Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on opening a pool hall

Options
  • 24-10-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi folks

Some of you here may in fact own or have some experience with running a pool/snooker club as a business so as a matter of interested I would like to hear from anyone that has information on this regarding the business costs, tables, rent of premises etc..

Myself and a friend had always talked about how great it would be to open a new pool hall in our area which also could include games machines etc.. We just would not be sure how to actually go about it and the costs of starting up that it would take and also even if the tables could make enough money alone to pay the bills. If there is anyone here who has any experience in this area all info would be apreciated either here or by mail.

Looking forward to your replies.
    Many Thanks:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,317 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will need planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Planning permission for what? Even with renting a premises for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Contact Fin at CrossGuns, the club has been in business for 54 years and Fin has ran it for the last 22, obviously doing something right there.

Contact him through the club site at

www.crossgunssnookerclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Anybody have general info?? Im interested in this also..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Snowman11

I am thing as well in my local community I need info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd have thought it was a very low income business that you'd have to be doing for the love of the sport rather than as a means of financial enrichment.

Like you'd be renting a premises about three times the size of the average Spar/Centra premises - and you fit maybe 6 full size snooker tables into it.
    And if you opened 15 hours a day and had maximum occupancy at say €12 per table per hour then the most money you'd be taking in from the snooker is 15h x €12 x 6tables = €1080 a day.
    And obviously maximum occupancy is a complete pipedream, lots of empty time during the weekdays, completely empty during sunny weather, and whatever money you do take in is before rent, wages, insurance, maintenance, esb and the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mic99

all i can say is make sure you do the market research and pick your location well cos a lot of the clubs are finding it hard work having to constantly run competitions so give it a go and good luck

Advertisement