Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website SEO & Layout Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Porridge

Hi there,

Please can you give me advice on how to market my website?

www.irishgravemarkers.com

I graciously welcome all of your ideas. There might be a simple or obvious marketing idea that you have that has not occurred to me at all yet.

Kind Regards,

Mr Porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

The non www version of your URL, ie. gravemarkers.com (no www) currently goes nowhere. You should get this running as well as people accessing the site directly will often type the URL without www.

From SEO point of view, both should work, with one of them (eg. the non www) redirecting to the other and returning a 301 code (permanent redirect). Without the 301 code, Google will consider www and non www versions of the site to be duplicate sites/content.

Duckjob wrote: »
    The non www version of your URL, ie. gravemarkers.com (no www) currently goes nowhere. You should get this running as well as people accessing the site directly will often type the URL without www.

From SEO point of view, both should work, with one of them (eg. the non www) redirecting to the other and returning a 301 code (permanent redirect). Without the 301 code, Google will consider www and non www versions of the site to be duplicate sites/content.

Thank you for the advice. I have rectified that now.

Mr Porridge.

If anybody that has an ideas how we can convert more visitors into sales we would be very grateful to hear them.

Thank you

Mr Porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

If anybody that has an ideas how we can convert more visitors into sales we would be very grateful to hear them.

Thank you

Mr Porridge.

The product detail pages are very long meaning you have to scroll all the way down to find your Call-To-Action ie. the Add to Cart" button. You need to make it as easy as pie for people to find and click this! Maybe put it at top of detail page as well. Also, could you but a buy button by each product on the product listing pages.

Also, when you go to paypal, the fact that the paypal account is a gmail address is a bit off-putting. Should at least be domain email like orders@irishgravemarkers.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement