Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal v Laois Round 4 Qualifiers

Options
  • 23-07-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with tickets for this match? Are they only available through the clubs? tickets.gaa.ie has a note saying "There are currently NO MORE tickets available for this match and it is UNLIKELY that any more will become available."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with tickets for this match? Are they only available through the clubs? tickets.gaa.ie has a note saying "There are currently NO MORE tickets available for this match and it is UNLIKELY that any more will become available."
    I believe it is sold out, i Got 1 adult and 3 kids for myself yesterday, on tickets.ie so they were to be got. Are you looking for some my friend has 2 spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Thanks for the offer Larrson, I'm looking for 3 adult tickets. I'll check with the club to see if they have any left first and will pm you if we've no joy there, in case your friend still has the spares later today.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Larrson, I'm looking for 3 adult tickets. I'll check with the club to see if they have any left first and will pm you if we've no joy there, in case your friend still has the spares later today.
    No Problem Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

How do Laois lads rate their chances? Haven't seen much of Laois this year but Donegal looked rattled last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭airneal

Ah Donegal were lethargic, didn't look in full fitness against Down either. The only thing that I can see, is there was no plan B last weekend against Monaghan at all. Is it a case of not showing your hand until the bigger matches I wonder?:confused:

I hope so... I know they didn't intend to loose the match last weekend...but it may have been a tactic to instil the feeling of lose in their minds!!

Can't see them loosing on Sat, though Laois will put it up to them!
    yop wrote: »
    How do Laois lads rate their chances? Haven't seen much of Laois this year but Donegal looked rattled last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eunandoherty

Has your friend still got them?

Has your friend still got them?
    just rang him and yes he has them, do you want them.

Where abouts are you/he? I'll check with my friend if he still needs them. Cheers. We're in Carndonagh, Inishowen.

Where abouts are you/he? I'll check with my friend if he still needs them. Cheers. We're in Carndonagh, Inishowen.
    Were in Donegal town

Thanks. He says he 'thinks' he's sorted through the club. Will know tomorrow. I'll get back to you then. Sure if they're gone they're gone, don't worry. Me and ye two middle men here anyway! Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks. He says he 'thinks' he's sorted through the club. Will know tomorrow. I'll get back to you then. Sure if they're gone they're gone, don't worry. Me and ye two middle men here anyway! Thanks.
    Thats no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deanolodge

If Eunan falls through I would be interested

I just got tickets through the Laois GAA Office (it's a lot closer to me even tho I'm a Donegal man!) and the lad there said they have loads of terrace and some stand tickets still available. There mustn't be half the level of interest on the Laois side as there is on the Donegal side.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I haven't seen laois in the championship this year, is clancy finished now? he didn't feature in the highlights I saw, no sign of him on the panel, was getting injured a lot last year. He was a great player and looked at dangerous as an impact FF sub
    Laois under mcNulty went up a notch physically after what happened last week they will fancy their chances imho, they have a couple of nippy forwards too, and they caused Donegal problems when playing Down as the smaller lads were finding space to go inside one, two and even three Donegal players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Stoner wrote: »
    I haven't seen laois in the championship this year, is clancy finished now? he didn't feature in the highlights I saw, no sign of him on the panel, was getting injured a lot last year. He was a great player and looked at dangerous as an impact FF sub
    Laois under mcNulty went up a notch physically after what happened last week they will fancy their chances imho, they have a couple of nippy forwards too, and they caused Donegal problems when playing Down as the smaller lads were finding space to go inside one, two and even three Donegal players.

Clancy game on as a sub against Carlow in round 1 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Depends on how hard Donegal trained this week, if they trained hard then i fancy laois cause they looked fcuked from the throw in in Clones as it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

No McHugh for Donegal, big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Can't see a major improvement in Donegal tbh. They just don't have the same appetite for work this year and when your game is based on that, well....

If Laois can match Monaghans intensity and belief they'll have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

If Donegal survive the next two weeks they could easily retain their title. They better hope they get Kerry if they beat Laois, though.

It's a pretty nervous time for Donegal fans alright. McHugh is a big loss and I very much doubt Lacey is fit (he certainly didn't look it against Monaghan) so we need a big performance from Neil Gallagher, Murphy and McFadden. I think defensively we should be ok but I do worry that we're short on scores up front as a lot have not performed this season so not quite sure where the points will come from other than Murphy and McFadden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Would be massively surprised if Donegal don't beat Laois.

Laois so far this year have lost to Louth by 10 points, beat Carlow by 10 points (scoring 3 goals), beat Clare by 16 points (scoring 3 goals) and beat Wexford by 2 points with Wexford by all account kicking a world of wides.

It's one thing winning games by large margins against Division 4 sides but playing against even a wounded weakened Donegal side is a whole different kettle of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Syferus wrote: »
    If Donegal survive the next two weeks they could easily retain their title. They better hope they get Kerry if they beat Laois, though.

Easily retain their title? Are you serious? Even if they beat Laois (which I think they will), odds are they will still have to beat 2-3 of Cork, Dublin, Mayo, Kerry, or Tyrone if they want to hang on to Sam. That is going to be a very tall order for any team. For a team playing the way that Donegal did last Sundays and, are who dealing with injuries/lack of fitness of key players, it's going to be even harder imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Easily retain their title? Are you serious? Even if they beat Laois (which I think they will), odds are they will still have to beat 2-3 of Cork, Dublin, Mayo, Kerry, or Tyrone if they want to hang on to Sam. That is going to be a very tall order for any team. For a team playing the way that Donegal did last Sundays and, are who dealing with injuries/lack of fitness of key players, it's going to be even harder imo.

Very serious.

That means if they make it through the AIQFs, if it wasn't clear enough.

Donegal need time to get Lacey, McHugh and to a lesser extent Gallagher fully fit. The break to the SFs would leave Donegal a very different team to the one that lost to Monaghan both physically and mentally.

Even as it is only Dublin or Mayo are ahead of Donegal and were they to get Kerry they'd certainly have a match-up I'd favour them in. The worry is they'll get Mayo, and in their current state Mayo should take them.

A Dublin match-up would be fascinating because I feel like a good, solid Donegal performance would cause havoc to Dublin unless they severely alter their approach for the game. Trying to chop and change styles for a game brings with it its own pit falls too.

Have the teams been named yet? I expect Ryan McHugh to take the place of Mark but will be interesting to see if Lacey is named. I expect big Neil to come back in at midfield in place of Ryan Bradley who may well move into the half forward line in place of Reilly who was very disappointing the last day. So this will likely be the starting 15 (as I don't think Lacey is fit)
    Paul Durcan
    Paddy McGrath, Neil and Eamonn McGee
    Declan Walsh, Frank McGlynn, Anthony Thompson
    Neil Gallagher, Rory Kavanagh
    Ryan McHugh, Leo McLoone, Ryan Bradley
    Paddy McBrearty, Michael Murphy, Colm McFadden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

If they beat Laois this wknd then get Kerry as you hope and beat them that would mean a meeting with Dublin more than likely. Unfortunately I think those 3 games are too much of an ask for us considering I think this weekend could be a struggle after how flat we were against Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

SM746 wrote: »
    If they beat Laois this wknd then get Kerry as you hope and beat them that would mean a meeting with Dublin more than likely. Unfortunately I think those 3 games are too much of an ask for us considering I think this weekend could be a struggle after how flat we were against Monaghan.
    If they get Kerry in the QF and beat them, they'll have a 4 week break and will be fresh as daisies going into a SF. Donegal's season hinges on getting through the next 10 or so days, do that and they'll be made favourites for Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

THFC wrote: »
    If they get Kerry in the QF and beat them, they'll have a 4 week break and will be fresh as daisies going into a SF. Donegal's season hinges on getting through the next 10 or so days, do that and they'll be made favourites for Sam.

They Dubs will be favs for as long as they're in the championship. Who's second fav will depend on the next 10 days, but it could be any of Mayo, Donegal or Kerry, just depends on the performances they put in.

If anyone is still looking for tickets they are available again on tickets.gaa.ie - terrace tickets only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

I would fear Donegal to be honest. Wounded animal and all that. McGuinness, if hes as good at motivation and all that type of stuff has plenty of ammunition. I expect a BIG Donegal performance and a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

One thing for sure is that Murphy, McFadden and McBrierety will never play as badly as they did against Monaghan. As regards Loais, they gave the Dubs a scare last year. They will need a little more ambition if they are to topple Donegal.

Advertisement