of wheels, regardless of what it says on the page. They're not selling the old set (which had all-black hubs and no wheels + tyres). You can phone them and ask if you don't believe me and the other posters in this thread.

My goodness. I don't know how many different ways this needs to be explained. I have ordered this specific item, and received the Mavic Kysrium Elite S set of wheels, regardless of what it says on the page. They're not selling the old set (which had all-black hubs and no wheels + tyres). You can phone them and ask if you don't believe me and the other posters in this thread.

For reference, this is "Elite":
    http://artisancycles.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Mvic-Ksyrium-Elite.jpg

This is the "Elite S":
    http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360077121/ksyriumEliteS.jpg

What I and the other posters received is the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ive also ordered there and yes i received the oitem in the wiggle link (Elite S) with the tyres, tubes and silver around the hubs

I shall be making that phone call, for I don't believe they are selling these at 200euro less than everywhere else.

I shall be making that phone call, for I don't believe they are selling these at 200euro less than everywhere else.

Please do, and do let us know the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

Hi all. I second condor. As I have said in a similar thread I ordered my set the from 4thebike the same week a mate purchased his from lbs. I paid 380. Mate paid 550. We very thoroughly compared both sets and couldnt see any differences. Both elite s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 alans220

Please see my posting several weeks ago, I emailed them;

QUOTE=alans220;86387769]Thanks for the quick reply.

I emailed the company and they have replied;

Dear Alan,

yep, the wheels are complete with tires and tubes and they are the 2013 version. Shipping to GB costs 5,95€, Ireland 10€.

All the best

--
    Sportliche Grüße

Friederike Dietzmann -Team 4thebike-

So my order is will be placed very shortly

al[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Is anyone actually paying 550 for these ? My 2013 elite s with new 11-28 cassette cost me 420 ish, plenty value to be had local .

There we go surripere, see photo taken of one of my wheels that I purchased from 4thebike a few months ago, sporting the 'all important' letter S I do believe......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

They're the ones pictured here. Definitely the 2013 model with tyres + tubes. The picture on the 4thebike site is incorrect. They are excellent value for money.
    guym wrote: »
    There we go surripere, see photo taken of one of my wheels that I purchased from 4thebike a few months ago, sporting the 'all important' letter S I do believe......

Shame on you guym , that wheel is filty :D

shaka wrote: »
    Shame on you guym , that wheel is filty :D
    Still clean enough to read the letter 'S' though ;);)

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Apologies all.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Apologies all.
    No probs......I was beginning to doubt myself at one point :D:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Lads, how do you manage to do business on 4thebike.de
    It is all in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

rayman1 wrote: »
    It is all in German.

We are all Europeans now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

rayman1 wrote: »
    It is all in German.

Stop using Internet Explorer:P

If you use google chrome it will translate for you or if you use firefox you can get a google translate pluggin.

Advertisement