Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Never cleaned car in 2 years, next steps?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

You get barred now, thems the rules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Get some Gtechniq C4 and apply it to the cardboard. It'll fix it right up.

Dont mind him....he's just jealous, as thats what he might as well have done with his bottle of it! :D

MAJJ wrote: »
    You get barred now, thems the rules :)

No...thats only in the "Detailing on a Budget" thread! :p

As I said piss poor on the photography! And since claying haven't polished/sealed yet. I know all far from ideal but not much time but I am learning a lot here.

More to follow and some edits

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

MAJJ wrote: »
    As I said piss poor on the photography! And since claying haven't polished/sealed yet. I know all far from ideal but not much time but I am learning a lot here.

More to follow and some edits

40433174.jpg

If they're before pics, it looks very clean for "not cleaned in 2 years" (unless the car is actually red). If they're after pics, the wash or at least the clay should of got the bugs off.

They're the before pics of a grey car :) The days that proceeded it had extremely heavy rain, so that perhaps helped. It was also an extremely sunny day so that may have skewed things.

Hard to see from these pics and maybe easier from the next batch but other than the iron fallout, tar and bugs etc, there was a thick layer of grime that didn't even come off after the first snow foam.

You're right washing took off so much and claying really helped especially on the front grille.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Hope you didnt snow foam the car with the windows open :pac:

For a second there I thought that was crazy amounts of brake dust on the alloys.

For a second there I thought that was crazy amounts of brake dust on the alloys.

Yeah I know what you mean I thought that too. The shading tricked me too. They were bad though needed a good scrub after iron/wheel cleanse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Have you actually driven the car in these 2 years or has it just been doing a 2 mile round trip a year?

If I don't wash my car for a week it looks worse than that...

Pictures done after claying, waiting a few days, washing with AG shampoo, drying, polishing with AG SRP and two coats of EGP.

Thanks to all those that helped and advised, I really learnt a lot. First time I've had a cleaner car than my father. Educated him on 2BM, sponges etc. Never thought I'd be that guy!

• Advertisement

Looks well! Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Nice turnaround!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Great thread. I may even stop using baby-wipes to clean crud off my car between trips to Applegreen.

Advertisement