Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much incorrect pricing are you willing to tolerate/let go?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I think that you will find that the product range in the German retail outlets is way way smaller than in any of the other supermarkets which makes its far easier to manage the pricing of products.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Shelflife wrote: »
    I think that you will find that the product range in the German retail outlets is way way smaller than in any of the other supermarkets which makes its far easier to manage the pricing of products.

This is true. Ideally, I would LOVE to do all my shopping in Lidl/Aldi because I'd save a lot, but sometimes it's not possible to get all the items I want there, and have to go to S'Valu/Tesco etc. eg. Yoplait yoghurts, pasta sauce (REALLY don't like their pasta sauces, their Indian sauces are fab tho!).

On another note S'Valu overchanrged me again a couple of days ago - got 2 4packs of yoghurt that were marked at €1.50 each, but got charged €2.68 each instead! Got refunded for one though so happy days :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

As always people making a big song and dance about incorrect prices etc But how many would complain if the incorrect price meant it was cheaper? People on boards are very quick to claim there being ripped off and feel its there right for the company to do the ''decent thing'' How many of you would do it is you knew it was wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

lala88 wrote: »
    As always people making a big song and dance about incorrect prices etc But how many would complain if the incorrect price meant it was cheaper? People on boards are very quick to claim there being ripped off and feel its there right for the company to do the ''decent thing'' How many of you would do it is you knew it was wrong?
    Well personally I have and do point it out if I notice it, I question what is happening if the total seems too little and get them to check if they included everything. I point out I've got the wrong change if they give me too much as well as if it is too little. I like to think I'm honest in all my dealings with others. I'm not a saint, I just think it is good karma.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

But how many would complain if the incorrect price meant it was cheaper?

Have a look at any of the bargain alert threads- esp. the Tesco one- you'd be quite amazed at the number of people who torpedo low prices for others- I prefer to think its that they're thick, rather than out of malice- but you would genuinely be scratching your head at some people...........

• Advertisement

Have a look at any of the bargain alert threads- esp. the Tesco one- you'd be quite amazed at the number of people who torpedo low prices for others- I prefer to think its that they're thick, rather than out of malice- but you would genuinely be scratching your head at some people...........

Was waiting to see what replies people would give before bringing up the Bargain Alert thread. To me its a breading ground for people to take advantage for mistakes on a stores behalf, of course the that will be passed off with the normal ''they make enough anyway'' or ''its there mistake not mine''

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Was waiting to see what replies people would give before bringing up the Bargain Alert thread. To me its a breading ground for people to take advantage for mistakes on a stores behalf, of course the that will be passed off with the normal ''they make enough anyway'' or ''its there mistake not mine''

Quite often they aren't errors at all (for example the change in Pamper Nappy packaging meant they were selling off the older packaged nappies at a quarter their regular price). Queue some-one telling this to the compliance manager in Tesco Maynooth (quoting the boards thread) and Tesco Maynooth refusing to allow the offer be honored for any additional customers. Same issue with Simple Wipes- which were one of their 'Crazy Price' offers, and Huggies Pullups- which were being discontinued.

These were all legitimate prices, that someone felt had to be too low to be true, reported them to Tesco- and at least in this branch, they pulled them from sale.

In my case- thankfully I have a car- I was able to drive to a store (other than Maynooth) and while I was put-out by having essential parts of my weekly shop not delivered as expected- at least I could drive elsewhere and sort it myself.

Not all low prices are misprices- sure, some are, but frequently shops may just be getting rid of stock, for whatever reason.

Quite often they aren't errors at all (for example the change in Pamper Nappy packaging meant they were selling off the older packaged nappies at a quarter their regular price). Queue some-one telling this to the compliance manager in Tesco Maynooth (quoting the boards thread) and Tesco Maynooth refusing to allow the offer be honored for any additional customers. Same issue with Simple Wipes- which were one of their 'Crazy Price' offers, and Huggies Pullups- which were being discontinued.

These were all legitimate prices, that someone felt had to be too low to be true, reported them to Tesco- and at least in this branch, they pulled them from sale.

In my case- thankfully I have a car- I was able to drive to a store (other than Maynooth) and while I was put-out by having essential parts of my weekly shop not delivered as expected- at least I could drive elsewhere and sort it myself.

Not all low prices are misprices- sure, some are, but frequently shops may just be getting rid of stock, for whatever reason.

Telling people about low prices of things that are low because they are getting rid of stock is different and alright, but when its a mistake, (and in a lot of cases clearly a mistake) and people are telling others about it online then they are taken advantage and encouraging others to do so as well. Like i said before they'll try to justify it by saying things like ''they make enough anyway'' You'll then see the same people on threads more over about phone, electricity etc telling people not to pay bills for the same reason

Advertisement