Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to open a snooker & pool club??

Options
  • 16-07-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have always wanted to open my own snooker & pool club. It would be something I would really enjoy doing everyday as I have always been a big fan of the game. Only problem is like everything else, No money!

If I was gonna open a club I would like to have at least 5-6 pool tables and maybe 4 snooker tables. This would be a decent size club but what sort of money would I need to get started? And how much money realistically could I expect to make weekly? Can I start off by getting all the tables in on a profit share basis?

There is no club in the area I would like to open one and the demand for place to play pool is high in this area with also a good few snooker players here aswell so I'm confident about that one.

Basically I have no money to start with so is this possible to go try it or what would I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Greenbaize are you for real. This is at least the 3rd time you have posted a similar opening thread here. The fact that you have no money really answers your own question dont you think?.
    My advice would be to get books and google same to glean what you can. Get chatting with local business people in your town for their advice to see how they got up and running and stayed there. Visit snooker clubs directly and in person to ask the same.
    But your not really going to get the answers you need by asking multiple times here, it shows half heartiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Greenbaize are you for real. This is at least the 3rd time you have posted a similar opening thread here. The fact that you have no money really answers your own question dont you think?.
    My advice would be to get books and google same to glean what you can. Get chatting with local business people in your town for their advice to see how they got up and running and stayed there. Visit snooker clubs directly and in person to ask the same.
    But your not really going to get the answers you need by asking multiple times here, it shows half heartiness.

Hi
    If you read my post properly you would have seen I'm actually looking for advice from someone that knows what their talking about so really your reply was a waste of your time and mine reading it. You obviously are not the one I'm looking for advice from as you have not got a clue so in future, please don't post replys to someone's question that you can't answer or have no experience in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

haha what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

haha what a joke

Yes your are a joke and also have been reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

People replied to you in your previous multiple threads (heres yet another one on the issue) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81396825 and you don't even acknowledge their replies or engage with it.
    One of the replies was zack01 who could maybe get you in touch with the people running the biggest remaining club in Dublin, did you follow up on this at all?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

People replied to you in your previous multiple threads (heres yet another one on the issue) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81396825 and you don't even acknowledge their replies or engage with it.
    One of the replies was zack01 who could maybe get you in touch with the people running the biggest remaining club in Dublin, did you follow up on this at all?

True, I did offer a name and details of so done long in the business that could offer you some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

rent & rates from local council
    rent of building / lease
    utility bills
    cost of wages
    public liability insurance
    stock

Depending on the area and size of this fantasy club it would more than likely be at a working loss for a few years until you build up relationships in the town with people/business and have a few regular people using the club.

I'm not too sure but i would hazard a guess that a clubs worst months are the summer months? I could be wrong all the same..

In short you would need a nice injection of capital to get started and there is a high chance that you would blow it all in 24 months and still be making nothing.

Sorry to sound glum , It could all work out great and you end up making a few quid..

Advertisement